Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RyanChristopher

The Surges (OOC/Bios)

27 posts in this topic

Lets try to keep all OOC and Bios/Applications in here. It'll help keep the IC Thread much simpler and easier to read.

Table of Contents:

1.1 Intro

1.2Table of Contents/Rules

1.3 The Transformation

1.4 Powers

1.5 Official Character Sheet and Character List

1.6 Other Threads

Rules:

• [*:3gzo6dvq]Post all In-Character Stuff in
The Surges (IC)
[*:3gzo6dvq]Post all Bios here.
[*:3gzo6dvq]I have no real requirements for Bios. I do expect them to look good and not be a shallow creation.
[*:3gzo6dvq]Try to keep most OOC in this thread.
[*:3gzo6dvq]Have fun!

--------------------

The Transformation

How does one become either a Special or a Defender? It was relatively simple actually, but not always a easy thing to do. To become a Special or Defender, one had to be an outstanding person. You need to stand out from all the others. Then, of course, you had to hope one of the groups would recognize you and you had to have your own goal set on what side you should, shall, and will join.

Once you are recognized, it gets simpler. You go under the knife. Everything is changed, you're bones made stronger, you become taller, faster, stronger, you gain one power, of which you shall choose. Of course, picking one side over the other also has its consequences/advantages. Although they are negligible, they are still there. They boil down to if you can care for anything or not. Whereas the Specials don't, yet Defenders do.

--------------------

Powers:

Each player, no matter a Special or a Defender, has the ability to gain One Power during the surgery.

Telekinesis: The Ability to move objects with your mind. Telekinesis can grow into a powerful ability, but only in the case of a well trained Special or Defender.

Mind Reading: The ability to read peoples minds. They have the ability to know what is on their mind. The ability, at first, is limited, but as time goes on, they can delve deeper into the ability.

Seer: The ability to see into the future. It is, also, limited at first, but as it goes on, they can look further into the future.

Fire Bending: The ability to bend, manipulate, and use fire. This power lets someone use Fire to help them primarily attack and defend themselves. Fire Bending, like all other bendings, can be used w/o the presence of Fire.

Water Bending: The ability to bend, manipulate, and use water. This power lets people use Water to help them primarily defend or subdue. Water Bending, like all other bendings, can be used w/o the presence of Water.

Wind Bending: (Air) The ability to bend, manipulate, and use air. This power lets people use Air to help them attack someone or to help them fly. (propel mainly) Wind Bending, like all other bendigns, can be used w/o the presence of Air.

Earth Bending: The ability to bend, manipulate, and use Earth. This power lets people use Earth to help them defend against an attacker and create passages from one place to another. Earth Bending, like all other bendings, can be used w/o the presence of earth.

--------------------

Character Creation Sheet

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Clothing:[/b]

[b]Side:[/b] (Defender or Special)
[b]Power:[/b] (only One)
[b]Weapons of Choice:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Character List

Key: Name--/--Side--/--Forum User Name

Ryan--/--Defender--/--RyanChristopher

John Peart--/--Defender--/--7185514

Alexei Sehdnierkov--/--Special--/--SerjTankian

Roy Copperstone--/--Special--/--ShinningForce

Harold Fellstorm--/--Specials--/--Rinamir Mortem

--------------------

Other Threads

The Surges (IC)

Name: Ryan

Personality: Ryan is a fun loving, yet serious man. He was usually well prepared for alot of thing, yet at the same time, could be forgetful. Along with that, Ryan had always been a strong proponent for peoples rights, so the idea of how The Specials would work went against him.

Appearance: Athletic, Tall, Laid Back, and Tan.

Clothing: Typical Every-Day clothing. Depending on weather. If it was hot out he would usually be found in shorts and a T-Shirt, yet if it was cold, it would be Jeans or Sweat Pants and a Long-Sleeve Shirt.

Side: Defender

Power: Fire Bending

Weapons of Choice: Double Sided Katana, Throwing Needles, and occasionally a Bo Stick.

Skills: Ryan was well trained in Martial Arts. It had been a hobby of his since he could remember. After the Surgery, his Martial Arts skills only increased.

History: Ryan found out about the Specials and the Defenders when he was 16. Since he found out about them, he had a few goals, he wanted to stand out, to be the best. He wanted to join the Defenders. To help them stop Dr. Tobias. With Dr. Panem's help, Ryan hoped he could do just that. He was finally getting noticed after one of his Martial Arts Tournaments. He was going strong and hadn't taken many hits. After the fight, he was told a director for the Defenders had been here, and had seen him fight. He knew this could of been his chance. He continued to work his hardest, hoping that one day his dream would come true. Thankfully, it had. He joined the Defenders at the age of 19, and between then and now has spent much of his time training and having fun, but it was time for him to get serious.

Other: None.

Name: Roy Copperstone

Personality: Determination - this is Roy's most distinguished trait. Once he sets his mind to something, he doesn't turn back. He will carry out his task until it is finished or the life drains from his body. Roy is also very introverted. He plans his moves carefully and thoroughly before acting and lets nobody know of his intentions.

Appearance: Slim figure. Some would describe Roy as small - Roy finds his figure to be 'compact.' He has an athletic muscular tone and has always been fairly fast and agile.

Clothing: Roy is constantly running, therefore, he needs to be adequately dressed. He normally wears some kind of T-shirt and athletic shorts. During the winter or rain, Roy wears a black pair of track pants and a green windbreaker.

Side: (Defender or Special) Special

Power: (only One) Air Bending

Weapons of Choice: Dual Daggers with a variety of projectile weapons.

Skills: Increased speed and agility. Manipulates the air around his weapons to increase the fatality of their strikes.

History: Both of Roy's parents were murdered when Roy was thirteen years old. Roy, at the time, was helping a friend in a fight with the local school bully. When he returned home, he opened the front door just in time to see his mother pushed off the second floor overhang, with his father's mutilated corpse stretched out on the staircase. Roy ran away... and he kept running, until he found a large town on the outskirts of the city. He fell in with a local gang and spent the next few years of his life committing all sorts of petty crimes... until he stole from the wrong person - a Special. Roy was able to temporarily escape, with the woman's purse, but was eventually caught by a group of Specials. They offered him a proper home and family, with other Specials... Roy, tired of just being able to scrap by, accepted.

Other:

(I'm assuming we're waiting on others to join?)

Name:John Peart

Personality:Arrogant, he thinks he's the best at everything when in actualitythe he's only good as an engineer. He can normally figure out things from context and is a great source of knowledge.

Appearance:tall, strongly built and has green eyes and brown hair.

Clothing:enjoys khakis with a polo but when on business he wears a a suit with a greenish blue tie

Side: (Defender or Special) Defender

Power: (only One) Water Bending

Weapons of Choice:dual swords, blow darts, and throwing knives/daggers

Skills:is an amazing shot with blow darts and since he was 43 he has yet to miss a shot.

History:when John was 7, his parents noticed that he could manipulate water as he pleased. A few weeks later his parents died in a horrible car accident, he went to an orphanage and was soon adopted by some of thethe original specials. They thought him very wise and fought him how to use his skills to his advantage. At age 30 he was high up the ranks of the specials at whewhich point he realized the specials were doing things he though to be horribly wrong. He soon left the specials and at age 35, he joined the defenders. He is now old, but still able to defeat the majority of hos opponents.

Name: Christ, Jesus

Personality: Loves to preach, forgiving, light heart, knowledgeable, a leader, religious

Appearance: Slender, a full beard, sort of athletic body

Clothing: White robes, brown sandals

Side: Special

Power: EVERYTHING ON THE MENU (seer more preferred)

Weapons of Choice: A staff thingy

Skills: ... I'm the son of God, dude. You name it, I can do it. But I'm more known to turn water into wine, which can really make people amazed and happy, and I am very knowledgeable.

History: Complicated

Other: .....................................................

This is my REAL character.

(I HAVE CHANGED TO A SPECIAL)

Name: Alexei Sehdnierkov

Personality: An old man who often gets lost due to his Alzheimer's disease. When he's not taking his pants off in a Walmart, he's a fun loving man who loves the drink.

Appearance: INCREDIBLY strong, muscular, with a beard that touches his chest.

Clothing: Karate robes

Side: SPECIAL (Changed)

Power: Earth Bending

Weapons of Choice: He uses throwing knives and a huge two handed sword

Skills: He is very knowledgeable, except for when he randomly goes into Alzheimer's mode.

History: As a kid, he was involved with many of the wrong people, and got into many fights. This caused him to end up in jail many times, until the defenders discovered him and his special power. He was always able to fight very well, yet he always had a power of controlling the earth. Here he is today, a very wise, strong old man with Alzheimer's.

Other: None.

At first I was like "Not sure if serious..."

But, accepted (2nd Bio, not 1st) :P

Sorry for inactivity on my part, had had a busy 2 days. Cross Country Pre-Season Starting! :awesome

Nice, I'm XC, Indoor Track, and Outdoor Track.

5k's, 800's, 400's, 4x800's, 4x400's. My events haha

Name: Harold Fellstorm

Personality: Generous in nature but on face value shows an incredibly distrustful and sociopath personality. He has been know to exploit most people's foibles with a merciless efficiency, a tactic he has used to propel his career in politics to new heights. He has a complete disregard for humanity and would tend to see other people as pawns in a greater game he was playing.

Appearance: Tall, well built, dark hair held at the back with a metallic clasp. Constantly frowning

Clothing: Black suits

Side: Specials

Power: Telekinesis

Weapons of Choice: Dual English Rapiers

Skills: Champion fencer. Good politician and ruthless manipulator.

History: Born in England and lived most his life in England working on his political career from since he was a young man in University. He soon gained traction in Westminster and became an MP for West Derbyshire. Soon he was in the Cabinet and it was then he learnt about the Specials. He was soon approached by one of their members and all that they stood for appealed to him and he saw something in the Specials that he would never achieve in national politics. Through his training in Telekinesis he soon developed a skill with the sword, especially the English Rapier, as sharp as his abilities in Telekinesis.

Other:

Accepted.

On another note, not sure where everyone went?

I've been dealing with the set up of AVALANCHE's Govt. embassies, Charter, and all that good stuff. Sorry. I'll continue my character's stuff sometime tomorrow. I'm not sure about the other guys.

What?

Sorry, I just started school yesterday. Been ungodly busy. Had to do Chem, Honors Eng, everything haha

If I have time later today to make a post, I'll do so. If not, I promise I'll do it this weekend :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0