Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShamanMcLamie

Mass Protest in Egypt

21 posts in this topic

Egypt is in an uproar again and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Do you think the Democratically elected President Mohamed Morsi should step down? Do you think protesters are overreacting? What do you think of the Militaries actions? How do you think it should end, and how do you think it will end?

Morsi is just a big giant idiot. He has no idea how to lead, how to handle protests, how to manage an economy, how to make people happy, tldr; how to be a president. The Brotherhood is no better. If you think about it, the Brotherhood really was just a rebel group from the time of Nasser, to Sadat, to Mubarak.... this is the first time they've ever held power in Egypt. And they have no idea what they're doing. I blame everything on the %)#$(*&%(#&*%#)*$)#$*)q# constitution they signed last year, which basically gave all the power to the President. I mean, are they THAT DUMB?! If The Brotherhood wants real power, they'd be better off putting it in parliament (they're much more likely to hold majorities in parliament year by year then in the presidency). The constitution was accepted by the public in the vote they had though, but the 20% minority protestors started whining and ******** and through the country into chaos. And of course Morsi just sat around doing nothing cuz he's incapable of doing anything. I blame the rebels for destroying the country, and Morsi for not trying to fix it. No idea what will happen next, to much chaos to predict anything. It should end by a new constitution and no Morsi (a decent President, be it Brotherhood or whoever would be much better). The military is lujjit

Lord knows. no morsi and a decent constitution would help though.but seriously they were protesting the army right after mubarak fell too. its chaos

They are protesting whatever they can at this point.

Seems the Arab Spring wasnt so great afterall. Mostly a bunch of anarchy and no real changes/solutions....

I have faith in the army,  and things might settle out after a decent president is elected. How's Tunisia doing these days?

Morsi was just ousted from the Presidency in a military coup today.

Not a military coup

It's back by the population

******** just got serious.

and it was a coop. and not all people support it. western media just likes to say that. nevertheless, the constitutional court is in power now, which makes it sound more legitimate.

Wow! Cereal?

Was watching this last night and didnt expect it to happen so soon.
What happened to Morsi.

Tunisia is doing fine. Morsi is being held at a military facility, according to fox.

And it was a military coup bgorre, but they act based on what they think the majority of the people want.

fox is wrong, he is in house arrest. unless it changed.

anyone disagree with the coup?

oh, fun fact! CNN mispelled morsi's name, and morsi went to USC

Edited by The King

Mass protesting is awesome when you want to try and replace a failed regime, but that isn't to say that its lead to a quality alternative. That's the greatest problem with the revolutions happening across the Middle East. You NEED to keep in mind what the alternative will be and fight for that. Not liking the current option isn't enough. Otherwise the result is nothing less than what we hopefully can avoid in Egypt: a carousel of shitty governments that will eventually cause protests and be replaced.

Fox is awesome!!!

Oh wait, you mean the news network... Yeah, they suck....
Anyway, I wont miss him... Will any of you?

who will? I just figured that some democracy freaks would br angry about the lack og democratic process. Anderson Cooper was raging against the coup for one