• Jewish
    • Hindu
    • Pastafarian
    • Scientologist
    • Theist (No defined religion)
    • Deist
    • Agnostic
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

104 posts in this topic

I guess you could say I'm an apatheist, which isn't in the list above. Although you could say it is a hybrid of atheism and agnosticism.

Basically, I do not wish to follow a religion.

I would define myself as a Quranist Muslim. I reject the Hadith and abide to no sect of Islam (although I was raised in a Orthodox Sunni home),

Hellenistic myself or wtf ever we're calling ourselves now, I guess the proper term would be "Greek polytheist re-constructionist" or some ********; but frankly that's too damn long.

Lol, religion.

But seriously, I'm more atheist than agnostic (if that makes any sense.)

Mm, I identified myself as a Buddhist in the past, but I think this is more accurate of my beliefs:

http://goodmenprojec...thout-religion/

Also Buddhism ought to be taken out of the poll:

http://www.amtb.cn/e...ses/educati.htm

Mahayana Buddhism could be called a religion in practice, as many don't follow the teachings of the buddha that the article describes.

No Taoism in that list?

:(

Also, according to the definition of "religion," Buddhism is a religion, as is Taoism even though I dont believe in any god.

Belief in a deity is not a requirement for religion.

PS: the definition of religion given in that article is not one Im familiar with.

noun

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.

the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

What has ever happened to Catholic, it is an indepednent religion, different from Christianity.

:mad: Catholicism and Christianity are not alike at all. If they were, they were ought to have the same beliefs and worship God in the same church. I went to a Christian Church once, and the priest was bashing Catholics saying we are "ignorant people" and that "have not even touched the Bible before" :mad:

I've never seen so much stupid in a thread before.

Spoiler alert:

Christianity and Catholicism are the same thing.

To clarify the whole Catholic Christian thing.

Catholocism is a segment of Christianity. Catholics believe Jesus Christ is there lord and savior and all Christian denominations Orthodox and Protestantism branch off of Catholocism. Basically any anyone that believes Jesus is the Messiah and lord and savior is a Christian. But there are multiple Christian faiths that have different interpretations of scripture and often bash each other. So it's not uncommon for those in a Protestant denomination to go Catholic bashing.

Even Mormons and those Jehovah people are Christian despite what was agreed upon at the council of Nicea (however its spelled).

Because technically, the council of Nicea was complete herrasy when you take into consideration that the earliest Christians didnt follow Nicean standards.

I would have to say that I walk the fine line between a Modern Deist and a Spiritual Atheist.