ShamanMcLamie

Boston Bombing

54 posts in this topic

Meh, just terrorists. Doesn't matter whether they're domestic or foreign, they're enemies.

This could just be another mental ill or simply angery American. I wouldn't call that terrorism. Terrorism implies the culprit is trying to gain some kind of influence or control through terrorizing. Maybe somebody just wanted to blow people up like that idiot who stabbed those college kids.

Anyway, tis a sad day for the people of Boston. :(

Terrorism implies the culprit is trying to gain some kind of influence or control through terrorizing.

...Is that not what happened?

There were multiple bombs, so this would have been quite difficult for a single person to coordinate. Most likely it was a group of people cooperating to do this.

"Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds." - something I saw on facebook so take it with a grain of salt mind you.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Here's something a bit more reliable, not by much though.

He seems to be a suspect just because of his nationality. Shame.

"Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds." - something I saw on facebook so take it with a grain of salt mind you.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Here's something a bit more reliable, not by much though.

He seems to be a suspect just because of his nationality. Shame.

It's disappointing that people are so quick to point out that he is from Arabia. At this point, he technically didn't do it. People need to lay off of it and let the US legal system take care of things instead of instantly accusing him because he's from Saudi Arabia.

...Is that not what happened?

There were multiple bombs, so this would have been quite difficult for a single person to coordinate. Most likely it was a group of people cooperating to do this.

We don't know that. And it wouldn't be hard at all for a single person to do this.

I could build a bomb myself just by walking into a store and buying a few parts. Its really not that hard. We used to turn M80 fireworks into mini bombs when I was a kid.

One person could have easily done this without even thinking too hard about it. Obviously they didn't or else there would be more than just 3 dead.

We don't know what the motivation was yet, so we can't say this was "terrorism."

Like I said, it could just be some idiot who wanted to kill people for whatever irrational reason.

Or it could be a terrorist, as this was an international event.

PS: Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of Al-Quada and its known to have bred many extremist muslims.... Just sayin....

We don't know that. And it wouldn't be hard at all for a single person to do this.

I could build a bomb myself just by walking into a store and buying a few parts. Its really not that hard. We used to turn M80 fireworks into mini bombs when I was a kid.

One person could have easily done this without even thinking too hard about it. Obviously they didn't or else there would be more than just 3 dead.

We don't know what the motivation was yet, so we can't say this was "terrorism."

Like I said, it could just be some idiot who wanted to kill people for whatever irrational reason.

Or it could be a terrorist, as this was an international event.

PS: Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of Al-Quada and its known to have bred many extremist muslims.... Just sayin....

What's your credibility? Explosives expert/know an explosives expert?

While I agree, bombs are quite easy to make, it is becoming harder and harder to do these days. Creating them is one thing, getting them into place is another. The kind of knowledge needed to sneak legitimate bombs past security like that is quite extensive. I really doubt someone did it alone. At the very least, they had help / were told what to do.

I could build a bomb myself 

Careful now...you don't know who might read that.

Well we don't know WHY they think he's a suspect, they might have some other proof simply besides "he's from saudi arabia he must be a terrorist". As for pointing it out of course people are going to point it out, the fact that the person they might suspect of doing it is Saudi Arabian might mean he has ties to a group like Al-Queida. I'm not saying he did it or he has ties to any terrorist factions but I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

Well I'm just saying... Bombs are easy to make for anyone determined enough to make one, and from the sound of it, these weren't very sophisticated explosives.

But you do have a point about location. Then again, small bomb = easier to hide. And I can't say anyone saw this coming...

As for the Saudi, I heard they weren't calling them a suspect...

Yeah that's the newest thing as of now. The problem with the news during times like this (same thing with sandy hook, except that was 10x worse) is that one reporter here's something and suddenly it's all over the channels.

This is what I've currently heard from media sources since. There is a lot of confusion and differing reports out there.

2 bombs went off during the Boston Marathon. One small bomb first and then a larger bomb about two blocks down the same street.

Around 100-150 people are injured. Three people have died and all at the hospital of their wounds and 8 year old among the dead.

The situation at the Kennedy Library appears to simply have been an unrelated fire where nobody was hurt, but seriously what a coincidence.

The 20 year old Saudi National is not a suspect, but is a person of interest. I've found a New York Post article that seems to report this individuals situation, don't be shocked if the story changes significantly in the following days.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/fbi_grills_saudi_man_XaT5rE40LDdAH44vMFOEXM

I've heard since that article that it's looking like this individual probably isn't involved and just happened to be the wrong age, wrong ethnicity, at the wrong place. He's apparently been cooperating authorities and gave them permission to search his apartment. I've also heard there is another individual who is a person of interest who appears foreign and nothing else.

Edited by ShamanMcLamie

I've heard they are looking for a dark skinned/black male with a foreign accent. I heard that long after they started questioning the Saudi, so I'm assuming its a different person.

It's always the foreigner that's responsible...but anyway, see? The Saudi national was accused of being responsible when there was literally no evidence suggesting so.

Holy crap! These guys are from Russia, apperently brothers, and now one of them is dead because the other ran him over trying to escape....

Crazy...

Or he was shot or something...... Unreliable news....

Either way, I hope this other guy doesn't get killed.

Holy crap! These guys are from Russia, apperently brothers, and now one of them is dead because the other ran him over trying to escape....

Crazy...

Or he was shot or something...... Unreliable news....

Either way, I hope this other guy doesn't get killed.

Chechnyan to be more precise. Not surprised about that though.

Chechen are Muslims too. Al though I've wouldn't be so quick to classified this as a Islamic extremist attack until we get more in. Since more like some kind of political manifesto, either way they shouldn't kill the last remaining guy. Just shoot him with a rubber bullet and tassel. We need to know the true reason behind this attacks. 

Yeah, the idea that this is about Chehnya in any way doesn't make sense. Islamic extremism on the other hand, that could be possible. They could easily fall victim to propaganda. Religion is such a strange thing.... College kids do lots of reading. In fact, the fact that their college kids doesn't surprise me at all.

In any case, I hope Dzhokhar doesn't die.

4chan.png

Curious.

For those of you who can't read that, it's a post on 4chan that was made a few hours after the bombing. 4chan does not archive its threads, so the thread is now gone, however, this post is not.

Anonymous 4/15/13(Mon) 18:42

WARNING: Laws being written to screw you.

I work on a security commission and I've just received word to start campaigning on a campaign we've been working on for the last two months and now it all makes sense.

I'll keep it as short as I can.

They're going to pin this event on a male late teens to early 20s and say he did it because he's unstable. They are going to find firearms and a NRA book in his home. They are going to say he used reloading powder for the explosion and that reloading powder shouldn't be for sale to the public. They are then going to say that because the powder in ammunition can be used for explosions that the number of rounds you can buy should be limited and taxed to help pay for these events.

I can't do anything or I'll lose my job and possibly face criminal charges. Please don't let them get away with it. They won't find the suspect till later this week and the raid is issued to occur on Friday. This was a staged event. The people hurt are real but the event was planned. Don't let them hurt our rights.

I'm at work so I used a copy of a picture from another thread. Also please don't mention me. It will seriously hurt me.

I'm interested in seeing if current events follow through like the anon predicted. If so, that post might be on to something serious.

Edited by chrisford

I actually doubt it, I have no doubt that the government uses tragedies to force what would normally be unpopular laws (See: Aurora, Sandy Hook). But this is one of those things where it doesn't happen often enough to be considered a huge threat, the fact that they're not natural born citizens and are both Muslim will also effect that.

I actually doubt it, I have no doubt that the government uses tragedies to force what would normally be unpopular laws (See: Aurora, Sandy Hook). But this is one of those things where it doesn't happen often enough to be considered a huge threat, the fact that they're not natural born citizens and are both Muslim will also effect that.

Still, if the government comes out with a statement stating exactly what the thread says, it still deserves a raised eyebrow or two.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories much. If it does come to that, total coincidence IMO.

But in reality, back to bomb making, the materials you could use to make a bomb are endless. And I highly doubt that those bombs were made with gun powder. Gun powder, although simple, isn't the best explosive to use for making a lethal bomb. That's more like something you'd use to blow up your crappy TV for fun. When people make bombs to kill, they generally use something more like chemicals or plastic explosives.

The bombs used were quite simple. But even so, much more detailed and advanced than anything I built as a kid. Which was generally made of flamable powders from fireworks or gun powder. Such things were virtually non lethal with only enough force to maybe tear some body tissue at best if you were standing 1 or 2 feet away.

The initial explosion from these was pretty decent sized.

I don't think gun powder was used. I suppose it could have been, but for an explosion that size, you'd need quite a bit packed into that little pressure cooker.

But I've never attempted building a bomb that size or even that advanced, so this is all speculation.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories much. If it does come to that, total coincidence IMO.

But in reality, back to bomb making, the materials you could use to make a bomb are endless. And I highly doubt that those bombs were made with gun powder. Gun powder, although simple, isn't the best explosive to use for making a lethal bomb. That's more like something you'd use to blow up your crappy TV for fun. When people make bombs to kill, they generally use something more like chemicals or plastic explosives.

The bombs used were quite simple. But even so, much more detailed and advanced than anything I built as a kid. Which was generally made of flamable powders from fireworks or gun powder. Such things were virtually non lethal with only enough force to maybe tear some body tissue at best if you were standing 1 or 2 feet away.

The initial explosion from these was pretty decent sized.

I don't think gun powder was used. I suppose it could have been, but for an explosion that size, you'd need quite a bit packed into that little pressure cooker.

But I've never attempted building a bomb that size or even that advanced, so this is all speculation.

Right. No one would expect the bombs to have been made from gunpowder. Yet, someone makes that bold accusation. What if the bombs were actually made with gunpowder? Only time will tell.

Whelp they got his ass, and once again the news is incredibly slow. I knew about it roughly 10 minutes before the news even mentioned it thanks to online police scanners.