Fox Fire

Canadian Terror Plot

24 posts in this topic

Why can canadian and Australia so easily thwarted a terror plot and yet america has such a hard time? 

Why can canadian and Australia so easily thwarted a terror plot and yet america has such a hard time? 

2009: "underwear bomber stopped on us flight from blowing up plane.

2010: New York's times scare bomber thrawted from detonating a vehicle loaded with explosives.

Oh ya the U.S. totally can't stop terror plots

Why do you attack American policy every chance you get?

We have such a hard time because everyone targets us. We aren't isolated the way Australia or Canada are, we are a world superpower. World politics essentially revolves around the United States to the point that almost every threat of war in current times involves the United States in one way or another.

I get it, all eyes are on us because we're up there. People criticized the United States when we aided Indonesia after the tsunami because we "didn't aid them enough" when in reality we helped them more than any other country did. When another country rises up alongside/replaces the United States, all eyes will be on them as well, and critique their performance in world dominance just like you're doing to the United States. 

Australia and Canada can stop terrorism because it's so infrequent in those countries because no one cares about Australia or Canada in a global stage. Again, all eyes are on the US, politically, and in terms of terrorism. Were the terrorists in the Middle East chanting "Down with the Australians!"? No, they hated the US.

Seriously, stop insulting the United States for at least a thread. Look at Australia's problems for once, They've had their share of successful terrorist activities. We just have a lot more, hence a greater chance of them succeeding.

Edited by chrisford

Not to mention Canada has one of the most elite anti-terror squad in the world. Their job in Iraq and Afghanistan wasn't to try slowly make the country more democratic and pacify it or anything, they were solely their to kill terrorists. The public didn't even know about them until recently (recently as in 2005ish iirc)

Don't know why you had to throw Australia in there, also in Australia we haven't had any terrorist plans to "thwart". I'd rather as an Australian that you didn't throw us into every discussion, just makes it seem as though we don't feel important enough so therefore we talk about ourselves more to make up for it.

What do you mean? Why is Canada in our country? I'm confused....

I mean Canada is like our helmet for Russia. Pretty much part of us only more liberal and French. :P

What do you mean? Why is Canada in our country? I'm confused....

I mean Canada is like our helmet for Russia. Pretty much part of us only more liberal and French. :P

>_> Seriously? I have to explain myself?

I was talking about how Ahovking felt the need to talk about Australia (Quite randomly as we were talking about Canada in the OP).

My last comment was directed at Ahovking. :P

I'm basically saying Canada might as well be an extension of the US.

Shell, when I first saw that I thought it was something else.... O.O

My last comment was directed at Ahovking. :P

I'm basically saying Canada might as well be an extension of the US.

Shell, when I first saw that I thought it was something else.... O.O

Using that logic, Australia is also an extension of the US. 

How so?

I mean Canada is the USs largest trading partner and aside from them being more liberal, they're pretty much the same as us. A pretty bad ass military and they always follow us into war. Australia on the other hand is clear over in, well, Australia/Oceania whatever they're calling that continent these days.

I've always called Canada Americas hat. :P

2009: "underwear bomber stopped on us flight from blowing up plane.

2010: New York's times scare bomber thrawted from detonating a vehicle loaded with explosives.

Oh ya the U.S. totally can't stop terror plots

I said "Have trouble" not completely "unable to stop terror plots".

Why do you attack American policy every chance you get?

We have such a hard time because everyone targets us. We aren't isolated the way Australia or Canada are, we are a world superpower. World politics essentially revolves around the United States to the point that almost every threat of war in current times involves the United States in one way or another.

I get it, all eyes are on us because we're up there. People criticized the United States when we aided Indonesia after the tsunami because we "didn't aid them enough" when in reality we helped them more than any other country did. When another country rises up alongside/replaces the United States, all eyes will be on them as well, and critique their performance in world dominance just like you're doing to the United States. 

Australia and Canada can stop terrorism because it's so infrequent in those countries because no one cares about Australia or Canada in a global stage. Again, all eyes are on the US, politically, and in terms of terrorism. Were the terrorists in the Middle East chanting "Down with the Australians!"? No, they hated the US.

Seriously, stop insulting the United States for at least a thread. Look at Australia's problems for once, They've had their share of successful terrorist activities. We just have a lot more, hence a greater chance of them succeeding.

Oh God reading this was painful....

The united states is a superpower, so its natural that everyone is going to give you a hard time,

Australia and Canada also isn't isolated, for ONE example, in Australia we have a massive problem of people hoping on to WOODEN boats and float to Australia, so like the united states we have a massive immigration problem.

The biggest aid provider when compared with GDP is Sweden which gives 1.45% of its GDP while the united states only gives a small 0.21% of its GDP.

They burn United Kingdom, Australia, United states, German, france flags etc, but why do they burn american flag the most? because they have lead this whole attack in the middle east, but to think they only burn american flag shows how small minded you are.

Also it want an attack on the united states nor did i insult the United States, all i said was they does it seem they have so much trouble control international and national terrorism. It wasn't an attack but a question.

Don't know why you had to throw Australia in there, also in Australia we haven't had any terrorist plans to "thwart". I'd rather as an Australian that you didn't throw us into every discussion, just makes it seem as though we don't feel important enough so therefore we talk about ourselves more to make up for it.

Here are a lest of some Australian Terrorist attacks

• 1972 bombing of the Yugoslav General Trade Agency in Sydney;
  • 1978 bombing of the Sydney Hilton hotel during a Commonwealth Heads of Government Regional Meeting;
  • 1980 assassination of the Turkish Consul-General in Sydney;
  • 1982 bombing of the Israeli Consulate and the Hakoah Club in Sydney; and
  • 1986 bombing at the Turkish Consulate in Melbourne.

However it seem seems we have been able to stop national terrorist attacks and greatly limited international attacks.  

Listen everyone i didn't not meant my question to be a attack on the united states but a genuine question for i know very little about terrorism, As you can tell.

"Terrorists" are everywhere because Freedom Fighter = Terrorist and vice versa. The term used to describe it simply depends on the observer.

IE: The Irish Republican Army which has nothing to do with what were involved in. Are they freedom fighters or terrorists? Well that depends entirely on your point of view.

The American founding fathers were terrorists. Half of Americans (if not more) didn't even want to become independent. Others simply didn't care. The founding fathers were pretty much nothing more than any other militia rebelion/terrorist/freedom fighter/etc. But in America, we call them freedom fighters because that's our point of view.

Terrorist is a very vague term.

"Terrorists" are everywhere because Freedom Fighter = Terrorist and vice versa. The term used to describe it simply depends on the observer.

IE: The Irish Republican Army which has nothing to do with what were involved in. Are they freedom fighters or terrorists? Well that depends entirely on your point of view.

The American founding fathers were terrorists. Half of Americans (if not more) didn't even want to become independent. Others simply didn't care. The founding fathers were pretty much nothing more than any other militia rebelion/terrorist/freedom fighter/etc. But in America, we call them freedom fighters because that's our point of view.

Terrorist is a very vague term.

Very well said Pandora

I said "Have trouble" not completely "unable to stop terror plots".

Oh God reading this was painful....

The united states is a superpower, so its natural that everyone is going to give you a hard time,

Australia and Canada also isn't isolated, for ONE example, in Australia we have a massive problem of people hoping on to WOODEN boats and float to Australia, so like the united states we have a massive immigration problem.

The biggest aid provider when compared with GDP is Sweden which gives 1.45% of its GDP while the united states only gives a small 0.21% of its GDP.

They burn United Kingdom, Australia, United states, German, france flags etc, but why do they burn american flag the most? because they have lead this whole attack in the middle east, but to think they only burn american flag shows how small minded you are.

Also it want an attack on the united states nor did i insult the United States, all i said was they does it seem they have so much trouble control international and national terrorism. It wasn't an attack but a question.

Here are a lest of some Australian Terrorist attacks

• 1972 bombing of the Yugoslav General Trade Agency in Sydney;
  • 1978 bombing of the Sydney Hilton hotel during a Commonwealth Heads of Government Regional Meeting;
  • 1980 assassination of the Turkish Consul-General in Sydney;
  • 1982 bombing of the Israeli Consulate and the Hakoah Club in Sydney; and
  • 1986 bombing at the Turkish Consulate in Melbourne.

However it seem seems we have been able to stop national terrorist attacks and greatly limited international attacks.  

Listen everyone i didn't not meant my question to be a attack on the united states but a genuine question for i know very little about terrorism, As you can tell.

I meant that Australia and Canada are politically isolated, not literally.

Also, your lists of attacks prove a point. That list is nothing compared to the plots that are attempted worldwide. Also, you can only provide a list of five attacks that happened 30+ years ago...?

Also, it wasn't just your question that I was irritated about. It's the fact that you judge the United States in almost every post you make. Even your signature has quotes about the US, and you don't even live here.

Also, on the topic of the 2004 tsunami, the US donated more money, regardless of GDP size.

I meant that Australia and Canada are politically isolated, not literally.

Politicly isolated? Your joking, Australia is in the security council (non-permanent member), we have yearly high level meetings which China, The united states, Germany (well most of European) , japan. Also from month to month bob carr our foreign minister would be out of state heading to either a nation for talks or going to some summit.

We also are Very active in a regional area due the rise of china and to say Australia (im assuming canada the same) are politically isolated in this world of globalisation and the fact both states are modern developed nations is shocking.

Also, your lists of attacks prove a point. That list is nothing compared to the plots that are attempted worldwide. Also, you can only provide a list of five attacks that happened 30+ years ago...?

Because we started tackling terrorism in the 80s and we really crack down on terror, we did had a string of terrar attacks between 70s and the 80s and we introduce new laws and then terror attacks dropped, to this day we continue to stop new plots.

Also, it wasn't just your question that I was irritated about. It's the fact that you judge the United States in almost every post you make. Even your signature has quotes about the US, and you don't even live here.

Yes Im very critical of the US but i would also defend, if you would like to discuss this further inbox me,

My signature is about how much the US is spending, and trying to spread the word, they have to do something about the rising debt and currently what they are doing isn't good enough to stop the rising about of debt. if it continue it will be the down fall of the US, once again not an attack, But a warning.

Also, on the topic of the 2004 tsunami, the US donated more money, regardless of GDP size.

Regardless if you gave more money, its about the percentage of GDP you gave, because its about how much did you sacrifice to help others, the more you gave according to GDP the more you tried helping.

Edited by Ahovking

Yes, Australia is a regional influence (they are more influential than I credit them to be), but I don't ever hear anything about Australia in the international news. Australia does not play a critical roll at the global stage.

Also, your view on Australian terrorism is wrong. No one targets Australia because it wouldn't send a message as big as they would want it to be, because no one cares about Australia in a global stage at this point (sounds mean, but hey, shoot me down). I'll admit, Australia would play a big roll if a global power needed to perform war operations in the Oceania region, but still, not important.

Australia was elected onto the Security Council one time in almost thirty years. Even Columbia has been on it more than Australia has been. Also, guess who doesn't have to worry about being elected onto the Security Council? The United States.

Yes, Australia is a regional influence (they are more influential than I credit them to be), but I don't ever hear anything about Australia in the international news. Australia does not play a critical roll at the global stage.

We dont play a critical roll at the global stage, Becouse there is only 23milion of us and we are only the 12 largest economy in the world. However we are very active in supporting current wars in hand and hand with the united states and in peacekeeping, giving aid etc. 

"to its engagement with Asia as a power in its own right. Its relations with the international community are influenced by its position as a leading trading nation and as a significant donor of humanitarian aid." -Wiki

We do play an importent role in asia but not globally.  

Also, your view on Australian terrorism is wrong. No one targets Australia because it wouldn't send a message as big as they would want it to be, because no one cares about Australia in a global stage at this point (sounds mean, but hey, shoot me down). I'll admit, Australia would play a big roll if a global power needed to perform war operations in the Oceania region, but still, not important.

We do get targeted, Sydney Five, Benbrika Group in Melbourne, Mohammed Abderrahman plot were all islamic terror plots that happen in the last 5 years that we were able to stop them, just like canada, Germany, france, south africa every country i would say have had some sort of terrorist attack over the last 10 years. 

The United States is the great prize, but sometimes you want to test your skill on little puppets to test your skill before going after the big prize (the United States).

Australia was elected onto the Security Council one time in almost thirty years. Even Columbia has been on it more than Australia has been. Also, guess who doesn't have to worry about being elected onto the Security Council? The United States.

I used the Security Council as an example,  Australia is apart of over 60 international organisations who meet all over the world to talk about global and regional events and issues. Politically isolated ? i dont think so (being narrow-minded)

Edited by Ahovking

The reason you don't hear a lot about Australia/Canada is because they have their s*** together, unlike, well, the rest of earth.

Edited by miller

The reason you don't hear a lot about Australia/Canada is because they have their s*** together, unlike, well, the rest of earth.

Basically this.

Not to mention they're too worried about the animals in their country trying to kill them than they are about humans trying. I'm thoroughly convinced terrorists don't go to Australia because they're scared.

Basically this.

Not to mention they're too worried about the animals in their country trying to kill them than they are about humans trying. I'm thoroughly convinced terrorists don't go to Australia because they're scared.

For proof: the Great Emu War of 1932.

For proof: the Great Emu War of 1932.

I actually read a great cracked article that had that in there, ******** was great.

" By 8 November, six days after the first engagement, 2,500 rounds of ammunition had been fired. [6] The number of birds killed is uncertain: one account claims just 50 birds, [6] but other accounts range from 200 to 500 —the latter figure being provided by the settlers. Meredith's official report noted that his men had suffered no casualties."

Seriously? Does anyone have any better reading about this? Its sad and funny at the same time....