Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

75 posts in this topic

So what do you think our Beta bonus should/might be?

for me
*Money-duh
*Maybe extra land
*0r a free city

what do you guys think?

Edited by Hannibal

I'd like to have maybe some exclusive weapons only available to those who pre-ordered, wait...wrong game.

Ummm, I'm guessing there will be some bonus funds and things that don't have to be coded in, but rather just given to alpha nations. Who knows? Whatever it is, it'll be fine. I know Chris won't want to give too much advantage to returning players or it can destabilize the game for others just starting out.

id rather something that shows i am a previous player, not an advantage over others i don't need that. but something that shows my dedication/love for the game, so like an award on each nations page if they are returning players.

I actually agree that a little image like a medal or something that signifies you were an alpha player would be cool. May not mean much up front, but assuming the game works out, then a year or so from now if you're still playing, it's kind of a big deal. *shrugs.

A one use weapon that allows us to completely destroy any non-alpha nation and a cool medal :D

I'm 100% behind a medal, that would be really neat. I would also be against any type of in game bonus that type of thing has driven me away from other games before.

Never though of a medal that actually sounds cool, or maybe a special title like "Adam" or "Eve" (stealing that idea from one of my fave scifi book series) showing that we came from, or were part of, the "Genesis" that was Alpha

"Adam" or "Eve" (stealing that idea from one of my fave scifi book series)

icwatudidthar

Metals are great and it should probably stop there. Anything involving money, land or cities would unbalance the game. You might as well give all the players that extra income in the beginning or that extra land because that's what it'd basically come down to. New players already don't know what to do and will be behind because of that, but if those with experience get an extra boost they would just get farther ahead, in result would deter new players from the game. A metal, insignia would show prestige and last forever while, $200 mil or 50 land would get lost in time.

Most of you think you'll get a huge bonus and get ahead, but in the end their are 1000's of other nations who are thinking the same thing. No monetary or infrastructural bonuses please!

Edited by Rinzler

"Since Chris evidently doesn't want the bonus too strong, what about just giving alpha players whatever bonus people get from donating to the game the first time. (The little stars indicate those who have donated). I forget exactly what you can get from donating, but if i recall correctly, those also are not game-breaking bonuses and provide some recognition to those who donate. Same goal here isn't it?"

"Since Chris evidently doesn't want the bonus too strong, what about just giving alpha players whatever bonus people get from donating to the game the first time. (The little stars indicate those who have donated). I forget exactly what you can get from donating, but if i recall correctly, those also are not game-breaking bonuses and provide some recognition to those who donate. Same goal here isn't it?"

A new player can donate and get the same thing. I would really like something that distinguishes alpha from non alpha.

I'd like the capability to do a longer short description about my nation; any ability to personalize my nation would be appreciated really. I am not in the financial position to donate and am a little put-off that I would have to donate in order to have access to personalizing features like that.

tl; dr

Personalizing features would also bring more people to the game and encourage activity. The status-qua pre-donation simply isn't good enough.

Save the reward for donating to stats.

Get people emotionally invested with their nations through short-stories, timelines, rp, etc. so they will be more likely (imo) to spend money and support PT.

Took the words out of my mouth

THIS

How about the ability to change the background pic of our nation page, instead of selecting the default China, USA, Germany etc.?

Id like something so that when others come to the game, they know that i was here for alpha. like "xxx days of alpha", where xxx is the age of my nation(R.I.P.) also. That would be great.

an insignia/emblem/title/rank bar that we were from Alpha is enough... let's not ruin the newcomers that we are at the edge just because we're from alpha. just isn't fair if you're in their side.

I'd be happy with "this guys pretty cool. hes been here for years. "

though, i'll probably need to know my email address i used. and i simply don't recall. :/

Maybe including to the ribbon Alpha testers could ornately decorate their page pehaps? Wouldn't have to be too much, something along the lines of a fancy border on their nation page and things like that.

Edited by Dohnutninja

as far as i remember there was the possibility to buy 1-3 stars with real money that appear left from your name

i guess these stars were normal images

so why not give players, like some suggested before, sort of medal or special, exclusive sign that appears left from their name?

I would Want the Ability to do a Proper nation description, and a medal would also be nice.

Edited by Etpwnhome81

I think we are pretty set on a medal, now who wants to design the damned thing?