Hannibal

Game Development Update

25 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to be making this announcement, but to be honest, it's overdue at this point, and most of you have long since assumed it anyway.

Active development on PT has stopped. There is no expected date (that I am aware of) at which point it will begin again, or at which the game will be released. The last time I spoke with Chris (which was several weeks ago at this point) he maintained that he still plans on releasing the game at some point, but only has time to work on it in fits and starts. 

If the situation changes, and development actively begins again, any announcement to that effect will be posted on these forums. If that announcement comes, it will come from Chris, not from myself or any other member of the staff. 

I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to the members of the community for your dedication and loyalty to this game. It's been inspiring, and I'm privileged to have helped run this community as a staff member, and grateful to have been a member of it as a player. There were times things got strained, but by and large it's been a genuine pleasure serving this community. Like most of you, I hope that Chris finds his way clear to developing PT again, and that it returns one day. But for now, it's my responsibility to make the unfortunate announcement that development has ceased. I should have made this announcement sooner, rather than letting everyone sit and wonder, and for not doing so I apologize. My only excuse is that my hope that development would start sooner rather than later caused me to dither and wait.

It's been fun folks, and here's to hoping that someday we see each other again round these parts.

Hannibal

It has been a pleasure to serve this community. Hopefully in the future we shall return here again and have a game for everyone to play.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty to Project Terra.

Since its over can we know all the secrets to everything? Like did the mods have in game accounts if so who, ect ect.

Since its over can we know all the secrets to everything? Like did the mods have in game accounts if so who, ect ect.

At this point, that's a fairly open secret, but we will not be releasing information about the moderators or about behind the scenes conversations and debates, all of which happened with the understanding that said discussions were private and would remain so. 

My offer to Chris to talk about the possible purchasing the game still stands, i was a late comer and i feel in love with this game. I hope this game will come back at this time. If he decides he wont have the time to ever get the game done, PLEASE contact me, i want this game to live so desperately. 

My offer to Chris to talk about the possible purchasing the game still stands, i was a late comer and i feel in love with this game. I hope this game will come back at this time. If he decides he wont have the time to ever get the game done, PLEASE contact me, i want this game to live so desperately.

Oh no not another one who thinks he can "save" the game.

This thread was needed, and it is appreciated.  It wasn't something you had to do, but it was the right thing to do.  See some of you, well....you know where.  Cheers.

Thank you so much for providing this Hannibal. It's sad to see this game be neglected as so and hopefully it will return someday in some capacity from development purgatory. Just curious Hannibal, but when did development stop? I could understand Holidays putting a snag on development everyone is spending their free time prepping and enjoying the Holidays and I can understand some fatigue after New Years. But two weeks after after New Years, which were at, things do need to start moving again. That is roughly two months. If it's going back to the last update from IRIS in August then this game is dead in the water no doubt about it.

If Chris truly doesn't have the time and will to continue this project I do hope he has the sense to sell it and pass the torch on to someone who does have the time and interest to work on this game. Another suggestion Ahovking is you might want to try and start your own game, people aren't always in the mood to hand over a project even ones they're neglecting.

Edited by ShamanMcLamie

Ah, how sad. What a shame for such a game with promise to flounder.

And the whole world of Terra falls into deep slumber. Eras have come and gone, this too shall pass. And one day, a Holy Admin will shake Terra into being again.

I may have joined around only 7-6 months before the game went down, but i had enjoyed every moment of it. Fought some good fights, laughed some good laughs and to be honest... That's all i could have asked for from a game, let alone one that had been free and so in depth regardless. I look forward to times like that again, whenever that time comes i'll be waiting. It's been a good run folks!  :D  And until next time guys, stay classy!  :thumbsup:

I enjoyed trolling all of you, I enjoyed not giving a ********, I enjoyed breaking the game, I enjoyed moderating you all, I enjoyed getting banned from all your petty alliances, I enjoyed being in LIQ, I enjoyed disbanding LiQ, I enjoyed all of the community, I enjoyed all the friendships(few have lasted), so to wrap it up...

I ENJOYED PROJECT TERRA, THANKS CHRIS!

I DON'T MISS SASHA!

Honorable Terrans,

It has been an amazing adventure, but this is good bye. I wish you all the best in other world and in real life.

Farewell,

Joseph M. Black

Well its been fun. At least now we know. So sad to see it go. TFE forever the best alliance.

Lunchyyy signing off.