Fox Fire

Kim Jong Un and stuff

106 posts in this topic

So anyone who's seen the news lately knows that there's been a lot of blabber mouthing and touch talk regaurding Un and his strange mystery of a nation.

Anyone who knows about NK knows its pretty much an isolationist nation that's super secretive.

That being said, Kim Jong Un seems to be not much different than his father. Maybe less experienced, but the same fat little dictator we all know and love. Another thing that seperates him from his father seems to be his aggression towards the US and SK. He seems to be even more aggressive.... Or is he?

From what the media reports, it would seem that Un is making petty threats and trying to scare SK and the US, unprovoked.

But is that the case?

I think its no secret that our military has its secrets. I mean, there are many things they do that we will never hear of. Further more, there are many things that NK may want to make public, but most people will never hear about. Simply because if our government wants to hide something bad enough, they often can. Regaurdless of the idea floating around that Washington can't keep a secret, they can, they have, and they do.

North Korea is a secretive nation, the most secretive on earth, probably. I imagine their reasons for this is simply a matter domestic control. From what we do know, NK isn't the greatest place to live. Their people are fed propaganda daily.

But even with all this taken into account, I find it quite hard to believe that any nation would make such threats over something like a military training excercise (which is certainly nothing new. Not at all) or a few boats floating around that come and go quite often.

To add to that, even with this nation being self isolated, I find it hard to believe that this population would support these kind of threats over the course of decades when anyone capable of self thought, would assume "nothing happened last time. Nothing will happen this time."

But regaurdless of what the news tries to portray, I'm guessing most NKs support their government some legitimate reason. But what reason is that? Do we not know? Or is it being kept from us by one of the two governments?

The threats coming from Kim Jong Un seem to be more direct and bold than what we are used to hearing from his father.

Is this simply a matter of a new leader in the north?

Or is there something our government isn't telling us?

I think its no secret that our military has its secrets. I mean, there are many things they do that we will never hear of. Further more, there are many things that NK may want to make public, but most people will never hear about. Simply because if our government wants to hide something bad enough, they often can. Regaurdless of the idea floating around that Washington can't keep a secret, they can, they have, and they do.

As far as im aware the US has no secrets weapon when it comes to dealing with N.Korea, apart from passing the respectability to china (in which china respond "The N.Korea wants to talk to you not us" and it goes in circles) and the the THADD missile. Also if the North Korea says something CNN, Skynews, Fox news etc often has it live so the united states government cant hide it.

And also the N. Korea's like to post what their great leader had said on countless number of sites, trust me when the north Speaks the world hears. In fact if you have a radio you can hear north Korea announcement or watch it live on the internet. 

North Korea is a secretive nation, the most secretive on earth,

N.Korea and iran are about tied for the worlds [/size]most secretive nations.

Is this simply a matter of a new leader in the north?

Or is there something our government isn't telling us?

Kim Jong Un is acting in ways more extreme than his father, who was colder and more calculating. At the same time Kim Jong Un being young and education abroad he is willing to talk to the west however he wanted to speak to Obama himself to work out a deal but the white house denied that request and then he started with the rhetoric. the list goes on, we know Kim Jong Un is much different man than his father. 

We also know that his probably being used as puppet although still paying in control it is believe that his grandmother is the one in power and is pushing her grandson Kim Jong Un with the rhetoric, in which Kim Jong Un is more than happy to follow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305339/North-Korea-Kim-Jong-uns-AUNT-Kim-Kyong-hui-driving-force-rise-leader.html

1. I haven't seen anything "live" from the media about NK. And IDK what kind of radio your speaking of, but where I'm from, I know of no such thing.

Almost anything, unless directly given to or discovered by the media themselves is filtered by our government...

2. IDK. Id say Iran is a bit more open in terms of foreign relations.

3. Actually, as I remeber, his father was more willing to speak with the west than he. Yeah, a famous athlete from the US visits NK and is the only American to meet Un. But let's remeber that for one, we have no real idea why this man would agree to meet Un in the first place (my guess is a publicity stunt.)

For second, the man comes back speaking like he has some great respect for Kim Jong Un and claiming that he wants "Obama to give him a call." How do we know that's really the case? I'm pretty sure that if Un wanted to speak to Obama, he'd make that gesture his damn self. If I was the leader of an entire nation, I certainly wouldn't rely on some random civilian to act as a political diplomat. If Kim ever had an intention of speaking with Obama, we would hear it from his own mouth.

As for whether or not he's a puppet, let's remember 2 things before making that conclusion:

1. In reality, we probably know more about earths oceans (An extremely myserious place) than we do about NK. I'm willing to bet we don't even have CIA in there in modern days out of fear of being caught. Of course our government would like to assure our people that it might know all about NK, but we really don't. Some sat images and accounts from people who have fled NK aren't nearly enough to actually know anything significant.

2. Kim Jong Un may be young and influencial but he IS the dictator. Not his grandmother. He has the power to do anything there, including kill that women if he chose to. That's like saying just because Obama has advisors, they're pulling his strings. I'm sure Kim himself has advisors which I imagine have more pull than his grandmother....

As for the article, I find many things in it that seem to be nothing but speculation at its very best with no facts to back up these claims.

1. I haven't seen anything "live" from the media about NK. And IDK what kind of radio your speaking of, but where I'm from, I know of no such thing.

Almost anything, unless directly given to or discovered by the media themselves is filtered by our government...

2. IDK. Id say Iran is a bit more open in terms of foreign relations.

3. Actually, as I remeber, his father was more willing to speak with the west than he. Yeah, a famous athlete from the US visits NK and is the only American to meet Un. But let's remeber that for one, we have no real idea why this man would agree to meet Un in the first place (my guess is a publicity stunt.)

For second, the man comes back speaking like he has some great respect for Kim Jong Un and claiming that he wants "Obama to give him a call." How do we know that's really the case? I'm pretty sure that if Un wanted to speak to Obama, he'd make that gesture his damn self. If I was the leader of an entire nation, I certainly wouldn't rely on some random civilian to act as a political diplomat. If Kim ever had an intention of speaking with Obama, we would hear it from his own mouth.

As for whether or not he's a puppet, let's remember 2 things before making that conclusion:

1. In reality, we probably know more about earths oceans (An extremely myserious place) than we do about NK. I'm willing to bet we don't even have CIA in there in modern days out of fear of being caught. Of course our government would like to assure our people that it might know all about NK, but we really don't. Some sat images and accounts from people who have fled NK aren't nearly enough to actually know anything significant.

2. Kim Jong Un may be young and influencial but he IS the dictator. Not his grandmother. He has the power to do anything there, including kill that women if he chose to. That's like saying just because Obama has advisors, they're pulling his strings. I'm sure Kim himself has advisors which I imagine have more pull than his grandmother....

As for the article, I find many things in it that seem to be nothing but speculation at its very best with no facts to back up these claims.

1. Im shocked, its on Fox news, CNN, Skynews etc. almost all the time and often are live at soul. Im saying that you can hear N.Korea live though both TV (independent from America, so america cant hind what the North is saying) and radio. 

2. In terms of foreign relations they are being treated better then the West is treating N.Korea (Because of good reason). in the N.Korea you got internet, cell phones similar to Iran in terms of social are about the same. 

3.And that's common mistake. His son is more open to talk he even side he was open to the idea of opening up the borders between the north and the south. The only problem is he wanted direct talks with Obama, statesman to statesman but United States Policy statue that the president can not personnel negotiate with a "terrorist state". Kim Jong Un Still says this crisis can be avoided if only Obama and him could talk even just over the phone. (btw Kim Jong Un has tried to call obama and they just denied his call.) 

4. I'm amazed of your lack of knowledge, its common Knowledge aunt and uncle are at head of Kim dynasty.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/powerful-aunt-and-uncle-at-head-of-kim-dynasty-20130407-2heqs.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305339/North-Korea-Kim-Jong-uns-AUNT-Kim-Kyong-hui-driving-force-rise-leader.html

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/05/is-kim-jong-un-in-control/ (CNN)

​Just do a Google search its all over the internet.

You Americas have access to the internet dont you? CNN, SkyNews they even have people IN North Korea, i would of though you would of been knowledgeable of the subject, i check in CNN, SkyNews and (my favorite because its ran by former and current military and political advisers) foreign policy daily. 

Here are some updates:

North Korea is getting ready for another Nulcear test and another missile launch. - 4 days ago

Americans vacation in North Korea - 2 days ago 

North Korea to pull workers from key joint industrial zone - 1 day ago

North Korea tells foreigners in South to leave or take safety measures - 3 hour ago breaking news by CNN

Edited by Ahovking

1. Not sure where you're going with that....

2. I meant I think Iran is less of an isolationist state than NK.

3. Yeah I keep hearing that all over CNN and that's completely retarded. I'm not sure if I really buy it. I wasn't aware the US considers Kim to be a terrorist. That's even dumber. You can't call an entire nation terrorists and refuse to negotiate. I know about that policy but to apply it to NK is absolute stupidity. Its an entire nation, not some radical group.

4. Yes yes, I've heard all about his aunt and uncle from CNN.... From CNN.... CNN.... My question is, how do they know all that? Something they neglect to mention. They do however go as far as saying they assume several things.

His aunt and uncle may be head of the dynasty but I don't see how that means they have any control over Un. Maybe influence, but everything I see from NK itself never mentions those two or how they head the dynasty either.

I don't believe this has much if anything to do with his relatives. I don't see why they would want to do this. I can see however, how military generals or Un himself might. Both of which may have something to prove. I can't see why those two would be interested in starting a conflict. Un on the other hand is young, trying to fill his fathers shoes and I bet the NKs themselves think of him as less than his father.

Then there's the possibility that somewhere along these lines, the true cause of this is being purposely hidden by one side or the other.

1.I mean Fox news, Skynews, abc news all have live updates, america cant hide something a nation says. its more lucky your not keeping up to day and don't doing your research. 

2. If its such a isolationist state i wouldn't expect Americas and south Korea to be having holidays in the north. Like Iran you can watch N.Korea on T.v and even talk to N.Koreans on the web, and if you dont want to take to a N.Korean Robot you can take to one freely though the Deep Web. they aren't so isolate as you think. But are they more brain wash, yes they are the worlds most brain wash people in the world. 

4. Not just from CNN i gave you multiple links and then i told you to Google it and do your research. 

First thing, Kim's has a small inner circle which has the most influential people in N.Korea, and in the inner circle which is called "the First Family" the Kim Jong-un's aunt Kim Kyong-Hui and uncle Jang Sung-Taek are believed by the way they are treated and seated when compared to other members to hold the power in the  "the First Family". When he came to power, Kim, dubbed the Supreme Leader, was reported as having a power battle with his aunt and uncle. And no surprise unlike the son who wasn't establish the aunt and the uncle were more then well establish. 

Like it or not im Jong-un's aunt Kim Kyong-Hui and uncle Jang Sung-Taek are in power Both China, South Korea and america have already confirmed it. 

But according to Jeung Young Tai from Korea's Institute for National Unification, it's clear who's really calling the shots.

"They are in a hurry to establish Kim's image as a powerful military leader to gain respect and control," he said.

"And the ones doing that are Kim Kyong Hui and her husband Jang."

described as the "Lady Macbeth of Korea" and the most powerful woman in Asia, Kim Kyong-Hui is the late Kim Jong-il's younger sister, a key figure inside the Workers Party and a four-star general.

1. If that were true, people would be more educated about the good aspects of Hitlers regime. Unfortunately, all anyone is told is the halocaust and violence. TIME Magazine actually named Hitler man of the year at one point.

2. Same with Iran. Before this nuclear thing Iran had (and still does) many connections with many european and even American businesses, corporations and banks.

4. The only things I believe about what North Korea says, are things coming directly from NK. Its like that stupid game we used to play in grade school where you whisper something in somebodies ear and continue the same word throughout the classroom. Once it gets to the end, its never the same.

Basically, from what you've said, I'm assuming you're under the impression that all this tough talk is simply Un trying to establish his dominance as a strong leader.

Which I wouldn't doubt.

What I do doubt is that this tough talk is coming from his aunt. I see no reason why she would be doing that.

Oh wait.... I can explain why Kim Jong Un is so angery....

http://www.kulfoto.com/funny-pictures/41176/what-do-you-mean-that-wasnt-president-obama

1. If that were true, people would be more educated about the good aspects of Hitlers regime. Unfortunately, all anyone is told is the halocaust and violence. TIME Magazine actually named Hitler man of the year at one point.

Going out on a limb here and guessing that was before news of the Holocaust broke out. It didn't even really come to light until the dying days of the war as the camps were being discovered by allied troops.

Edited by Beauregard

Going out on a limb here and guessing that was before news of the Holocaust broke out. It didn't even really come to light until the dying days of the war as the camps were being discovered by allied troops.

Yes. And ever since then, the good that the Nazis did is purposely hidden away and replaced with stories of murder and death.

Not that I agree with murdering 6 million innocent people, but the Nazis did do many great things for the world. And although it may sound gross, and hard to accept, WWII was essentially "Global Civil War I." It was all about civil rights in every aspect. And if Hitler didn't do the horrible things he did, shedding light on the worlds most severe problems, the world would be a much different place. A much worse place.

It may sound ********ed up, but I guess it just took a holocaust, a world war, and a rediculous political idea to enlighten the world.

Anyway, this isn't about WWII....

2. Same with Iran. Before this nuclear thing Iran had (and still does) many connections with many european and even American businesses, corporations and banks.

4. The only things I believe about what North Korea says, are things coming directly from NK. Its like that stupid game we used to play in grade school where you whisper something in somebodies ear and continue the same word throughout the classroom. Once it gets to the end, its never the same.

Basically, from what you've said, I'm assuming you're under the impression that all this tough talk is simply Un trying to establish his dominance as a strong leader.

Which I wouldn't doubt.

What I do doubt is that this tough talk is coming from his aunt. I see no reason why she would be doing that.

Oh wait.... I can explain why Kim Jong Un is so angery....

http://www.kulfoto.com/funny-pictures/41176/what-do-you-mean-that-wasnt-president-obama

1.Fox news, Skynews, CNN, the internet and social media didn't exist in 1940, it was easier to hide their secrets back then. Today you have north Korea twittering their announcements and tourist walking around in N. Korea, Nations cant hide their secrets anymore (And even if they can it cost them a lot to keep people and project etc. down.) Thanks to the internet, social media wikileaks and the deep web etc. The problem is people doing their research and to knowing where to look. This Korean crisis has been going on for 2 weeks and i and my family have been following step by step. 

2.Lets just agree they are both shet

4. All the News that come out of Skynews, CNN are either political and military expert analyzing that the N. Korea is saying or had done. the news of the aunt came from N. Korea. 

The aunt is a drunk and bad drunk....and i main a really bad drunk and she has  publicly told Kim Jong il he must be tougher and risk war to get what they need. The fact that when he died and Kim Jong Un entered power a power struggle followed in which he won. But it was his aunt who really Won. She Removed everyone who went against Kim Jong Un (in relaity it was everyone who didnt like her) and replaced them with close family members. The result now they have an army lead by a man with no military experience. during those events which was public, Kim Jong Un made good reforms like allowing cell phones for its people and soften rules for farmers but then once it all settle down, Kim Jong Un when from a reformer to a warrior. and now is believed because she had won this inner war and not Kim Jong Un the aunt now has the power and not Kim Jong Un who till only 2 years ago was a nobody and has no connections nor no allys when he was appointed Great Leader she now has the power and using Kim Jong Un as a puppet. 

Yes. And ever since then, the good that the Nazis did is purposely hidden away and replaced with stories of murder and death.

Not that I agree with murdering 6 million innocent people, but the Nazis did do many great things for the world. And although it may sound gross, and hard to accept, WWII was essentially "Global Civil War I." It was all about civil rights in every aspect. And if Hitler didn't do the horrible things he did, shedding light on the worlds most severe problems, the world would be a much different place. A much worse place.

It may sound gently caressed up, but I guess it just took a holocaust, a world war, and a rediculous political idea to enlighten the world.

Anyway, this isn't about WWII....

Let me guess, the Nazis cured AIDS, Cancer and world hunger but the greedy Allies hid these wonderful achievements from the world? :huh:

1. OK. You have a point there. On the point of tourism however, I find it hard to believe Americans are even legally allowed to visit NK. Do you have proof of that?

4. I can believe that if you can provide evidence directly from NK itself. I have a very serious problem trusting western media or andy media ever since the 2008 Ossetia war. What they reported then was an absolute lie.

Let me guess, the Nazis cured AIDS, Cancer and world hunger but the greedy Allies hid these wonderful achievements from the world? :huh:

Serious? Do you not know of any acheivments made by Nazi Germany? I'm not surprised.... A few things to start:

Medicine (no, not cancer and AIDS), NASA, Peak Oil, World genetics research, Eugenics (not what they did, but the idea in general. A lot of it may sound sick. But here's a fact: Humane doesn't = truth).

On the subject of Eugenics, I certainly can't advocate the majority of eugenics practiced by the Nazis. But even though its a hard pill to swallow, much of their ideas in this field (not all) were right.

Don't assume I'm trying to stick up for them. As a socialist, Nazism is the exact opposite of my RL ideas. But I credit them with being right about several things.

But again, this isn't about the Nazis...

1. OK. You have a point there. On the point of tourism however, I find it hard to believe Americans are even legally allowed to visit NK. Do you have proof of that?

4. I can believe that if you can provide evidence directly from NK itself. I have a very serious problem trusting western media or andy media ever since the 2008 Ossetia war. What they reported then was an absolute lie.

Serious? Do you not know of any acheivments made by Nazi Germany? I'm not surprised.... A few things to start:

Medicine (no, not cancer and AIDS), NASA, Peak Oil, World genetics research, Eugenics (not what they did, but the idea in general. A lot of it may sound sick. But here's a fact: Humane doesn't = truth).

On the subject of Eugenics, I certainly can't advocate the majority of eugenics practiced by the Nazis. But even though its a hard pill to swallow, much of their ideas in this field (not all) were right.

Don't assume I'm trying to stick up for them. As a socialist, Nazism is the exact opposite of my RL ideas. But I credit them with being right about several things.

But again, this isn't about the Nazis...

1. Proof? 

Despite tense relations between the United States and North Korea, and increased rheotric from Pyongyang, the isolated state remains open to U.S. citizens, among other travelers.

http://travel.cnn.com/how-travel-north-korea-042681

Americans take North Korean vacation

CNN's David McKenzie speaks exclusively to a group of American tourists who arrived from North Korea

http://www.ksbw.com/news/Americans-take-North-Korean-vacation/-/1852/19661000/-/7np5lmz/-/index.html

4. Go to CNN, Sky new and twitter, im not going to do all your work for you ;)

1. *facepalm* Americans are legally allowed to travel to NK but not Cuba? Rediculous.... At least I learned something...

4. Again, I won't trust CNN or Skynews. Nor Fox, NBC, etc. But Ill look into it.

Kim is just making a legacy for himself, stretching his muscle, and probably trying to get another money package for the US or something. No worries, it's only North Korea.

And you can go to Cuba. Cuban goverment only allows Cubans from the US to go, and the US requires you to get specific approval from them as well.

Kim is just making a legacy for himself, stretching his muscle, and probably trying to get another money package for the US or something. No worries, it's only North Korea.

And you can go to Cuba. Cuban goverment only allows Cubans from the US to go, and the US requires you to get specific approval from them as well.

I wouldn't underestimate NK. Their military may be outdated, but its quite large. Sheer numbers seems to be the typical war strategy, and it ussually works.

As for Cuba, I know that and its stupid. If NK is considered a terrorist state, IDK why our government would have no problem allowing people to tour there.... Course, our governments foreign policies and agreements are ussually quite retarded anyway...

Tl;dr.

All I must say is this:

1.) Even on a good day, a NK missile would just barely reach Hawaii.

2.) War with the US would be a suicide mission. The US has a huge military alliance (NATO) composed of some of the strongest militaries in the world - North Korea has no military alliance. North Korea has a treaty with the PRC that includes something about the PRC using all means to disrupt aid to the opposing nation in a war - including economic aid. The treaty would basically make China sanction the US - which would be economic suicide. China would not engage in conflicts with the US because of that very reason. China would either have to literally destroy their economy, or not follow through with the treaty, hurting Sino-North Korean relations. Now, what about Russia? Russia and North Korea do not have any military treaties to my knowledge -- even if Russia did aid NK militarily, this would just start another proxy war, this time, being less significant than the original Korean War. Russia's military isn't what it used to be since the collapse of the CCCP...though there are efforts to modernize it.

As far as im aware the US has no secrets weapon 

Of course you wouldn't know, there's a reason they're called secrets. It's OPSEC stuff, and they know how to handle it. The US has a war plan against almost every nation -- there are people paid at the Pentagon to literally sit down and ask themselves: "How should we attack North Korea if they start sh*t tomorrow?" and they consider everything, including military alliances. The US knows how to handle a nuclear threat: they've done it before, on an incredibly enlarged scale. This stuff isn't new to them.

North Korea declaring war would indeed be a suicide mission. However, Their military is powerful enough to some serious killing. A war with them certainly wouldn't be like anything we've been in since Vietnam. It would be a real test of our military power.

As for China, a sanction on the US would seriously harm both our economies.

As for Russia, as far as I know, they hate North Korea and would back us in a military conflict against them.

As for our allies, they are almost all bankrupt and spent from this rediculous war on terror and the corrupt capitalism we breed. Our enemies, including North Korea know that.

We certainly couldn't afford a war with them. But we do have 10x their firepower on hand.

North Korea declaring war would indeed be a suicide mission. However, Their military is powerful enough to some serious killing. A war with them certainly wouldn't be like anything we've been in since Vietnam. It would be a real test of our military power.

As for China, a sanction on the US would seriously harm both our economies.

As for Russia, as far as I know, they hate North Korea and would back us in a military conflict against them.

As for our allies, they are almost all bankrupt and spent from this rediculous war on terror and the corrupt capitalism we breed. Our enemies, including North Korea know that.

We certainly couldn't afford a war with them. But we do have 10x their firepower on hand.

Their military may be big, but it isn't properly funded. Their economy is incredibly small and can barely afford their military now -- let alone in a state of war. Also, the North Korean military is incredibly outdated. North Korea is all alone on that peninsula...this isn't the Korean War all over again: they don't get help from a superpower this time. If the North Korean army can hold off the more powerful and much more experienced United States army, kudos to them. 

As for our allies, the fact that they aid us in these minor skirmishes prove that they are capable of fighting a war, regardless of the recession. While the US itself is in a recession, our military sure as hell isn't affected.

Edited by chrisford

Adding to that, if a war did indeed happen where would they get their supplies? Especially food? I doubt they have the stores to last a month in full wartime conditions, because by then ALL food aid would be cut off. Limited reserves of food, ammunition, fuel and spare parts. All of which will be cut off instantly. Only a few of the artillery and rocket pieces can actually reach Seoul, and that's really just in the outskirts, once those open up, they'll be silenced quickly by some very angry SK's. You'll see mass surrenders, esp. once word gets out SK and the West aren't as bad as Dear Leader has been telling them.

The entire war would last at absolute maximum a month and a half. And no China will not help NK.

I'm quite sure that if war broke out, NK would have the support of a super power.

Such a war would have to result in a unified Korea under one of the two regimes.

There is no way China would allow that unification to be Southern. Out of national security intrests China would support NK, also because they are bound by treaty to do so. China certainly doesn't want thousand of US troops on its border along with SK who is a considerable US allie.

To assume China wouldn't back NK is wrong IMO. I think they in fact would. Not militarilly but economically yes.

Also, I think I should add that as far as military personell goes, NK outnumbers ours by quite a bit. Its interesting to take the actuall stats and compare them side by side. I'm not saying NK would win such a war, but they would do much more damage than Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

http://globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp?form=form&country1=United-States-of-America&country2=North-Korea&Submit=Compare+Countries

Adding to that, if a war did indeed happen where would they get their supplies? Especially food? I doubt they have the stores to last a month in full wartime conditions, because by then ALL food aid would be cut off. Limited reserves of food, ammunition, fuel and spare parts. All of which will be cut off instantly. Only a few of the artillery and rocket pieces can actually reach Seoul, and that's really just in the outskirts, once those open up, they'll be silenced quickly by some very angry SK's. You'll see mass surrenders, esp. once word gets out SK and the West aren't as bad as Dear Leader has been telling them.

The entire war would last at absolute maximum a month and a half. And no China will not help NK.

Yes they will. They have every reason to. China would never let the south take the peninsula. That would be in conflict with their own treaty and their national security. They have no reason not to, and every reason to.

I'm quite sure that if war broke out, NK would have the support of a super power.

Such a war would have to result in a unified Korea under one of the two regimes.

There is no way China would allow that unification to be Southern. Out of national security intrests China would support NK, also because they are bound by treaty to do so. China certainly doesn't want thousand of US troops on its border along with SK who is a considerable US allie.

To assume China wouldn't back NK is wrong IMO. I think they in fact would. Not militarilly but economically yes.

Also, I think I should add that as far as military personell goes, NK outnumbers ours by quite a bit. Its interesting to take the actuall stats and compare them side by side. I'm not saying NK would win such a war, but they would do much more damage than Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

http://globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp?form=form&country1=United-States-of-America&country2=North-Korea&Submit=Compare+Countries

Yes they will. They have every reason to. China would never let the south take the peninsula. That would be in conflict with their own treaty and their national security. They have no reason not to, and every reason to.

Their treaty would require an embargo of the United States.

I think I should also add that China would have nevr signed that treaty if they didn't intend to back NK in that kind of situation. That's the exact reason the treaty was signed because that's the only real explination for said treaty. To assure that the south never takes the peninsula.

Their treaty would require an embargo of the United States.

And? It would harm us just as much as them.

They have no reason not to, and every reason to.

Economics is a wonderful counterexample to your accusations. A country's economy is everything -- it is the lifeline of a country, because without a strong economy, your military and politics would be nothing.

esp. once word gets out SK and the West aren't as bad as Dear Leader has been telling them.

I can't wait to see the North Koreans' reactions when soldiers come back from war to tell their families that this propaganda video is the worst lie in the history of propaganda.

Edited by chrisford

Economics is a wonderful counterexample to your accusations. A country's economy is everything -- it is the lifeline of a country, because without a strong economy, your military and politics would be nothing.

I can't wait to see the North Koreans' reactions when soldiers come back from war to tell their family that this propaganda video is the worst lie in the history of propaganda.

Exactly, and considering China isn't bankrupt like we are, they have less, economically, to fear.

Both the US and China are economically dependant on eachother.

The treaty between NK and China would have never been signed unless China intended to support NK in this exact situation. That was the entire purpose of the treaty. As of current, China has nothing to gain from NK except for it being their personal meat sheild against US allies.