Ahovking

What's your most favourite/hated topic to debate

28 posts in this topic

What's your top topic/s do you like or willing to debate about and one/s that you hate to debate about.

Favourite Topic: politics, love to debate about how one idea is better than another idea, and the history of those ideas and how it worked out.

Hated Topic: Religion, you can disprove God, there for it is pointless in debating a topic when science can only deal with physical objects (like atoms)

We should debate religion. I mean, what could possibly go wrong? Its not like people would actually do things like fly planes into buildings or anything over it.
Oh, wait...

We should debate religion. I mean, what could possibly go wrong? Its not like people would actually do things like fly planes into buildings or anything over it.

Oh, wait...

Or y'know, the countless number of churches that do things to benefit society. 

But lets forget they exist. Am I right? 

Or y'know, the countless number of churches that do things to benefit society. 

But lets forget they exist. Am I right? 

You mean the cult that supresses women's rights and takes money to build even more expensive churches. I mean its not like there are other non-religious groups that do alot more to help society. And hey, lets just forget that its religion that breeds hatred between large groups of people and actually makes society totally ********ed up. Oh no, never happened.

You mean the cult that supresses women's rights and takes money to build even more expensive churches. I mean its not like there are other non-religious groups that do alot more to help society. And hey, lets just forget that its religion that breeds hatred between large groups of people and actually makes society totally ********ed up. Oh no, never happened.

How about taking a look into the Index of economic Freedom and the Freedom Indices (political rights, economic rights, and civil liberties). where if your a woman living in Norway, Iceland, Denmark  and even Israel you would have better civil liberties than if you where to life in the united states. By doing your research its governments that do more damage to political rights, economic rights, and civil liberties than religion does (this doesn't not include Islam).  

How about taking a look into the Index of economic Freedom and the Freedom Indices (political rights, economic rights, and civil liberties). where if your a woman living in Norway, Iceland, Denmark  and even Israel you would have better civil liberties than if you where to life in the united states. By doing your research its governments that do more damage to political rights, economic rights, and civil liberties than religion does (this doesn't not include Islam).  

I never said that they didnt. All im saying is that religion contributes its fair share to discrimination against women.

Also, please note that religion has ABSOLUTELY ********ING NOTHING to do with economics or civil rights.

not only that but your grammar sucks. Your clearly biased. You capitalized every country but the United States.

Also, if you did some ********ing research about the US, you would see that women now have the same rights as men.

Please think before you start saying stupid crap next time.

Why do you people always assume things   :|

And no really, why dont you start a thread on this so we can have a proper, intelligent, logic-filled and understanding internet fight.

"hey guys what do you want to debate about?"

"I don't like that let's talk about something I do like instead"

Religion is terrible, one of the greatest setbacks in the history of mankind.

Edited by Shellhound

not only that but your grammar sucks. Your clearly biased. You capitalized every country but the United States.

Edited by Shellhound

My favorite topic is generally religion though. Politics has gotten boring due to the election year and all the debates on TV as well as on forums/IRC and economics is always boring.

I love to debate AR15 vs AK47 (AR), .45 vs 9mm (45), beans in chili or not (no beans), gun control (Shall not be infringed), pit bull vs rottweiler (Rottie), charcoal vs propane (charcoal). My beliefs in parentheses.

I hate to debate anything on the internet and since I am right, there is no need. 8-)

My favorite topic is generally religion though. Politics has gotten boring due to the election year and all the debates on TV as well as on forums/IRC and economics is always boring.
Religion is a fun topic.

It is also a fun thing to study.

Favorite: Cultural anthropology 

Hated: Religion (if it's with family), meaningless life comparisons (it bores me very quickly) 

Indifferent: Domestic U.S. politics

first, prove religion exists

second, prove that a religious figure/religion didnt create science

neither is possible

also, I dont understand people saying religion is bad...

religion is a defining point of humanity - the majority of the world is classified as religious

and anyways, it's just a belief.. just like people who believe the united states have never lost a war, religion is just a belief. it really doesnt matter if it is right or wrong.

Examus, religion exists. I dont need to prove that because its common knowledge.

My religious figure is The Great Integrity or Tao. Its existence is undeniably proven by science.

Since Tao IS existence itself, it (us) created science.

Refer to 1 of 2 books: Tao Te Ching or Tao of Physics.

I rest my case.

Favorite: Feminism.

Because I always win (I'm against it), and then they cry afterwards because of the sad truth.

Hate: Religion.

Whenever I debate about religion (I'm an Agnostic-Atheist), it always just leads to "Well, do you have proof?", and then we both say it because neither one of us have any proof. No one wins/loses.

Favorite: religion (its fun, except when people pull the FAITH card),

atheism (humanism vs nihilism and stuff)

politics

secularism (a subject  no one even considers debatable, but I do)

Hate:

g-a-y rights (it gets censored) (not that they aren't important, but because people get surprisingly passionate and you always have that homophobe who doesn't want to admit from peer pressure, and no, that is not me)

economics (I refuse to address economics with anyone unless I and the other have degrees in it)

Complicated physics stuff (I refuse to address economics with anyone unless I and the other have degrees in it)

Abortion (personally, because hardly anyone ever changes their views on it, and everyone is usually passionate one way or the other, I'm pro choice so everyone has a choice :P)

Edited by The King

Which is better, football or American football. The answer is football. American football is just awful.

Favs: God. Christians are hilarious. Specifically Mormons. Law, sports. Soccer, rugby, and lacrosse specifically. Political issues like LGBT rights, abortion, etc. Great debate when everyone can keep a level head.

Least: Politics. I major in PS, most people are just too uninformed. I weep for them. Science. I fully believe science is important, I just know very little about it. End up looking like a fool whenever someone engages me in a discussion on chem, physics, biology, etc.

Favourite- Human prehistory,Ancient aliens

Hated- Maybe not hated but ummm,disgustingly endlesssssss-Universe ,Universe before big bang,Universe outside the universe,uhh you  got the point

Favourite- Human prehistory,Ancient aliens

Hated- Maybe not hated but ummm,disgustingly endlesssssss-Universe ,Universe before big bang,Universe outside the universe,uhh you  got the point

LOVE debating about the Ancient aliens theory 

Favs: Economics, Grand Strategy

Hated:

-Usually religion (full disclosure: I'm a Christian, but it's so very rare to find a civil discussion about it on the internet, so I don't usually get into it)

-All religion-related social issues (I'm far to the left of what most people expect of a Christian, so Christians would argue with me for being liberal and liberals would argue with me for being Christian)

Favorite: Feminism.

Because I always win (I'm against it), and then they cry afterwards because of the sad truth.

Lol.

I support this statement.