Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coeus Themis

Roleplaying Discussion (Discussion/OOC)

14 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Roleplaying Discussion, a hub for all things roleplaying on the Project Terra Forums. Feel free to discuss you upcoming or released topics and mull over ideas with your fellow roleplayers.

------------------------

NOTICE:

Hi, Coeus Themis here. I'm a roleplayer from many other forums, and I have years of experience under my belt. I pride myself in being a capable writer and intelligent mind, and I hope to meet and become friends with you all over the course of my stay here.

Drop in and introduce yourself! This thread is to strengthen the bond between members of our roleplay community.

This should not be a thread; but rather a forum. A single thread cannot be expected to house every Roleplayers ideas or upcoming stories. It would not be practical. I like your idea, but it needs to be expanded.

I understand your point, but when people splinter their ideas into threads purely about what they plan to do, the majority of the community isn't able to devote their attention or advice to everyone's thoughts or brainstorm. Not only that, but the RPD is also much like simply a place for roleplayers to talk about their ongoing threads or what other threads they could join. Constructive criticism is like the common currency in the RPD. If someone has an intro or a bio they want to talk about or offer for reading, the RPD could be a place to do that.

It's a thread that is suppose to bring together the RP'ing community of the forum so that they form better relationships, too, instead of everyone simply being individual-minded and only posting when it concerns themselves (not to call anyone selfish, or anything).

Plus, I don't think admin is going to give us our own forum for planning roleplays >_>... Maybe if we ask him really nicely.

We could get the badger to ask him!

:badger: "Give us a planning forum, admin!"

On the flipside, I don't think the myriad of roleplayers here will be able to divide their attention to deciphering what posts are about what story and user, and which ones pertain to theirs. With many players posting different posts about different stories each, it will get difficult to maintain organization of thoughts if it is all in one thread.

A forum is a must if you want this to even make sense after three months of continued, good rp.

Yeah, it's kind of like two different sides of the same coin.

Well, in the rules for my topic "Locked Doors, Hidden Keys", I asked for all OOC that didn't accompany an IC post be posted on the RPD :P.

So, answering your question on my thread, yes, it is non-canon to the game. I believe that's how any roleplaying forum should function, and I listed my opinion on the "Roleplaying Forum" thread.

Hmmm, we should get a Thread made where you create a Character, and role play battles :P I've seen it done in lots of other games and they are lots of fun.

Also, I may take time to write up a Ninja/Assassin/Etc. Role-Play, idk, depends on the interest, would anyone be interested?

Hey 718, I figured this discussion might take up a few posts, if you had any more questions, so I decided to redirect my answer here.

They're not rebels in a sense because they come from all over the world, and Neurotek isn't a well-established or even known about company. They're more of an opposition, or an enemy. But not rebels.

Just came across this while browsing online, and given that this is the closest to an OOC thread the RP section has, i'll just leave this here. It's on topic too, just replace the alien beast with an asteroid and it'd fit right in :awesome

20100415.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0