evangs1

OOOHHHHH!

8 posts in this topic

Guys, I figured it out!  The reason that Chris or anyone else doesn't work on this game is because they made it in FREAKING ASP.NET!!!!   WORST WEB DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGE EVER!!!!!

I mean didnt Chris had to rewrite the game? so its logical he would of picked a programing language most comfortable to him? or a programing language he thought best suited the game? 

lol

Can't tell if joke or genuine anger lol

Some joke, BUT MOSTLY ANGER!!!!!!!!!

I mean didnt Chris had to rewrite the game? so its logical he would of picked a programing language most comfortable to him? or a programing language he thought best suited the game? 

My philosophy (and probably every other developer) is that programming should be fun.  Generally not the case with ASP.NET .  A lot of guides specifically say to stay away from ASP.NET .  When I was looking at backend languages to learn, I took one look at it, and flew out the door.  It is extremely complex and not very fun to work with.

Guys, I figured it out!  The reason that Chris or anyone else doesn't work on this game is because they made it in FREAKING ASP.NET!!!!   WORST WEB DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGE EVER!!!!!

Best post of the year.

Some joke, BUT MOSTLY ANGER!!!!!!!!!

My philosophy (and probably every other developer) is that programming should be fun.  Generally not the case with ASP.NET .  A lot of guides specifically say to stay away from ASP.NET .  When I was looking at backend languages to learn, I took one look at it, and flew out the door.  It is extremely complex and not very fun to work with.

Mind you, simplicity ain't everything, if the langague has a lot of problems, it still isn't good. An example being PHP, easy to learn and fun to use, but riddled as ******** with problems.

Python is where it's at. :D

Python is where it's at. :D

PYTHON FTW!!!!

Too bad it's not widely used on web severs, but a great general scripting language.

Mind you, simplicity ain't everything, if the langague has a lot of problems, it still isn't good. An example being PHP, easy to learn and fun to use, but riddled as ******** with problems.

Unless you're doing something really crazy, PHP is pretty good.

PYTHON FTW!!!!

Too bad it's not widely used on web severs, but a great general scripting language.

Unless you're doing something really crazy, PHP is pretty good.

If I made my own game, I'd probbaly do it in Python. :D

PHP can do good stuff from what I've seen, the problem is there is an awful a lot of real bad PHP coders around. I've seen some truly horrible code.

As for ASP.net, it's made by goddamn Microsoft, it's going to suck as a language, as the only thing they can do right are word processors. :D

As for ASP.net, it's made by goddamn Microsoft, it's going to suck as a language, as the only thing they can do right are word processors. :D

Even those are on the border.