Chris

Beta And Alpha Info

419 posts in this topic

..also people licking up admin words, going like "yes admin, we should be closing this thread", hoping to receive bigger appreciation and consideration by admin for this, and eventully any in-game gift in the long term after a long... relationship with admin, lol, if game comes up again, we will destroy you.

edit:

love :) xxx

don't take my words too serious.. :)

Kadin, is that you?

..also people licking up admin words, going like "yes admin, we should be closing this thread", hoping to receive bigger appreciation and consideration by admin for this, and eventully any in-game gift in the long term after a long... relationship with admin, lol, if game comes up again, we will destroy you.

edit:

He ESTIMATED. He told you it MIGHT TAKE LONGER. Do not start attacking Chris because he made an estimation, and you're not patient enough to wait 2 bloody days. Admins are asking you to wait but a few more days, and then you start to attack them? Holy hell.

edit:

Lol at the passive-aggressiveness. "We will destroy you, but don't take my words too serious." Dafuq.

Anyway, let's just let the admins work on getting PT ready to launch and stop pestering them for information. Information will come out when it's available.

P.S. I can has free stuff admins? :3

when will the game be online again i just want to play okay can you give me an estimate

Really?

I mean, seriously. Why?

Edited by Skable

when will the game be online again i just want to play okay can you give me an estimate

All these people are making accounts just to post these....

WHY YOU DO THIS.

Edited by dddane

Foolish padawans...you cannot hope to become a Jedi Knight with such impatience. I reiterate

patience_yoda-23672.jpg

Take advice from this Titus Maccius Plautus quote. "Patience is the best remedy for every trouble." (e.g. impatience). Don't rush perfection. Things will finish when they finish and there is little we can control about that in this scenario.

Edited by Yoda

I'm trying my best to get this out the door as soon as possible. It's shaping up, just give it a bit more. Still planning on launching soon.

I'm trying my best to get this out the door as soon as possible. It's shaping up, just give it a bit more. Still planning on launching soon.

I think a statement as simple as this is all people have asked for. Thank you, Chris.

Don't worry Chris take all the time needed, i know your doing your best. And that the game will be better off at the end. Keep up the great work that i know your doing.

The mods coming in and often treating the players like whiny children who should shut their mouths and be thankful aren't helping either. The players are the reason the game can exist or be successful at all. They deserve better.

Pretty much the whole post was right on the money, but I wanted to emphasize this quote above.

Ever since Supermod retired the moderation team has been a weakness of the game. They are rude, condescending and frankly very childish in how they perform their duties (which they accepted by taking the role of a moderator) and the way they encourage and maintain an adversarial mod-player relationship. It is a poor reflection on the administration of this game that this continues to be allowed to happen, and infact be supported and defended, from the top down.

Edited by Kadin

Kadin, is that you?

Hello, Malone. Please see the following:

Pretty much the whole post was right on the money, but I wanted to emphasize this quote above.

Ever since Supermod retired the moderation team has been a weakness of the game. They are rude, condescending and frankly very childish in how they perform their duties (which they accepted by taking the role of a moderator) and the way they encourage and maintain an adversarial mod-player relationship. It is a poor reflection on the administration of this game that this continues to be allowed to happen, and infact be supported and defended, from the top down.

This is an example of my posting. It looks nothing like the post above, which you attempted to make a comparison with to my style.

Please study the actual post made by me, and familiarize yourself with it so that such embarrassing mistakes (you should be embarrassed, anyway,) will not happen again.

Thanks!

Edited by Kadin

Alright. This thread has gotten rather out of hand. It's time for a reset.

The purpose of the thread is to provide information on the Beta rollout and for players to ask questions about how Beta will be structured, how the rollout will be carried out, what will be carried over from Alpha, etc. It is not a place to suggest new game mechanics, or discuss how they should work. It is also not a place to harass Chris about when exactly the rollout will take place. Any changes in estimated date will be posted in this thread as they happen.

Now for a recap on the basics of the Beta rollout.

1.) Any players coming from Alpha to Beta will receive some type of in-game bonus. What this bonus will be, Chris has not decided yet.

2.) The goal is to begin Beta rollout within the next few days. Chris is working hard to meet this goal. If the goal becomes untenable, a post will be made in this thread with revisions to the timeline.

3) Beta will not be opened to the general public immediately. The rollout will be gradual, starting smaller and then snowballing until registration is thrown open to everyone. This will be accomplished by using an invite system. Codes will be generated that grant access, and these will be distributed through a variety of means. After a certain number of codes have been given out, players will be able to send their own invites.

Now, multiple warning posts have been made in this thread by the Moderation Team about off-topic posting, spam posts, and posts that do nothing more than ask "What day is the game coming out." As these verbal in-thread warnings have proven insufficient to stop such posts, a different approach will be utilized. Any post in this thread that breaks the forum rules or falls into the categories listed above will receive a formal warning.

Alright. This thread has gotten rather out of hand. It's time for a reset.

The purpose of the thread is to provide information on the Beta rollout and for players to ask questions about how Beta will be structured, how the rollout will be carried out, what will be carried over from Alpha, etc. It is not a place to suggest new game mechanics, or discuss how they should work. It is also not a place to harass Chris about when exactly the rollout will take place. Any changes in estimated date will be posted in this thread as they happen.

Now for a recap on the basics of the Beta rollout.

1.) Any players coming from Alpha to Beta will receive some type of in-game bonus. What this bonus will be, Chris has not decided yet.

2.) The goal is to begin Beta rollout within the next few days. Chris is working hard to meet this goal. If the goal becomes untenable, a post will be made in this thread with revisions to the timeline.

3) Beta will not be opened to the general public immediately. The rollout will be gradual, starting smaller and then snowballing until registration is thrown open to everyone. This will be accomplished by using an invite system. Codes will be generated that grant access, and these will be distributed through a variety of means. After a certain number of codes have been given out, players will be able to send their own invites.

Now, multiple warning posts have been made in this thread by the Moderation Team about off-topic posting, spam posts, and posts that do nothing more than ask "What day is the game coming out." As these verbal in-thread warnings have proven insufficient to stop such posts, a different approach will be utilized. Any post in this thread that breaks the forum rules or falls into the categories listed above will receive a formal warning.

Since when was #3 decided, and why wherent we told sooner??? Can we please have more details on that.

Also, the reason players seem to be so annoying is because the moderation is failing to provide sufficient information as to the status of the game. A post like this should have been made much, much sooner. It wouldnt kill you to let us know whats going on.

Since when was #3 decided, and why wherent we told sooner??? Can we please have more details on that.

Also, the reason players seem to be so annoying is because the moderation is failing to provide sufficient information as to the status of the game. A post like this should have been made much, much sooner. It wouldnt kill you to let us know whats going on.

The details of item 3 were not available to us, the staff, until earlier today. We are doing our best to provide you with the most up to date information available, however we cannot provide an update before we have the information.

At your convenience, I would like to know how the details of #3 will be implemented. It sounds as though only a select few of us will be given initial access to Beta. Is it wise to divide the membership like so? Or am I misinterpreting this?

At your convenience, I would like to know how the details of #3 will be implemented. It sounds as though only a select few of us will be given initial access to Beta. Is it wise to divide the membership like so? Or am I misinterpreting this?

You know how google does launches to products? It'll likely be kind of like that.

I agree also. Those that start earlier get a jump start on those that didn't get an invite. They get to check out new features and changes and alliances founded early get a jump on those that didn't get invited.

To clarify on behalf of our Glorious Leader, the reasoning behind this is to ensure that if any major or semi-major bugs have slipped through the Devs fingers, they get caught and fixed without necessitating a game wide reset for loads of players.

Beta means Beta-testing. So yes this is a testing phase of the game. The game is being completely recoded into a new language, and as careful as Chris and Demo are, the possibility exists for bugs, ranging from minor to major. The hope and the intent of the team, is or course, that these won't be there, but better safe than sorry. The smaller the pool of players the easier it is to make fixes to issues before they (or the results of them) spread far enough that the integrity of the game experience is compromised. A gradual rollout addresses this issue while still getting the game out to the general public as quickly as possible. The other alternative was a much smaller, completely closed initial launch, followed weeks (or potentially months) later by ageneral, publicly accessible launch. The gradual, invitation based rollout was seen as both more effective and faster.

So for 3) will the game be reset after a period of the closed launch and after a good amount of bug testing has been done to re-level the playing field? If not, how staggered are invite waves?

I'm liking what I hear.

Will the 'small pool' of testers be randomly selected?

It will likely involve invites to alliance leaders, active individuals here and on IRC, and a few extra codes thrown up on the forums to round it out.