Aves

PTRP Map and Rules Thread

192 posts in this topic

Hello! This map is only for those engaged in PTRP, or Project-Terra Role Play. We subscribe to a very limited set of general rules:

GENERAL RULES

1. No pixel-hogging. There is a common sense limit imposed on land size.  Final discretion goes to the RP Moderators.

2. No being a dick. There's no need for OOC rudeness or anything of the kind. If you have an issue, keep it in-community and talk it out like men.

3. Don't simply copy and paste stuff from other nation-building game RP stuff to here. For those from CN or NS, make something new.

4. Cooperate.  Map space is limited, and people want to RP with others.  If you want to be isolationist, go ahead - but be an active isolationist!

MAP RULES

1. You must claim "Territory" on the map equal to whatever you want as long as it is "common sense" sized.  If you RP an aggressive military empire you might want to claim a ton of land, but you'll sadly have to share map space with other players.

1a. All citizens of a country RP'd by a player are under his control.

1b. All non-citizens in a country's territory (as defined by rule 1) are RP'd by the player that they are in.  This supercedes 1a; a player of Nation A can't have a citizen visiting Nation B randomly do a terrorist attack, or vice-versa.

2. You are given an "Area of Influence". When you claim an Area of Influence, or AoI, then you can choose an AoI up to three times (300%) the size of your RP Territory.

2a. AoI can overlap.

2b. All citizens of a country RP'd by a player are under his control when AoI is not overlapping.  All non-citizens in a country AoI are under his control when AoI is not overlapping.

3. When it is NOT a part of territory, your AoI is contestable.  If your AoI overlaps, neither player has sole control over the people in that AoI.  Both players are free to RP as they wish, within reason.  Disputes over control in a contested AoI go to the RP Moderators.

NATION RULES

1. For non-military resources, you have what you have in-game. This means research and major cities!  If you only have two cities in-game, you only have two major cities in RP to use for technological hubs, for example.

2. For military resources, you have what you can possibly have in-game. If you don't have ICBMs researched, for example, then you can't use ICBMs. If you have them researched but NOT BUILT for money concerns, then you can still use the ICBMs in RP. Same goes for air force, navy, etc. You will be required to prove you can build them.

3. You don't have to use your in-game nation name, ruler name, etc.; feel free to change these.

4. During consensual RP, rule #2 can be voided. For instance, if you and I were to engage in warfare and I had ICBMs and you didn't, if we both agreed to give you ICBMs then you're allowed to have them IN THAT CONFLICT ONLY.

5. Also, natural resources are exempt from rule #1.  Every country is understood as self-sufficient for the purposes of this RP.

POLITICAL MAP URL - CLICK FOR 1600 X 900 MAP

GEOGRAPHIC MAP URL - CLICK FOR 1600x900 MAP

Please use the geographic map as a reference for the official map. The geographic map only gives a broad overview - if you claim a desert and wish for there to be oases, or a bunch of mountains and want there to be fertile land at the summit, go ahead.

Please download the first map url and then open in Windows Photo Viewer. You'll find the map upscales perfectly and will allow you to see with precision all of the borders.

Edited by The Doctor

Raiding and terrorizing someone else's AoI is fair game then? Don't need permission for that?

You can interact with someone's AoI without restriction, except for doing something that directly affects their Territory like poisoning a river that runs through the city or something.

Ninja edit: you also can't claim it unless it's within your own AoI.

Edited by Aves

Are we going to have any ********tasticly immature Game Moderators or are we going to do everything by community decision on a case by case basis as problems come up?

Are we going to have any ********tasticly immature Game Moderators or are we going to do everything by community decision on a case by case basis as problems come up?

Case-by-case.

Oh yeah, so if I never really do much with my AoI.. it makes it easier for you to mess around in them?

Yes.

Outstanding map. Much better then some other forums... Much more creative.

Thanks, mate!

very good map

Thanks. :}

Due to popular demand, we're doubling the sizes of nations and AoI's. Because of this, each person involved may pick a new spot or keep their current size! The size increase will allow everyone to easily see AoI interactions and increase the logical amount of space for some (1,000,000 people in 1,100 square miles is a little absurd) nations. Plus, with slightly larger nations we can encourage more varied gameplay and perhaps even see some on another continent.

Can I get a small slice of land somwhere isolated in the east? Call it Dromund Kaas please.

Can I get a small slice of land somwhere isolated in the east? Call it Dromund Kaas please.

Any preference to geography?

So... are these rules for some future PR?

P.S.: I'm planning on joining the map.

I'll take 1000sq miles way down south. Call it Osea

North East, can I get a decent sized spot called Portia? (color it purple)

Which continent would you prefer?

So I'm actually going out of my way to draw it on a map, I found Gilboa to be around 500 pixels more or less. How big is Gilboa in miles. Unless you have a Pixel mile ratio already?

You mentioned an island, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Edited by ShamanMcLamie

Eh, how big would 2000 square miles be?

For that matter, wondering what the geographical indicators are.....

Edited by Sumeragi

Which continent would you prefer?

The same one everyone else is on, just on the south part of it versus the north

So I'm actually going out of my way to draw it on a map, I found Gilboa to be around 500 pixels more or less. How big is Gilboa in miles. Unless you have a Pixel mile ratio already?

You mentioned an island, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Gilboa is actually a bit bigger than it would be if it strictly followed the numbers, but there's plenty of room and he agreed to have it cut down a bit further than necessary.

In regards to the island, I had it labeled but for some reason I uploaded the wrong one. I'll get up on it, stat.

Eh, how big would 2000 square miles be?

For that matter, wondering what the geographical indicators are.....

Pandion is a little over 2000 square miles.

The same one everyone else is on, just on the south part of it versus the north

Sure thing.

Map updated with Osea, size tweak (2000 -> 2200) for one country, and 1000 sqmil indicator. Please remember that things don't have to be exact!

So I counted the Pixels on the island and it consisted of 220 pixels exactly. In my opinon to save the effort in Math why don't we say 250 pixels a quarter of a thousand equals a thousand miles. It's even and keeps the math simple, Sound good?

I'm actually in the process of mapping out the rivers on the political map, and I might do something for mountains and forests.

Edited by ShamanMcLamie

So I counted the Pixels on the island and it consisted of 220 pixels exactly. In my opinon to save the effort in Math why don't we say 250 pixels a quarter of a thousand equals a thousand miles. It's even and keeps the math simple, Sound good?

I'm actually in the process of mapping out the rivers on the political map, and I might do something for mountains and forests.

The point isn't to limit someone to 250 pixels, it's to give a rough approximation.

Thank you for putting rivers on, I should have done that earlier but I didn't originally intend for the map to be used for this purpose :P