Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Micheal Malone

Dearest Cement Workers

28 posts in this topic

Stop devaluing our product!

We are currently selling at less than half the rate of other base construction resources...

knuckleheads.

Hey!! Ill.have you know that as a nation that over produces cement, I don't post sell offers on.the market.

Instead, I get ripped off handing my cement to buy offers because Im impatient and make too much cement to wait/care.

Competition is a ********. Im curious to know what the.most abundant resources are.

Stop devaluing our product!

We are currently selling at less than half the rate of other base construction resources...

knuckleheads.

Who are "we" ? And who is devaluing your precious cement price ? Now it seems to me that all prices for construction res. are much too high, except cement, but just for the moment.

So what's this ? A clear intention of manipulating the market prices? The prices are already absurd in some cases, e.g. lumber and the market is flooded by these so called "wall street PT brokers". The market is ruined for now, thx to you, the big alliances. You sell resources among you at prices like 200.000 tonnes per 49,50 and so on, fill your warehouses and then what ? I even saw people who have 500 warehouses based on what offers and requests I see !

As for me, a casual player...I'm not buying and won't buy at your artificial prices. May you stay and wait forever and ever with your thousand warehouses filled to the top. Yeah, no system is perfect, that's why not before long the system is abused, exploited and brought down to its knees by the "smart guys". Do you find 10-15 million per 1000 tonnes of lumber or whatever fair ?

I don't.

Let me take the time to answer properly...

Who are "we" ? And who is devaluing your precious cement price ? Now it seems to me that all prices for construction res. are much too high, except cement, but just for the moment.

We would be those who have cement on the market for less than half what the other base resources are selling for. Not only that, they continue to under-cut each other driving the price lower. I'm sure it's simply because cement is probably in large supply.

So what's this ? A clear intention of manipulating the market prices? The prices are already absurd in some cases, e.g. lumber and the market is flooded by these so called "wall street PT brokers". The market is ruined for now, thx to you, the big alliances. You sell resources among you at prices like 200.000 tonnes per 49,50 and so on, fill your warehouses and then what ? I even saw people who have 500 warehouses based on what offers and requests I see !

Ok.. so a couple of things with this. Yes, I am attempting to educate those who are trying to make money. Now let me take a moment to educate you. There is no way that someone has 500 warehouses. Unless things have drastically changed between alpha and beta, the cost for warehouses exponentially increases the higher you get. This was done to limit the amount of resources any one nation can hold on to at a time. This also, as a side affect, limited the size of an army a nation could maintain. I haven't looked at the numbers on warehouses as I only have 10, however I would venture a guess they didn't alter the equation since many other equations are still the same. What you are seeing, most likely, is the fact that people have simply listed their resources at the same price. You should try it, list a few resources at a price, then list more at the same price. It simply adds it to stock available at that price.

As for me, a casual player...I'm not buying and won't buy at your artificial prices. May you stay and wait forever and ever with your thousand warehouses filled to the top. Yeah, no system is perfect, that's why not before long the system is abused, exploited and brought down to its knees by the "smart guys". Do you find 10-15 million per 1000 tonnes of lumber or whatever fair ?

I don't.

Are we already at this point? People accusing abuse & exploit simply because someone else plays the game differently, within the methods of the game available to them? Nobody is forcing you to buy my inflated prices.

As far as why I'm attempting to make money? There's literally nothing else to do at this point in the game, so why wouldn't I try to capitalize on this aspect of the game?

Now. Back to the topic at hand. Quit selling cement at retarded prices. Some market pvp is about to start taking place.

Just to clarify, at the moment you aren't limited in what you can place on the market, only in what you can hold on hand. So the people who have tens of thousands of resources on the market haven't got lots of warehouses.

This will be changing in the future, you will be limited to your storage capacity both in what you can have on hand and what you can put on the market.

Just to clarify, at the moment you aren't limited in what you can place on the market, only in what you can hold on hand. So the people who have tens of thousands of resources on the market haven't got lots of warehouses.

This will be changing in the future, you will be limited to your storage capacity both in what you can have on hand and what you can put on the market.

Yes this makes a lot of sense, at least I am not investing in warehouses for nothing. Thanks Jester. :laugh:

Let me take the time to answer properly... We would be those who have cement on the market for less than half what the other base resources are selling for. Not only that, they continue to under-cut each other driving the price lower. I'm sure it's simply because cement is probably in large supply.Ok.. so a couple of things with this. Yes, I am attempting to educate those who are trying to make money. Now let me take a moment to educate you. There is no way that someone has 500 warehouses. Unless things have drastically changed between alpha and beta, the cost for warehouses exponentially increases the higher you get. This was done to limit the amount of resources any one nation can hold on to at a time. This also, as a side affect, limited the size of an army a nation could maintain. I haven't looked at the numbers on warehouses as I only have 10, however I would venture a guess they didn't alter the equation since many other equations are still the same. What you are seeing, most likely, is the fact that people have simply listed their resources at the same price. You should try it, list a few resources at a price, then list more at the same price. It simply adds it to stock available at that price.Are we already at this point? People accusing abuse & exploit simply because someone else plays the game differently, within the methods of the game available to them? Nobody is forcing you to buy my inflated prices.As far as why I'm attempting to make money? There's literally nothing else to do at this point in the game, so why wouldn't I try to capitalize on this aspect of the game?Now. Back to the topic at hand. Quit selling cement at retarded prices. Some market pvp is about to start taking place.

1. And I am one of those who has cement on the market and I don't like the prices. They are way too high, and I am talking about the construction res.

2. I sell cement in whatever quantities and prices I desire.

3. No news to me. I already saw that, adding a new quantity at the same price stockpiles to your previous quantity. When you see offers or requests like250,000, 350,000, 500,000,(tonns) what's that? Are you calling me a liar? You'd better check out the market more often,you'd be amazed.

4. So what's the whole point asking or offering 500,000 tonnes of smth(yes,500 thousand tonns) if you don't have either the warehouses or the quantity at hand? A game mod would be helpful explaining how things work and why do we see at this point such enormous quantities listed either as offers or requests.

5. So who do you think you are when you initially have a post with a clear intention of manipulating the prices (rising them) and then a second one saying you educate us ? Chill out man. I'm pretty sure you're not The Chosen One here to teach us how to buy res.at your "wishful thinking"prices.

6. Well, as I've said before, I won't buy res.at artificial prices. Now you can relax.

:D

I hope this will not instantly reduce player's inventory. It's not that I'm trying to hold stuff, but waiting for it to sell. Especially military materials.

I agree, dear international community, please arrest these criminals!!!11

cw7Jkp.png

I agree, dear international community, please arrest these criminals!!!11

cw7Jkp.png

That's only like 7 warehouses worth of materials...

Prices went up again, which is awesome but something should be done to prevent these cicles, maybe create OCEC - Organization of Cement Exporting Countries

Can't speak for others, but cement exporting is a large part of my budget, especially since my "social laws" cost quite a bit of money....also, with low prices there is no incentive for any investment in new production infrastructure which in time will cause even more instability in prices...

Free market at work. Concrete is doing well, though - better than bricks.

1. And I am one of those who has cement on the market and I don't like the prices. They are way too high, and I am talking about the construction res.

2. I sell cement in whatever quantities and prices I desire.

3. No news to me. I already saw that, adding a new quantity at the same price stockpiles to your previous quantity. When you see offers or requests like250,000, 350,000, 500,000,(tonns) what's that? Are you calling me a liar? You'd better check out the market more often,you'd be amazed.

4. So what's the whole point asking or offering 500,000 tonnes of smth(yes,500 thousand tonns) if you don't have either the warehouses or the quantity at hand? A game mod would be helpful explaining how things work and why do we see at this point such enormous quantities listed either as offers or requests.

5. So who do you think you are when you initially have a post with a clear intention of manipulating the prices (rising them) and then a second one saying you educate us ? Chill out man. I'm pretty sure you're not The Chosen One here to teach us how to buy res.at your "wishful thinking"prices.

6. Well, as I've said before, I won't buy res.at artificial prices. Now you can relax.

:D

It has already been clarified for you, but you're right I was unclear in my initial reply to you. Currently, your market stock has nothing to do with warehouse storage. So a nation can continually store on the market. On top of that, the resources grouped at a particular price are not only yours. If someone else posts resources at the same price, it simply is added to the supply at that price level.

The way the market worked previously was linked to the amount of warehouses you had, and as Jester clarified, that is currently not the way it works. It however will return from the looks of it. So for those people who have 500k of resources on the market currently, they did not have 500k resources at once to put on. They (and most likely others setting resources at same price) simply kept adding resources at the same price.

Prices went up again, which is awesome but something should be done to prevent these cicles, maybe create OCEC - Organization of Cement Exporting Countries

Can't speak for others, but cement exporting is a large part of my budget, especially since my "social laws" cost quite a bit of money....also, with low prices there is no incentive for any investment in new production infrastructure which in time will cause even more instability in prices...

Kind of why I made this post. And why money was invested to boost prices.

It has already been clarified for you, but you're right I was unclear in my initial reply to you. Currently, your market stock has nothing to do with warehouse storage. So a nation can continually store on the market. On top of that, the resources grouped at a particular price are not only yours. If someone else posts resources at the same price, it simply is added to the supply at that price level.

The way the market worked previously was linked to the amount of warehouses you had, and as Jester clarified, that is currently not the way it works. It however will return from the looks of it. So for those people who have 500k of resources on the market currently, they did not have 500k resources at once to put on. They (and most likely others setting resources at same price) simply kept adding resources at the same price.

You're right about one thing, in alpha the system was different.

1. I built yesterday another 3 warehouses and no change in price(just 1million) or res.required. Now I'vegot 20. So at this point the facts contradict your previous statement.

2. And to cut a long story short, coz it's not my job to be a private detective...but take your time and name me a 100% fullproof game, no exploits, no multiaccounters, no system abuse. And btw, why do you complain about investments and so on, just stockpile them as others do. They don't care about investments so why would you?

3. I'm sure most of you like to buy cheap and sell at absurd prices. That's why the market looks like that. And to be precise, only for construction res.for now, and it's easy to guess why.

4. I won't go on any further, things are just like they are. Let's hope for the better, for a market system where res.are SOLD and not stockpiled. A market is used to sell things,not for other purposes.

You're right about one thing, in alpha the system was different.

1. I built yesterday another 3 warehouses and no change in price(just 1million) or res.required. Now I'vegot 20. So at this point the facts contradict your previous statement.

2. And to cut a long story short, coz it's not my job to be a private detective...but take your time and name me a 100% fullproof game, no exploits, no multiaccounters, no system abuse. And btw, why do you complain about investments and so on, just stockpile them as others do. They don't care about investments so why would you?

3. I'm sure most of you like to buy cheap and sell at absurd prices. That's why the market looks like that. And to be precise, only for construction res.for now, and it's easy to guess why.

4. I won't go on any further, things are just like they are. Let's hope for the better, for a market system where res.are SOLD and not stockpiled. A market is used to sell things,not for other purposes.

1. Well then that's just plain silly.

2. I have no clue what you're referencing here in the first part. I complain about investments because currently, there is literally nothing else to do in this game except to play the building game and maximizing your nation to it's potential. As a cement maker, seeing the market for cement flooded at such low rates is frustrating since the other resources are selling for literally twice what cement goes for. This is most likely due to the fact that more people have cement than the other two, so it has more supply and less demand. However, to have prices at 1/2 what others costs is just too low for my liking. I'm perfectly allowed to raise my concern over it, just as you're perfectly allowed to raise your concern over inflated prices. You can't allow one without the other.

3. That again is in regards to above. People can ONLY literally build their nation. So of course construction resources matter most currently.

4. The market currently does sell. The fact that it wasn't tied to warehouses is a bit concerning since this was something that was an issue in alpha. Playing the game and making the same mistakes as alpha leaves me a bit frustrated.

Warehouses are currently not increasing in price (fix this!) However there is a much greater demand for the refined construction resources as cities now increase the amount needed each time. For example I required 50k of each type for my last upgrade. More demand and a relatively steady supply = rising prices. (I assume supply remains fairly steady as refiners and extractors price scale correctly.)

It's actually a rather nice example of some simple economics!

Warehouses are currently not increasing in price (fix this!) 

The reason for this is scaling of requirements for urban areas. It was felt only 1 was needed, not both.

The reason for this is scaling of requirements for urban areas. It was felt only 1 was needed, not both.

But warehouses also take 10MW of power each - that's about one power plant if you want the 25 to upgrade cities! This makes the upkeep on warehouses the most expensive upkeep I can think of.

No but seriously I think you guys went about that the wrong way. Now we're required to stockpile resources for upgrades that are ridiculously expensive. It may let us stockpile for once, but now it seriously stunts our growth. Its much more expensive to grow than it used to be.

Edited by dane0

No but seriously I think you guys went about that the wrong way. Now we're required to stockpile resources for upgrades that are ridiculously expensive. It may let us stockpile for once, but now it seriously stunts our growth. Its much more expensive to grow than it used to be.

Indeed. I personally don't mind (so far).

But it is pretty expensive.

That would make sense if costs didn't increase on other things as you built more... however things like extractors and refineries increase in cost with each one. Why wouldn't warehouses? Just doesn't make sense.

That would make sense if costs didn't increase on other things as you built more... however things like extractors and refineries increase in cost with each one. Why wouldn't warehouses? Just doesn't make sense.

What we're trying to say is that we understand your intent and kind of agree with it a little. But it just wasn't implemented well. It massively spiked the prices. If we want a game in which some nations can't get to unattainable high levels, then you just created it. It took other nations like 30 days to get a size 1.5 mine. It's now taken me like 30 days just to upgrade my 2nd city to a metropolis. 650mil and 25k of each resource? That's insane.

The top are now the elite and it's gonna be basically impossible to catch up with them.

Edit: Sorry for kind of de-railing this thread but it really needed to be said and it became quite obvious in this topic.

Edited by dane0

The game is meant to be a long term commitment, not a quick thrill. Saving up and working towards developing your nation is all part of it.

The game is in continuous development, so of course there are going to be changes as we go along to ensure that the process is actually balanced.

if you ask me, construction resource prices are already pretty high!!!! 

What we're trying to say is that we understand your intent and kind of agree with it a little. But it just wasn't implemented well. It massively spiked the prices. If we want a game in which some nations can't get to unattainable high levels, then you just created it. It took other nations like 30 days to get a size 1.5 mine. It's now taken me like 30 days just to upgrade my 2nd city to a metropolis. 650mil and 25k of each resource? That's insane.

The top are now the elite and it's gonna be basically impossible to catch up with them.

Edit: Sorry for kind of de-railing this thread but it really needed to be said and it became quite obvious in this topic.

also, what he said :)

I think that brick is the only reasonably priced product currently on the market. Only then by comparison.

10K for each ton of wood is really expensive.