Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fox Fire

Ancient Stones

27 posts in this topic

So I know this is the "current events" section but IDK where else this belongs... So its being posted here.

Anyway, recently I've been interested in ancient stone structures. Things like the Sphinx, Stonehenge, obelisks, etc. What interests me most about these is not how they were built, but why. As we look back into ancient times, we see a rather unreal ammount of ancient stone structures built to an unreal extent.

IE: Stonehenge construction being started aprox 2700 BC, Sphinx aprox 2550 BC, Great Pyrimid around the same time. Not to mention the obelisk structures and the discovery of scarily simmilar structures found in places like Scottland. Perfectly balenced stones of rediculous size, etc. The list goes on.

From a logical standpoint, I feel these structures were built for something bigger than we assume.

Sure, religion can and has driven people to do simply crazy things... But Stonehenge for example is a collection of 50 plus ton stones arranged in ways that are seemingly impossible. Even with a full force of slaves, this is virtually impossible to accomplish with such limited technology.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not going as far as the History channel, blaming it on Nazi Aliens. I firmly believe these things are man made. However, I don't think belief in a deity is enough to drive this. Mostly because these structures are not located in a singular area. Rather, all over the globe. There are even structures out there we will never know of because they are now gone.

This like the henge were built by ancient ancients. People that even the ancients considered ancient. According to science as we know it, these people should have been extremely limited in their knowledge of nearly anything. But their feats remain, 3000 years later, unmatched... Remind you, this is litterally the begining of human civilization. We would be litterally retarded compared to todays standards. Yet we remain in awe of these structures.

Logically, I can't simply assume these things were built for the reasons most people think they were. Its too simple. One day we are living in caves, the next, we are not only building houses, but we are building Stonehenge.

A friend of mine theorizes that these structures could simply be ancient technology (Like tech as we think of it now. Electricity, computers, etc) only formulated and originated in a fasion we simply don't understand. The similarities between structures in Egypt and those found all over the world are eerily close.

Now I'm not sure if I can believe that idea or not. I've just recently started putting serious and honest thought into this. Whatever the case, its another subject that I find deeply interesting and can't conclude on...

What are your thoughts on this?

(I know you want to troll/flame this, but for the people interested, here you are)

Fact of the matter is there's a lot of crap we just don't understand that we find impossible now, I've actually been interested in stuff like this since I was a kid; what's always confused me is how things like this spread around the globe. There's obvious reasons like cultures picking up stuff from other cultures but what about cultures who aren't near any other civilizations, like the Mayans (or was it the Incas?) who built pyramids similar to the Egyptians despite never making contact with them; pretty interesting stuff imo.

Fact of the matter is there's a lot of crap we just don't understand that we find impossible now, I've actually been interested in stuff like this since I was a kid; what's always confused me is how things like this spread around the globe. There's obvious reasons like cultures picking up stuff from other cultures but what about cultures who aren't near any other civilizations, like the Mayans (or was it the Incas?) who built pyramids similar to the Egyptians despite never making contact with them; pretty interesting stuff imo.

I think it's just a matter of humans thinking alike. In our pursuits it isn't shocking to believe that two seperate cultures might come to the same conclusions on some things. The concept behind a Pyramid is quite simple it doesn't shock me Pyramid structures are around the world. The Mayan Pyramids are not the same as the Eyptian Pyramids. Were now discovering many scientific and technological advancements invented in the last two hundred years were once idea's of ancient civilizations like Rome and have simply been reinvented. We alslo have to consider that socities were more connected than we may believe. A whole host of Civilization's are believed to have traveled to the America's. The Viking's, the Chinese, the Phoenicians(who had considerable contact with Ancient Egypt) and many more all may have traveled to the America's.

Vikings were in America, and a British guy in the 1300s died in new Mexico. They've also found a 'German' crossbow from the 1400s buried in the US. Can't remember where. Look at all the stupid stuff humans do just for the fun of it. It's hard to not believe some ancient people decided to hop in their boat and jaunt all over.

Or aliens.

Aliens.

Definitely aliens.

Or aliens.

I think the general consensus here is aliens.

Aliens.

>Definitely aliens.

Or aliens.

I think the general consensus here is aliens.

Im in favor of aliens.

I live very near one, in a really ancient place of settlement. They are just a ring of stones, nothing more.

Understandable, but why were these structures built so long ago and then one day just stopped. Theres not very many modern structures built like these. Maybe some impressive architecture but its all much easier to build these days. 

Stonehenge is one that really mind ********s me. Its virtually impossible to build that structure. Yet its purpose is unknown and speculated all the time.
Maybe it was a landing pad for aliens... :P

Italia, wheres that? Are they obelisk type stones?

Understandable, but why were these structures built so long ago and then one day just stopped. Theres not very many modern structures built like these. Maybe some impressive architecture but its all much easier to build these days. 

Stonehenge is one that really mind gently caresss me. Its virtually impossible to build that structure. Yet its purpose is unknown and speculated all the time.

One closest to me isn't. One a few miles further is.

Stonehenge is one that really mind gently caresss me. Its virtually impossible to build that structure. Yet its purpose is unknown and speculated all the time.

It's actual purpose might not be so mysterious, I remember hearing a long time ago about how it might have been used as a seasonal calendar type thing, there was more too it then that but it's been about 5 years since I watched the show on it.

As for the German crossbow and a british man dying in Mexico during the 1300's, I'd love to see some sources.

I've heard some rumors of Egyptian artifacts found somewhere in caves in a canyon in Arizona. No one really knows how they got there, and I believe some country-wide known (I forget which one) museum was so baffled by it, they just filled in the caves so no one could find the stuff.

Shell, yeah I've heard that one. Another is that it was a ritual area built to cause trances during ritual music, blah blah blah. Then there's the idea it and a simmilar area known as woodhenge are gateways. Then there's the idea it was used for early astronomy.

Lots of speculation about it.

In the end, we know pretty much nothing about it, or the people that built it, thanks to Rome and the people they slaughtered wrote nothing down apperently.

As for the German crossbow and a british man dying in Mexico during the 1300's, I'd love to see some sources.

Also, this^

Saw it on America Unearthed on H2.

Aliens.

Definitely aliens.

Or aliens.

Im in favor of aliens.

I think this matter has been settled.

Edited by chrisford

It's actual purpose might not be so mysterious, I remember hearing a long time ago about how it might have been used as a seasonal calendar type thing, there was more too it then that but it's been about 5 years since I watched the show on it.

Actually another group theorized to have made a trip to the America's are the Templars who had branches all over Europe. For instance a flag for a Native American tribe in Canada has an uncanny similarity to the Templar flag. If the Polynesian's could cross the Pacific in nothing, but Canoe's why can't Europeans cross the Atlantic?

As to Stonehenge it's largely believed that Stonehenge was built over centuries and was a constant work in progress and if you can get(force) enough people to work on it I think it's possible build. They've also found evidence of a Wood Henge. Basically a wood pillar version of Stonehenge which for obvious reasons hasn't survived.

I believe the reason for these are lost ancient technologies . Like  air-planes  and space flight etc.

Which can be found in ancient legends, writings , sculptures and paintings etc..

I believe the reason for these are lost ancient technologies . Like  air-planes  and space flight etc.

Which can be found in ancient legends, writings , sculptures and paintings etc..

Someones been playing Halo 4.

That's actually similar to what I've been thinking. (As somebody who doesn't play Halo)

IDK about space flight, but technology yes. Seems like a legit idea. Technology being produced in ways we are unfamiliar with....

Someones been playing Halo 4.

I didn't play Halo 4!(I only had the first one)

That's actually similar to what I've been thinking. (As somebody who doesn't play Halo)

IDK about space flight, but technology yes. Seems like a legit idea. Technology being produced in ways we are unfamiliar with....

Yup there are clues in many ancient ruins in the planet.

Like paintings of air-planes, astronomers , solar system etc...

And there were some books about flight mechanisms in India I think.

Yup there are clues in many ancient ruins in the planet.

Like paintings of air-planes, astronomers , solar system etc...

And there were some books about flight mechanisms in India I think.

Aliens.

The scariest in my opinion was how the aztecs anticipated for centuries of a serpent god with a white face arriving the same year Cortez came.  True story.

King, I heard a theory that vikings traveled to centeral America once. The theory went on to say that one viking in particular was the inspiration for this pale serpant. Apperently (not sure how legit this is) the serpant god came from the sea and then later departed back to the sea, but promised to return in the future (thus Cortez).

Its believed these vikings never made it back home. But a pale serpant is a strange idea. Vikings were white people obviously, and did put little dragon looking serpant heads on the bows of their boats...