• Jewish
    • Hindu
    • Pastafarian
    • Scientologist
    • Theist (No defined religion)
    • Deist
    • Agnostic
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

104 posts in this topic

No flaming please. Just curious about the religious diversity of Project Terra.

I'm Christian.

(Please note in the poll, Christian covers all denominations, Islam/Muslim covers all types, etc.)

Also, I suppose 'atheist, deist, theist, and agnostic' aren't religions, but you get the point.

Edited by Gandalf

I've seen threads like this on other forums. They always turn into the sun with all the flaming.

But I am a strong follower of the Other faith. All other faiths are false and their followers are fools who should be put down.

Praise the Other!

What has ever happened to Catholic, it is an indepednent religion, different from Christianity.

What has ever happened to Catholic, it is an indepednent religion, different from Christianity.

A dictionary would say that a Christian is someone professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.

Catholics would fit this definition.

Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity.

major-branches-in-christianity.jpg

Edited by Gandalf

A dictionary would say that a Christian is someone professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.

Catholics would fit this definition.

Seems like a reasonable explanation, more reasonable than Gandalf's :P

Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity.

:mad: Catholicism and Christianity are not alike at all. If they were, they were ought to have the same beliefs and worship God in the same church. I went to a Christian Church once, and the priest was bashing Catholics saying we are "ignorant people" and that "have not even touched the Bible before" :mad:

:mad: Catholicism and Christianity are not alike at all. If they were, they were ought to have the same beliefs and worship God in the same church. I went to a Christian Church once, and the priest was bashing Catholics saying we are "ignorant people" and that "have not even touched the Bible before" :mad:

Without Christianity there would be no Catholicism.

Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, just like Protestants, Baptists, Methodists, etc. They all read the Bible, they just all have a large overarching theme that Jesus is the son of god, so on and so forth. They have minor differences in the way they practice their religions though. For example Catholics have saints and the Virgin Mary, which they say small prayers to, Protestants do not.

Without Christianity there would be no Catholicism.

Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, just like Protestants, Baptists, Methodists, etc. They all read the Bible, they just all have a large overarching theme that Jesus is the son of god, so on and so forth. They have minor differences in the way they practice their religions though. For example Catholics have saints and the Virgin Mary, which they say small prayers to, Protestants do not.

But if they were the same, they aren't supposed to bash each other according to the Bible, and those minor differences actually are differences.It's like saying the U.S is just as same as the UK, even after they won the rebellion.

But if they were the same, they aren't supposed to bash each other according to the Bible, and those minor differences actually are differences.It's like saying the U.S is just as same as the UK, even after they won the rebellion.

The bible says a lot of things people don't follow.

Think of it like this, Christianity is fruit, Catholics are Oranges, Protestants are Apples, Baptists are Grapes. They are all different, but they all share the the fact that they are fruit.

I'm not going to argue with you any more because I know I'm right, Catholicism is, and always will be a denomination/branch/form of Christianity.

The bible says a lot of things people don't follow.

Think of it like this, Christianity is fruit, Catholics are Oranges, Protestants are Apples, Baptists are Grapes. They are all different, but they all share the the fact that they are fruit.

I'm not going to argue with you any more because I know I'm right, Catholicism is, and always will be a denomination/branch/form of Christianity.

Depends your definition of Christianity. If its Christianity according to the dictionary, you are correct. If it is Christianity, the Christian's religion (not Catholics, then I would like to object that.

I am a Jedi. I am a guardian of peace and justice in the galaxy. To not be a Jedi leads to the dark side of the force....

Depends your definition of Christianity. If its Christianity according to the dictionary, you are correct. If it is Christianity, the Christian's religion (not Catholics, then I would like to object that.

The Catholic Church considers itself the Christianity.

I used to be a catholic. Spoilers, I also used to be a Christian. Christianity is a religion. Catholicism, Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, and many others are denominations. Catholicism is just the most well known and largest denomination of Christianity. However, several "Christian" churches (I've found this to mostly apply to those of the Baptist and/or bat ******** crazy persuasion) like to say that Catholicism isn't Christianity due to being "idol worshipers" and other such nonsense. Why would you want it split? Are you baptist and/or bat ******** crazy? This debate is silly, you're all silly, you should feel bad.

Marin: I, being awesome and wise, will present you with an indisputable source (presuming you're catholic, as you seem to be) of why you're wrong.

I present The Bishop of Rome, Vicarius Iesu Christi, Successor of the Prince of Apostles, Sumus Pontifex Ecclesiae Universalis, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the State of Vatican City and Servus Servorum Dei, His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI.

This is a copy of the speech he gave in 2005, to a group of Protestant Church Leaders.

Christians belonging to the various Churches and Ecclesial Communities.

You can find that in Paragraph 7, line 3.

If you require more Papal evidence, we could of course resort to His Holiness Pope John Paul II's papal bull Ut Unum Sint, or perhaps the 2nd Vatican Council's Unitatis Redintegratio. But surely the word of the sitting Pope should be enough for a Catholic.

After all, whilst Papal Infallibility does not apply here, I'm fairly sure that Petrine Supremacy means you have to accept his word as, quite literally, gospel.

Marin, the reason for the various denominations of Christianity is that they each interpret the Bible differently and teach according to those interpretations.

Edited by Zhaan

The main point of Christianity is that a bearded guy died for humanity's freedom. That's how it was meant to be, that's how it should stay. Religion bashing is like comparing the size of your toenails. In short, I don't give a damn.

I'm Christian, although I don't really fall into any mainstream denomination. It seems that the goal of most Christians is to make themselves look racist, sexist, stupid, ect, ect. Christians use to be scholars, now they seem to be doomsayers, bigots, and frankly dumb asses. I think the church has been "asleep" for over a hundred years now. They have lost the true meaning of faith, it's not fighting about gay marriage or trying to "save" our children from the evil modern society. It's about worshiping God, surrendering yourself to him, and trusting in him to make things right. Modern Christians are to concerned about saving the world, and not focusing on their own faith.

Isaiah 29:13

And the Lord said: “Because this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men,

Matthew 16:23

But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

BTW, I don't give a ******** what you believe, I think it's great that we can all do whatever we want in America.

I'm Christian, although I don't really fall into any mainstream denomination. It seems that the goal of most Christians is to make themselves look racist, sexist, stupid, ect, ect. Christians use to be scholars, now they seem to be doomsayers, bigots, and frankly dumb asses. I think the church has been "asleep" for over a hundred years now. They have lost the true meaning of faith, it's not fighting about gay marriage or trying to "save" our children from the evil modern society. It's about worshiping God, surrendering yourself to him, and trusting in him to make things right. Modern Christians are to concerned about saving the world, and not focusing on their own faith.

BTW, I don't give a ******** what you believe, I think it's great that we can all do whatever we want in America.

They never had the true meaning of faith to begin with.

You can worship almost anything you want in most corporation governed states so America is not alone.