Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tydizzler

Political Affiliation Poll

Political Affiliation   63 members have voted

1. 1. What is your political affiliation?

• Republican
    • Democrat
    • Libertarian
    • Independent
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

107 posts in this topic

The first Republican President presided over the single most impactful expansion of federal power in US history, and the largest expansion of government spending before him and until FDR. How exactly is that "free market solutions, cutting spending and fiscal responsibility?"

I hope you understand, that when people say the values of the original democratic party, they're not endorsing slavery. When people say "Original Republicans" they usually refer to Robert Taft's kind.

Edited by Paul_

I hope you understand, that when people say the values of the original democratic party, they're not endorsing slavery. When people say "Original Republicans" they usually refer to Robert Taft's kind.

No, when people say "Original Republicans" they mean the period in history when the Republican Party agreed with them. Unless there is an objective definition of the term, the term is meaningless. The only objective meaning of "original" would be the first ones.

So no, I don't "understand" that when people say the values of the original Democratic Party, they're not endorsing slavery. They absolutely are.

What about those of us who aren't American and don't conform to US political stereotypes?

That would be me. Internationally minded, socially and law and order moderate and economically left wing plus deeply religious. 

No, when people say "Original Republicans" they mean the period in history when the Republican Party agreed with them. Unless there is an objective definition of the term, the term is meaningless. The only objective meaning of "original" would be the first ones.

So no, I don't "understand" that when people say the values of the original Democratic Party, they're not endorsing slavery. They absolutely are.

That's absolutely false, original republicanism refers to the period in which modern republicanism stems from, aka Robert Taft.

Jajaja this is just a trolling xD (The flag). I don't know if a can explain my self... My english is not very good :S But I trying the best.Well, i think that a democracy need a lot of parties and diferents political opinions. Bipastidism isn't good. Democracy need minimum of four or five parties to be healthy and rich.Yes, only few countries have this, but the majority isn't the best or the good, is only the normal, and this is diferent to be good. In my country the political situation could be better if we haven't bipartidism. We are, now, go to real plupartidism, but to high cost. (Bipartidism in my country isn't constitucional, is from stupid people only xD We have a lot of political parties but they don't have votes.) Sorry for my bad english :S

You realize DPRK has a "three generations of punishment" law, their people actually believe their society is modern, they watch black and white reruns on tv, the vast majority do nowt know what a tablet, internet, smart phone, or iPod is (even though their labor camps produce these things), the state sets up its best accommodations for tourists while citizens don't even make the money required to visit them, they execute people in horrendous ways for almost nothing, living in North Korea is basically nothing more than "existing" for as long as you are permitted....

You understand all of this, right?

That's absolutely false, original republicanism refers to the period in which modern republicanism stems from, aka Robert Taft.

I've never heard anyone cite Taft as their "original Republican" before, but I have heard Hayes, Roosevelt, Coolidge, Eisenhower, and Reagan. So it's obvious to me that you're using the same definition of "original Republican" that I just identified as being a definition that renders the term meaningless for the purposes of discussion.

Why not simply describe your political beliefs, rather than labeling them with some self-righteous appellation?

I've never heard anyone cite Taft as their "original Republican" before, but I have heard Hayes, Roosevelt, Coolidge, Eisenhower, and Reagan. So it's obvious to me that you're using the same definition of "original Republican" that I just identified as being a definition that renders the term meaningless for the purposes of discussion.

Why not simply describe your political beliefs, rather than labeling them with some self-righteous appellation?

heh. Firstly, I don't mean President Taft. I mean Robert Taft, a US Senate Majority Leader. There is a reason, why he is nicknamed "Mr. Republican", and it's not because he endorsed "massive government spending".