Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cornupication

Alliance Bank Thoughts and Ideas

6 posts in this topic

So, me and Divair were talking about this over a steak tonight (well, I was having steak at least...not sure about him), while we were discussing possibilities of the functioning of the alliance bank, and what it could be used for, how to fund it etc. etc.

So essentially I thought I'd set up a bit of a dumping ground of sorts where myself, Div and anyone else can talk about their ideas for the bank and hopefully one of the highers will see, and take a look.

(A lot of this is paraphrasing from our discussion on http://forum.project-terra.com/index.php?/topic/9626-alliance-bank-functions/ )

The main point being discussed was a tax system that could be put into place that could fund the alliance bank for both setting it up and supplying a steady income for whatever the alliance wished to do with it next. For an example, if we taxed players and had a single community bank, we could both financially help newer nations in the alliance, as well as send out perks or rewards for commitment to the alliance. I don't think it would take much for alliances to dedicate a leader to organise such rewards packaged and tax systems, like a treasurer in a way.

My thought was that if members were allowed to withdraw funds from the bank, that there should be a way to cap how much they can take out for a certain time period. Almost like a grant system, with the possibility of tiers (the longer you've been in the alliance, the more you can take out - or if you've donated a certain amount into it, you can take more out, just a thought). How this would be managed, I'm not sure. Perhaps a tier system that you climb up the longer you stay in an alliance? (NS players - wouldn't that be similar to Influence?)

Those are my thoughts anyway, I'm sure Div will chip in with more at some point. I just wanted a central point to focus related thoughts in one place.

In terms of using it for the alliance's economic cooperation, I'm thinking we can do things like this:

- Set a "welcome" aid package for new member states to help give them a quick boost

- Allow nations to "petition" the bank for a loan OR aid package. The admins will be able to see this and can decide if the bank can give out the money

- Let admins "subsidize" a nation within the alliance that is at war. Non-repayable daily grants that last until the war is over

Alliance banks are something that has been the subject of considerable discussion, both amongst players and within the Moderation Staff previously, so the Dev Team has a solid idea on how to proceed to a good result with it. No need to worry about that :)

Alliance banks are something that has been the subject of considerable discussion, both amongst players and within the Moderation Staff previously, so the Dev Team has a solid idea on how to proceed to a good result with it. No need to worry about that :)

Just throwing suggestions out there in case we come up with something you folks haven't talked about in the past.

Oh, we're not worrying - we're using the suggestions forum for its correct use...making suggestions.