Fox Fire

Israel Strikes Syria

13 posts in this topic

http://aljazeera.com/story/201354434558135

A bit late, but here yuh go.

I think this is stupid. The west should be supporting Assad for the sake of regional stability. The rebels wanting to replace him are no better than him....

I know Israel has their own safety to consider, but they obviously don't consider anyone elses.

I know Israel has their own safety to consider, but they obviously don't consider anyone elses.

As if anyone else in the Middle East does, that region isn't exactly known for it's peaceful nature.

http://aljazeera.com/story/201354434558135

A bit late, but here yuh go.

I think this is stupid. The west should be supporting Assad for the sake of regional stability. The rebels wanting to replace him are no better than him....

actually, the rebels are so diverse and there's so much chaos no one knows who's who. Only some of the rebels are no better, but those guys tend to be the ones who get power (think iran)

Also, the west can't support Assad because Assad has lost. Sooner or later, he's going out. It might take another 10 years, but do you honestly expect a revolution to die down now? It's feasibly impossible. The west must NOT support Assad because sooner or later it'll bite in the back.

Glad to see you al jazeera ;)

Bgorre, hmmm.... That wierd. Guess they removed the post. :/

King, true, but I have a feeling that if the rebels win, Syria will become another Libya. A nation in anarchy.

That would likely disrupt the entire region even more and Assads weapons will be spread all over the place.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/04/syria-israel.html

King, true, but I have a feeling that if the rebels win, Syria will become another Libya. A nation in anarchy.

That would likely disrupt the entire region even more and Assads weapons will be spread all over the place.

The rebels will win. It's simply a question of when. Think history. Whenever a dictator jeopardizes his entire country to stay in power, chances are, it's because he can do nothing but stay in power for as long as possible and do as much damage to the enemy as possible.

Turning into another Libya wouldn't be as bad as turning into another Iran. These rebels are the same kind of Muslims who overthrew the Shah back in '79. Seeing as how we stood by the whole time, I doubt whoever the next is will be America friendly. Nations like China Russia and Iran already have influence in Syria, who's to say they won't help out the new Government to? (Note: I am not saying we should help the Syrian rebels, that would be a terrible idea, we just need to stop them from going the way of anti western extremism.)

Turning into another Libya wouldn't be as bad as turning into another Iran. These rebels are the same kind of Muslims who overthrew the Shah back in '79. Seeing as how we stood by the whole time, I doubt whoever the next is will be America friendly. Nations like China Russia and Iran already have influence in Syria, who's to say they won't help out the new Government to? (Note: I am not saying we should help the Syrian rebels, that would be a terrible idea, we just need to stop them from going the way of anti western extremism.)

What's worse than turning into Iran or Libya? Turning into Iraq. It a bloody mess and nobody want's to take a dip in it, nor should we if the intentions are to place a bunch of snakes in power like we did in Iraq. Remember they do have chemical weapons, imagine if they fell to Al Nusra. Israel is going to regret those attacks.

The Middle East has anways been, and probably always will be unstable. Its because all of the Islamists and thier stupid, irrational religions making them constantly kill eachother instead of just ********ing getting along. When they learn to stop killing eachother because of stupid things then the region can finally be stable.

Israel is just trying to keep more destructive weapons out of peoples hands, to prevent the conflict from getting worse.

Its going to end up just like Afghanistan imo. We will support the rebels, they will win, and then they will start fighting eachother.

The Middle East has anways been, and probably always will be unstable. Its because all of the Islamists and thier stupid, irrational religions making them constantly kill eachother instead of just caressing getting along. When they learn to stop killing eachother because of stupid things then the region can finally be stable.Israel is just trying to keep more destructive weapons out of peoples hands, to prevent the conflict from getting worse.Its going to end up just like Afghanistan imo. We will support the rebels, they will win, and then they will start fighting eachother.

No, Israel is trying to stop weapons from getting in the hands of their own enemies. If they actually cared about weapons in the hands of everyone else, they wouldn't be in favor of the rebels.

I say again, when the rebels win, Syria will degrade into anarchy and Assads weapons will be spread all over Syria and the middle east.

That's what happened in Libya, so its safe to assume the same will happen here.

Edited by Pandora

No, Israel is trying to stop weapons from getting in the hands of their own enemies. If they actually cared about weapons in the hands of everyone else, they wouldn't be in favor of the rebels.

I say again, when the rebels win, Syria will degrade into anarchy and Assads weapons will be spread all over Syria and the middle east.

^^^^^^^

+1

Its also what happened in Afghanistan. Revolution, then complete anarchy because nobody knows who is fighting who anymore.

Why cant muslims just learn to live peacefully together  :|