ShamanMcLamie

Boston Bombing

54 posts in this topic

Just a few hours ago two explosions went off near a Boston Marathon two reported dead and roughly two dozen injured, and ten amputees and lost limbs reported among the injured.

Two unexploded devices have been found and authorities are looking for more still.

Edited by ShamanMcLamie

Some pictures of the bombing for those interested:

::Links removed::

Click them at your own risk. These are relatively tame compared to a few I've seen.

Edited by IRIS

Gandalf I have the whole picture of that last one. Buzzfeed has a lot of good pics.

::Link Removed::

The incidents at the marathon are being considered officially bombings. They're still not sure of the JFK Library explosion is related to the other two bombings and other devices, apparently it was caused by a fire in a mechanical room. From what I've heard no one was injured there. 100+ injuries and two deaths reported. There is one person of interest in the hospital.

Edited by IRIS

Bigfoot strikes again.

Gandalf I have the whole picture of that last one. Buzzfeed has a lot of good pics.

::Link removed::

The incidents at the marathon are being considered officially bombings. They're still not sure of the JFK Library explosion is related to the other two bombings and other devices, apparently it was caused by a fire in a mechanical room. From what I've heard no one was injured there. 100+ injuries and two deaths reported. There is one person of interest in the hospital.

I didn't post that one because I thought it was a bit much. You might want to mark it NSFW/NSFL.

Edited by IRIS

There was a third explosion in the area, but that one was made by authorities on purpose.

There was also a bombing at the JFK Library.

This is pretty ********ed up...

So far two confirmed dead with 20 or so in serious condition, 7 in surgery.

I edited that post now Gandalf now that I'm at home at my computer instead of using my phone.

Strigon the JFK Library is looking more like an isolated ACCIDENT. Nothing official though. From what I've heard the explosion was caused by a mechanical fire of some sort.

It's such a sad thing to see that this is what the world has come to.

Actually stuff like this isn't that new Chrisford just much more publicized, especially after 9/11. Theyr've been terrorist attacks for as long as people have been around to terrorize each other. If anything terrorism has gone down as a result of all the attention on the subject after 9/11. Despite all the attention terrorism gets the odds of getting killed, injured, or caught up in one are still pretty small compared to being killed in a car accident, or street violence.

Edited by ShamanMcLamie

Your information is off. It was confirmed as an incendiary device. They are treating the two incidents as being related.

Its a library. There is nothing there that would cause a "mechanical fire". People thought that the bombing in Boston was an electrical fire at first.

::Link removed::

Here's a higher res picture courtesy of reddit.

Edit might help to link it, VERY NSFL ::Link removed::

Edited by IRIS

Here is a interesting little fact 

Secretary of State John Kerry has a long history with the Boston Marathon and has been on the scene several times in the past few years, but this year he was returning from his 10-day trip to the Middle East and Asia.

Also currently i dont think al qaeda is responsible as they still havent claimed it was them. So Its properly either the extreme right, or the extreme left. 

Here is a interesting little fact 

Also currently i dont think al qaeda is responsible as they still havent claimed it was them. So Its properly either the extreme right, or the extreme left. 

I hate those kind of conspiracy theories. Just because Sec. Kerry wasn't at the marathon, doesn't mean that the government is instantly responsible for the attack.

People are dead and people are seriously hurt. Now is a horrible time to start pointing fingers, including pointing out things that are suspicious when really they are just stupid little coincidences. Bring up conspiracies at a later time (preferably not at all), and allow people some time to mourn.

Also, al Qaeda isn't the only terrorist group out there. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by chrisford

OMG this is getting out of hand now 

It literally took only minutes for the conspiracy theories to start after news broke about the twin explosions in Boston. - foreignpolicy.com

"Keep in mind I am in no way blaming the FBI for this. Most men and women who work with the FBI are upstanding citizens who would be appalled at such acts. But it is theoretically possible that one of the FBI's many "terror plots" went too far and turned into a live bomb instead of a dud followed by an arrest for "domestic terrorism."...
Be wary of who ultimately gets blamed for this, especially if it's a veteran or patriot." - 
Jones's faux-news site

people are also saying it was the Jews others Nazi and aliens

I hate those kind of conspiracy theories. Just because Sec. Kerry wasn't at the marathon, doesn't mean that the government is instantly responsible for the attack.

People are dead and people are seriously hurt. Now is a horrible time to start pointing fingers, including pointing out things that are suspicious when really they are just stupid little coincidences. Bring up conspiracies at a later time (preferably not at all), and allow people some time to mourn.

It wasn't ment to be a conspiracy theories but a interesting fact. I highly doubt if the two (the bombing and the Sec. Kerry) are related.

Edited by Ahovking

Boston Police now says the explosion at the JFK Library appears to have been caused by a fire and was NOT related to the marathon explosions.

Do you have a source?

Edited by Strigon

OMG this is getting out of hand now 

people are also saying it was the Jews others Nazi and aliens

It wasn't ment to be a conspiracy theories but a interesting fact. I highly doubt if the two (the bombing and the Sec. Kerry) are related.

Kind of in bad taste but...   ::Link removed::

Edited by IRIS

The posting of gore ("Blood that has been shed, esp. as a result of violence") is not permitted on the PT forums. Refrain from posting graphic images, links to graphic images or links to pages with graphic images.

I have given verbal warnings to everyone in this thread that has done so, further such links will result in formal warnings and suspensions if necessary.

"Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds." - something I saw on facebook so take it with a grain of salt mind you.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Here's something a bit more reliable, not by much though.

Another reason that gun bans are pointless.

Doesn't take much to build a bomb these days.

This feels like something domestic rather than foreign. But I've been wrong before.