Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shellhound

Texas Fertilizer Plant explosion

5 posts in this topic

Sometime yesterday a Fertilizer plant in West, Texas caught on fire and then exploded. From the estimates I've heard so far they expect 5-15 people to be dead 160+ injured and 60+ homes destroyed.

I have a cousin who lives about 50 miles away from where this happened and she said she could not only hear it but their house actually shook when it exploded, they thought it was thunder at first but when they looked outside there wasn't a cloud in site. From what I've heard a seismograph in Amarillo (roughly 500 miles away) picked up the explosion as a 2.1 earthquake, just goes to show exactly how big this thing was.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/04/live-updates-west-texas-fertilizer-plant-explosion-injures-more-than-100/

Holy crap, I was watching and it seemed like a normal fire, then BAM. It's amazing that leveled the whole town... I dont even know what to say =|  Fricken crazy stuffs happening man. Crazy Stuff.

Holy crap, I was watching and it seemed like a normal fire, then BAM. It's amazing that leveled the whole town... I dont even know what to say =|  Fricken crazy stuffs happening man. Crazy Stuff.

Its like a chain reaction if crazy events!

Yeah, it's somewhat relieving that this wasn't because of a person or anything but there's quite a bit of stuff going on lately. Nothing happens for a while then it seems like the universe makes up for it by all kinds of ******** happening in a week.

Edited by Shellhound

Its like a chain reaction if crazy events!

Fertilizer is somewhat flamable =l Don't ask me how i know that.  

Maybe they should start using ******** as bombs to save money