Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord Michael

Bonds of Friendship

5 posts in this topic

New Imperium, New Imperium, Imperial Palace

It has been a busy day in New Imperium, but then,When has it not? Thought Lord Michael as he finished putting his royal signature on a new law. Lord Michael heard a knock on his door and looked up.

An aide had just walked through his door and was carrying an official document. "My Lord, I have the trade agreement and diplomatic letter for the nation of Germania."

"Very good. Let me put my royal signature on those documents before they're sent out."

-----------

Official Diplomatic Message

Greetings President Ryan Green,

The government of New Imperium would like to formally establish a free trade agreement with the nation of Germania. It is our hope that Germania will see this trade agreement as a great opportunity for both the economies of New Imperium and Germania.

The government of New Imperium would also like to create a mutual defense pact with New Imperium. Especially considering Germania's recent troubles with armed tribals. The details of this mutual defense pact can be discussed in greater detail, assuming Germania approves.

With regards,

Lord Michael

Edited by Lord Michael

GerS.png

The Federal Republic of Germania

“Amor Patriae"

• Recipient: Lord Michael
  • Subject: Open Trade and Mutual Defense Treaties
  • Origin: Office of the Presidency
  • Prioriy: High

Lord Michael,

I believe that an open trade agreement will be mutually beneficial to both of our nations, as the benefits to our people will know no bounds. I am more than elated to agree, and I must express my gratitude. However, I would also like to discuss the terms of a treaty allowing for the sale of arms and equipment between us to further strengthen our militaries.

As for your suggestion of a mutual defense pact, I must admit, with doubt, that I don't believe it would be enough. Please do not misconstrue my words, but I believe that a treaty allowing for the establishment of an intergovernmental military alliance that would provide opportunities for other nations to become signatories is a far more strategic option. However, if you don't view this as an option, I am still more than willing to enter a mutual defense pact with the New Imperium.

Sincerely,

Ryan Green

President of the FRG

6F8D0B2BEED89CFA12633E1FAA064DDE.png

The government of New Imperium would be willing to sign an arms agreement, once the exact nature of the terms are discussed.

On the second topic, the government of New Imperium recognizes that an international defense treaty would be more effective against foreign aggression. However, it realizes that such an agreement, at this time, would be impractical to create. Therefore, New Imperium will sign a mutual defense pact with Germania until such time it believes that an international treaty is possible, and in New Imperium's favor.

With regards,

Lord Michael

Edited by Lord Michael

Lord Michael,

Excellent. I believe we should discuss the terms of an arms agreement on a more private channel. I will contact you.

Perhaps you are correct. For the time being, Germania will enter a mutual defense pact with the New Imperium until an international defense treaty becomes viable. However, this should be discussed in private as well.

I fear, sadly, that our current communications are being monitored by foreign parties. As mentioned before, I will contact you by other means as soon as humanly possible. In the meantime, I have since launched an investigation into the attacks during the conferences. This is a matter I must speak with you about candidly, regardless of ongoing diplomacy.

Sincerely,

Ryan Green

President of the FRG

6F8D0B2BEED89CFA12633E1FAA064DDE.png

Edited by Germania

New Imperium will wait for a secure communication channel to discuss these sensitive topics. Until then: have a good day.

With regards,

Lord Michael