Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kadin

DENIED: Forum Ban Appeal

2 posts in this topic

Ban Reason(s):

The Full Text of my ban message:

Kadin,

You've received this formal warning for this post http://forum.project..._200#entry98423 in the Beta And Alpha Info thread. Not only do the Forum Rules state that complaints and issues with Moderation are to be confined to PM and the Moderation forum, but you personally have been made aware of this several times. Your continued insertion of your anti-staff crusade into unrelated threads throughout the forums will no longer be tolerated.

In addition to the formal warning, you been given a temporary ban, which will be lifted 1 day after Beta is launched to the general public. Further offenses of this variety will result in more severe punishments.

Hannibal,
Forum & Game Administrator

Reason for Appeal:

Because banning me was done in direct defiance of your own stated forum warning/ban procedure.

I present to you as evidence, the official Warnings procedure listed in the Project Terra Rules And Regulations. (Emphasis mine)

Warnings
Each member of the Project Terra community is afforded the following in warning and banning standards: 1st verbal warning, 2nd verbal warning, 3rd verbal warning, 1st warning, 2nd warning, 3rd warning with 24-hour forum posting suspension, 4th warning with 48-hour forum posting suspension, 5th warning with banning. Banning's are not permanent unless egregious violations of the Terms of Service occur or at the discretion of the game administrator. Violations of forum rules that surpass the set-up of the step system (e.g., consistent violations within a short span of time) will be dealt with by temporary posting suspensions.

All Verbal warnings cannot be appealed.

i) Verbal
ii) Verbal
iii) Verbal
i) Warning
ii) Warning
iii) Warning - 24-hour posting suspension
iv) Warning - 48-hour posting suspension
v) Warning - Banned

I had only one warning point prior to my warning. For argument's sake, tack on a second warning point. I had two warnings. This means that both the 24-hour posting suspension (3 warnings and the 48-hour posting suspension (4 warnings) were skipped entirely, not to mention the final Banned (5 warnings.)

Warnings Received Prior:

I had 1 warning point prior to receiving my ban.

I believe that my argument speaks for itself. Evidence of an improper ban does not come ANY more straight forward than this. Your moderation staff has chosen to ignore their own Forum warning/ban procedure and place an illegal ban upon my account. I ask that the administration of these forums make this right by removing my ban.

Thanks.

Your temporary posting suspension, in this case implemented as a temporary forum ban, is proper and justified as per the following clause: "Violations of forum rules that surpass the set-up of the step system (e.g., consistent violations within a short span of time) will be dealt with by temporary posting suspensions."

Denied.