Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShamanMcLamie

Baccano!

2 posts in this topic

So I'm not the biggest fan of Anime and just like good shows which Anime provides from time to time. I recently watched this lost Gem from 2007 called Baccano! and it was pretty (Insert Profanity) good. So good people put on par with Cowboy Bebop, It was so good I'm actually bothering to tell you guys about it.

What's it about? Without revealing too much, It's largely set in the early 1930's and revolves around number of stories that are all interconnected with no real plot, or main character. The show does time jumps between these stories so it can get pretty confusing at first and you probably won't be able to fully grasp the flow of the show and what story a scene is in until around Episode 6-8, but it actually manages to wrap the whole thing up in a satisfying way by the last Episode (13). The show is very character and event driven and it does the time jumping so masterfly in a way that provides the most suspense and mystery to keep you hooked. A majority of it's large cast of characters manage to be very entertaining and interesting to watch. The Animation is Good, and the English Voice Work is superb especially when dealing with the various accents(most predominant the classic Italian American accent). The show can get pretty gory though so if you don't like lots of blood and gore, people being pumped full of bullets, limbs torn to shreds by moving traintracks, or heads blown to pieces by a shotgun this may not be for you. The Show in General has Good Humor, Great Action, Plenty of Suspense, Entertaining characters, and just fun to watch.

The Show has 13 Episodes and 3 Epilogue episodes from the DVD you should be able to watch them all on websites like WatchCartoonOnline, or Hulu. I hope this compells some of you who like Cartoons, Anime, or Good Shows to watch this terribly forgotten show.

EDIT: Nothing pressing, but I though I posted this in the Entertainment Section, but didn't. So if a mod looks this over can you move it there when you get the time, Thank You.

Edited by ShamanMcLamie

That's kinda weebish though.

Anime makes no sense and has no place in western society ok bro