Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kinyodas

Subsidize the Millitary Market!

8 posts in this topic

Since there is no timeline on millitary implimentation, the market has become saturated with raw and refined resources which can not be consumed at this time. Warehouses are bursting at the seams and the market is floodeed with large quantities of materials at blow-out prices! You could say it's a buyers market, but the storage is not there.

Although I am generally opposed to subsidies, I am requesting a buying program from the powers that be to stimulate to production and market for military materials.

I would be willing to build masive quantities of warehouses and purchase the materials at their current price, but storage per 1000 units costs 10MW of electricity.

Any criticisms are welcome; no mom jokes, please.

How about just stop extracting and refining those resources?... That would fix all problems. Price wouldn't go any lower because no one would be selling. Why would some one invest in a resource that isn't usable? You could actually then buy extractors and refineries that produce something of worth. Or you could wait till the war system is built. I could potentially see a "recycling" possibility where you could send resources but get very minimal return. For what reason to create a floor for the market. But I'm thinking like 100$ per resource. So you wont get much.

Good luck with this one...

One huge problem with the market as it is now (since we are all on a trade circle that has a tariff) is that it is possible to list items for sale that nobody can buy.

Until changing trade spheres is implemented, I propose changing the limits so that the minimum at which you can place a sell offer works out to be the minimum at which you could place a buy offer. Every offer on the market should be available to be filled. Otherwise people will just store their military resources in the market until war is implemented, so they can immediately withdraw them for use as they spend what they kept, essentially raising their storage capacity to infinity (or merely doubling it, if the limits on open sell offers is implemented first).

Or you could, you know, stop making military resources and there is literally no problem.

If you dismantle a refinery or extractor, you get a refund?

If you dismantle a refinery or extractor, you get a refund?

I don't think so. However if you do your extractors and refineries will be cheaper for the other resources. You could wait for the war system but god only knows actually he doesnt know when thats gonna be done. Sorry to shoot your idea down, but your idea fixes its temporarily and the time it would take time to implement could be used to fix the problem permanently instead(build the war system). Who knows maybe they will like your idea, but i personally think it will just push the release of the war system further back. Cheers and good luck in your future market sales!

-Zukran

We will not be subsidizing any of the markets. It's completely unnecessary. Prices are low now. They'll rise in the future. If it's a problem, stop making so much of the military goods.

We will not be subsidizing any of the markets. It's completely unnecessary. Prices are low now. They'll rise in the future. If it's a problem, stop making so much of the military goods.

When do you think we'll be able to build things to shoot people with? :nuke: