Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fox Fire

DENIED: Forum warn appeal.

2 posts in this topic

Date of warning being appealed: Today, 02:09 PM

Warning Reason(s): Other

Reason for Appeal: The rules clearly state:

8) No uniquely identifying personal information (e.g. Names, SSN's, links to outside profiles) whether of yourself, or of any other player may be posted anywhere on the PT forums. Non-uniquely identifying information (e.g. location, job, education) about yourself may be posted in Planet Chris insofar as it pertains to or informs the discussion. Such information about other players may only be posted with their consent. Any such non-uniquely identifying information you post is fair game for discussion by other members. No OOG information, personal or otherwise, may be posted in the IG sections of the forums.

I never posted any personal information, threaten to do so, nor was it ever my intent to do so. I feel this is obvious because despite the knowledge I have on Longbowe, I didnt post it. I specifically chose not to, despite the fact that I could have.

I posted no identifiable info nor did I

threaten to. I was simply making it clear that I can do the same thing they continue to do to me. Not a threat. A statement. I never offered to use anything against anyone.

I admit, however, it was inapropriate, however, within the rules of PT forum use. 

You made a thread specifically devoted to what you termed as (paraphrased) the people stalking you and attempting to reveal your identity on these boards. A moderator locked that thread and reminded everyone that discussion of real life identities and personal information is not permitted. 

You then made a post calling another member a stalking creep, and telling him that if he didn't do as said, you would "retaliate in the same fashion." Given your accusation of stalking, and the previous thread you had made, the clear implication is that you would retaliate by publishing prohibited material, i.e. his identity. In other words you made a threatened a member with publication of his personal information.

In the next post, you reinforced your threat by claiming to have found his identity, and implying that if he didn't "drop it" it would be released. 

It's absolutely not alright to harass and threaten other members, especially when the threat is that you will break forum rules and release proscribed information as an attack on them.

This appeal has been denied. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you may PM an administrator.