Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leo

Thought provoking questions

21 posts in this topic

I like to browse countless websites on internet falling in different categories (technology, science, humour, literature, philosophy etc). Today I found a website which had some thought provoking questions which I think are worth sharing. So fellow Terrans, here I present you the questions made me to think and challenge my long held beliefs and helped me to know myself better. Read and think. There are no right and wrong answers and you don't need to post the thoughts that come to your mind after reading this, although I will appreciate it if you do share your thoughts. :)

1.If you could offer someone who has all his life ahead of him only one piece of advice, what would it be?

2.What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

3.What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

4.To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

5.Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?

To encourage sharing of thoughts, I will share my thoughts.

1.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

A:Be true to yourself and consider feelings as well as reason.

To go in detail: Listen to your conscience, don't do anything that would make you hate yourself. Don't be impulsive and too emotional but at the same time don't undermine your feeling self. It makes you a complete human.

A:I'd be probably more confident in sharing my ideas. Generally I don't base my decisions on judgement of others especially if they are in contrast to my principles.

A:Many people are too self centered and selfish. I will most probablt think of my own good before doing good to others but I try to be helpful as much as I can, keeping my own selfish interests at a side.

I'd like to see the world free from hypocrisy, several social evils and greed. But before I can hope for that to happen, I must change myself.

A:The course one's life takes depends on one's choices. I think what I am now is result of my choices and some events controlled by hand of God. Maybe fate is a factor, maybe it is God's will or maybe it solely depends on the choices I make.

A:I will always prefer more work I actually enjoy doing. It will give contentment and peace of mind.

Edited by Socrates

1: I would open up a fortune cookie and let them live with whatever it says.

2: We dont need to wear pants....

3: Less people. More distance.

4: Being forced to go to school =/= controll, though it isnt exactly a bad thing. Its just not under my control.

5: Moar work thats fun to do.

1.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
I wouldn't

nothing

nothing

to no degree

Neither, id rather take an infinite nap

Lol'ed at your 'nothing' responses, Flubb. You look to be pretty content with the way world is.

@Strigon:Your answers made me smile :P

Edited by Socrates

1. Don't go for the easy path. If it's too easy don't do it, even though it seems better, or... easier. Most of the times it will hurt you in the future.

2. I wouldn't get involved with other people.

3. The people in it...

4. Indirect control, mostly... 

5. More work I actually enjoy doing.

I like to browse countless websites on internet falling in different categories (technology, science, humour, literature, philosophy etc).

I, too, browse Reddit.

Enjoy life and you will always be successful.

I don't worry too much about people judging me. I honestly get a kick out of people who judge and find that I'm completely different then what they expected and in many cases I hear what they expect me to be like and in reality I'm the exact opposite.

Were in a world driven by technology, if you don't adapt to it, you're left behind. I've always been interested in just living off the land, hunting, gathering and trading, it would be so much simpler and you wouldn't have to worry about nearly as much. So If I could change something I would remove computers and technology and go back to doing things the old ways.

I'd like to think that I controlled the direction of my life, whether or not I would take the same path is an entirely different question.

Less work.

1. Good question. I have no idea.

2. Absolutely nothing. 

3. Id stop stupid teenagers from aimlessly getting knocked up, ruining their lives and overpopulating an earth that already has too many people. That ******** seems to be trendy.

4. Hmm... I dont think I can answer that one. :/

5. More work.

1. Take advantage of the boobs while you can

2. I'd totally wear more kpop stuff

3. I wish the world would focus more on technological and scientific progress instead of killing each other, that'd be great.

4. Not much unfortunately

5. More work I enjoy doing, is it considered work at that point?

La familia es todo.

I would explain my views to the very ends of the earth. Unfortunately, my views are...interesting :P

Stupidity, get rid of that, just about everything wrong is fixed.

Hell if I know. I've hardly lived.

The latter, no ********.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Honestly, fart in public unashamed. 

That, education, understanding, preservation, progress, and our inherit since of exploration once again became the forefront of our society. 

Limited in my younger years but absolute post high school. 

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day your life." - Confucius

I, too, browse Reddit.

To be honest, I don't like Reddit very much. It's a good website but it could be better. To cure boredom, I prefer Cracked.com to Reddit. And for finding content related to some particular subject, I use Google.

1. Take advantage of the boobs while you can

5. More work I enjoy doing, is it considered work at that point?

Do you think that is the best advice you can give to a newborn child? :P

And when you enjoy your work, it becomes a value. It is considered work even when you enjoy doing it.

La familia es todo.

Good advice!

Edited by Socrates

Nothing I guess. A newborn is't capable of comprehending what I am saying

Freely follow a path of Communism

The gravity

I chose what to major in, and some other political stuff

More I would enjoy doing,

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day your life." - Confucius

I sware! The Chinese have always been Communist! Taoism and Confusianism are like spiritual communism. So much that I'm pretty surprised PRoC doesnt enforce Taoism as the state religion.

Kruchev, supposing the child is able to understand you, what advice would you give him?

A newborn? I doubt that he would remember my words, but I would advise him to eat healthy. Always.

Uhm... Just hesitate less in general.

Violence. Stop that.

90%

More work I'd enjoy doing. "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day your life."

Edited by Vellocet

You wouldn't be able to communicate and the newborn wouldn't understand. Pointless.

I already do whatever I want in life without caring about opinions of others. But taken to extremes, I suppose I'd act like the typical raidder.

Less stressful, and more natural lifestyles should be mainstream.

Somewhat well.

Less atm. My answer would change with the current situation.

I appreciate that you shared your thoughts. :)

Anyway, a little request to everybody who wants to share his/her thoughts, I know the first question has not been written in the best way, it has a logical flaw as pointed out by many other players i.e a newborn cannot understand or remember what we say. I copy pasted the questions from the website and did not edit them and I also had the same thought on reading the Q1 that how can a newborn child understand what I say but the thing is, I also know  what the question really asks i.e what is the best advice you can give to a person if he has all his life ahead of him. So my request is, assume that the child can understand you when you answer it.

Saying "He cannot understand it","He/she cannot remember it" etc are answers but they do not actually show what you have learnt in life and hence make the question purposeless. I hope you get my point.

Edited by Socrates

The this:

1.If you could offer a young child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

should be the question.

And this

"Think before you make decisions, but don't think too much that you miss too many firsts. Think if you think you can change unsatisfactory situations, but don't think too much if you can't and just enjoy the ride. Reflect on the past, but never regret it. Plan for the future, but never depend on it. Write down all of these for it will only all make sense to you as your life unfolds."

would be my answer.

As I said earlier, I copy pasted the questions. Anyway fixed the question.