MurderMostFoul

A Brave New World, 1800 A.D. (Launch Thread, AH, Sign Ups)

261 posts in this topic

** Credit for originality goes towards Trotskyivarian Neo Russia from N.S.**

A Brave New World: 1800 AD

Alternative History

The world has endured much. Perhaps too much. Revolutions, fanaticism, greed, and disunity has wracked the very fabric of human society. Powerful empires have arose and fallen. Rebel groups have forced their mark in the annals of history. And religion holds a powerful sway to the masses. But there may be hope yet.

The rule of the status quo has been challenged, and the old ways may be uprooted by the new. The ideals of Fascism, Capitalism, and Communism, may prove themselves worthy in these times of distress and conflict. And it is up to you, to decide. How will this brave new world turn out?

RPWorldmap_zps8a1e3f5c.png

Map Key:

Red- The Grand French Empire

Blue- The United States of America

Yellow- The Kingdom of Sweden

Orange- The Kingdom of Spain

So lets expand a little on what you guys can already guess. This would be a Alternative role play set at the dawn of the 19th century, admist a world between ages. A world emerging from the Englightment Era, toward the Industrial Revolution. A place of lots of possiblites. Our depature point from natural history is directly at the year of 1800, which would mean any events before hand, are as is. How the years beyond 1800 go, are entirely up to you. 

Besides the early emergence of the ideologies stated earlier, the way in which the nations of the World interact with one another diplomatically, militarily, and economically are up to the discretion of the players. Technology can be developed earlier than expected, or later than expected, depending on the way the player leads their country. The same remains true with the socio-economic systems of their respective countries. Political developments are changed in the same way.

Here is an example of the application that may be used to allocate the nations to players:

NATION NAME:
NATION LEADER:
GOVERNMENT TYPE:
NATIONAL RELIGION:
POPULATION:
MILITARY SIZE:
NAVY SIZE:
IDEOLOGY (Communism, Fascism, or Capitalism): 
FOREIGN POLICY:
DOMESTIC POLICY:
EXTERNAL GOALS (Three Please):
INTERNAL GOALS(Three Please):
WILL YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE AT LEAST ONE POST A DAY:

As far as game mechanics go, I believe a four-thread organization would be the most useful.

- One thread would be the OOC (presumeably this one).

- The second would handle diplomacy, external events and any inter-nation messages, telegrams, letters or personal communiques directed in-game.

- The third would direct internal events affecting a players particular nation i.e (internal revolution, civil war, daily economic/technological progress, propoganda).

- Lastly, the fourth would handle any war and battle developments between two or more players and parties. 

Rules & Regulations

1. All players must use proper grammar, spelling, and format

2. All players must respect the OP's word of law. This includes the OP's Deputies.

3. No Godmodding, etc 

4. This is an Alternate History roleplay. Events can be modified, but remain factual and in reality.

5. Realism is key to this RP

6. Place posts in the correct thread

7. Wars must have clear meaning and purpose. Diplomacy should be considered before declaring.

8. One post a day is mandatory. Exceptions will be considered by the OP. Alert the OP via telegram, preferably a day before the fact.

9. There is no rating or limit to the graphicness and discription in posts. Simply be consciencious and adult to this fact.

10. Be fair, be adult, and most of all, have some fun!

General Information

Taken Nations

1. The United States of America---> Taken by Joediplomate

2. The Grand French Empire----> Taken by MurderMostFoul

3. The Kingdom of Sweden ----> Taken by Ax3hunter

4. The Kingdom of Spain ----> Taken by Macaroni

Reserved Nations

Edited by MurderMostFoul

I don't understand. Maybe I'm just a little slow, but are we to make up details or use our game stats for this, because I don't have a military since its not an option yet. How does this work?

On a side note I'd actually like to see a map of the countries in the game. I know it was done in Alpha, but I don't know by who or how it was done.

I don't understand. Maybe I'm just a little slow, but are we to make up details or use our game stats for this, because I don't have a military since its not an option yet. How does this work?

On a side note I'd actually like to see a map of the countries in the game. I know it was done in Alpha, but I don't know by who or how it was done.

Great question. The start up stats for countries will be circa 19th centurty. Population, military, and ther socio-economic factors will depend on rounded factual information. So it does invovle a little research on the players part. 

I will be sure to update a map as soon as possible. Finding out which country is playable is simple enough: If it will be taking the role of a major power at the start, it must have already been a nation-state prior to the year 1800 in real history. So, if you fancy Napoleonic France, the burgeoning United States, Czarist Russia, Imperial Britian, or one of the Asian-hermit kingdoms, feel free to have at it.

For those of us who enjoy a more customizeable play-throughs, players will be allowed to construct their own nation, city-state, principality in the RP. The only limitations being that it must be historically feasible, and that it naturally begins in a reduced state in relation to landmass, military power, and political influence.

Again as for the map, eventually, it will look something like this: 

http://i.imgur.com/zrDkARz.png   <--- thats based of an old rp 

Edited by MurderMostFoul

So I would like to customize my nation rather than just copy history. SO how would I go at it? Should I customize my stats based on my nation here to the requirements you have posted above? Since most of the math is done for me, and since we don't have any research being developed can't say we are a very sophisticated group of countries. (Unless you have been here since Alpha)

I will keep looking on about the map and how this alternate history plays out. I'm very intrigued by it.

So I would like to customize my nation rather than just copy history. SO how would I go at it? Should I customize my stats based on my nation here to the requirements you have posted above? Since most of the math is done for me, and since we don't have any research being developed can't say we are a very sophisticated group of countries. (Unless you have been here since Alpha)

I will keep looking on about the map and how this alternate history plays out. I'm very intrigued by it.

I think I know what your asking, so I'll give it my best shot at answering.

Since this is a non-PT related RP, your PT nation won't directly be used for anything in the RP. Statistics in and about your PT nation are kinda null and void in the RP, since the setting is circa 19th century. Basically, just fill this out:

NATION NAME:

NATION LEADER:

GOVERNMENT TYPE:

NATIONAL RELIGION:

POPULATION:

MILITARY SIZE:

NAVY SIZE:

IDEOLOGY (Communism, Fascism, or Capitalism): 

FOREIGN POLICY:

DOMESTIC POLICY:

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE AT LEAST ONE POST A DAY:

LAND REQUEST:

FOR CUSTOM NATIONS

Add a brief history and origin of your nation:

Select a geographic location where your nation is:

As for the map, I'm trying to find the original, uncolored version of the picture I linked earlier. Once applications begin coming in, I can then update the map accordingly. 

Edited by MurderMostFoul

Ok cool let me take a crack at it. Let me do a bit of research on 19th century country development so I could see what I should be listing in my stats as a nation in that time. Will get back to you soon.

Ok I think I have it. I decided after all to just use the United States and not to custom design my own nation. Check this over. Did all the research so hope this is filled out correctly for RP purposes..

NATION NAME: United States
NATION LEADER: Thomas Jefferson
GOVERNMENT TYPE: Republic
NATIONAL RELIGION: Christian (Protestant / Catholic)
POPULATION: 5.3 Million
MILITARY SIZE: 4,436 (service men)
NAVY SIZE: 30+ (ships)
IDEOLOGY (Communism, Fascism, or Capitalism): Capitalist
FOREIGN POLICY: Trade / Expansion
DOMESTIC POLICY: Industrialization / Expansion
1) Expansion
2) Trade
3) Alliances
1) Slavery (Abolition vs. Slavery)
2) Creation and acceptance of new States (also expansion)
3) Building an east to west railroad
WILL YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE AT LEAST ONE POST A DAY: Yes

NATION NAME:La Grand Empire Français
NATION LEADER: Napoléon Bonaparte 
GOVERNMENT TYPE:Autocratic-Fascist Monarchy

NATIONAL RELIGION: Roman Catholicism (Protestantism, Islam, and Judaism can be practicted, with penalties)

POPULATION:30 million 

MILITARY SIZE: 200,000 professional Regulars mobilized, with 300,000 Regular volunteers in reserve. Wartime conscription can raise this to 3 million if required without straining the nations resources.

NAVY SIZE: 315 vessels all told. 110 Ships of the Line, 105 Auxilary ships, 100 Merchant vessels, 

IDEOLOGY (Communism, Fascism, or Capitalism): Fascism

FOREIGN POLICY: 
-Futher the economic, political, social, and military needs of the Empire through mutual benificial contact with foreign nations.
-Seek out, produce and maintain relations with like-minded Fascistic and Imperial states in order to maintain hegemony against any other ideology.
-Provide a good basis for diplomacy to all nations, so long as such basis is opertune to the benifit of the Empire

DOMESTIC POLICY:
- Anti-Marxism, Anti-Liberalism, Anti-Democratic, promoter of Nationalism. Economic, Political, and Social freedoms are acceptable so long as they confrom to, benifit and further the Imperial ideology. Individual needs are subordinate to those of the wider community.

-The establishment and supremacy of Fascist-Imperial Theory in the French state and in neighboring regions. 
-The furtherment and expansion of La Grand Empire Français through politics, economics, warfare, or assimilation. Preferably non-violent, but violent means are acceptable and expected.
- The establishment of La Grand Empire Français as the dominent force in Continental Europe

- The continuation of popular support of Fascist-Imperial Theory and the Empire from the populance, preferably of free will but from subjigation if neccesary.
-The development of technology and the expansion from an Agrarian based economy, to an Industrialized one.
- Achieving a productive, dominant Imperial nation-state that will last a thousand years

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE AT LEAST ONE POST A DAY: Naturally
Requested land: Historical French land, colonies, and occupied claims circa. 1800. 

Your app is accepted, and your nation will be reserved for you once the game begins. I would ask that if you know anyone who likes to RP, that you drop'em a line and try to get them intriguied in this. The more people we get, the faster the RP can start, and the better it will be.

Edited by MurderMostFoul

I didn't know I could request land. In that case could I request the addition of all American territories as of 1800?

I didn't know I could request land. In that case could I request the addition of all American territories as of 1800?

If you mean all United States territories, that was default when you asked to be the U.S., so you get those anyway. If you mean all of North America, that would be a little crazy. Even for a Alternative History RP.

Land request is mainly for additional lands than the ones already provided. Like my Canadian portion.

Ah ok then. Like I was talking about Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Midway Islands. Most of these were seized in the 1800's but if they are implied with the territories than we are good.

I'll be sure to have an updated map, with countries and color codes up by tomorrow morning.

I might be interested, planning the play as Sweden

Always apperciate new players. Hope you find it to your liking.

Edited by MurderMostFoul

I don't appreciate random people I don't know and have no connection to contacting me begging for players for their RP thread.

Map now updated. 

I don't appreciate random people I don't know and have no connection to contacting me begging for players for their RP thread.

Thank you for letting me know how you feel. I'll be sure not to contact you again. 

Edited by MurderMostFoul

Okay then, let's go:

NATION NAME: Kingdom of Sweden
NATION LEADER: Gustav IV Adolf
GOVERNMENT TYPE: Absolute monarchy
NATIONAL RELIGION: Christianity
POPULATION: 3.4 Million
MILITARY SIZE:  20.000 Servicemen
NAVY SIZE: 200 Ships (11 are ships of the line, at least 3 Frigates)
IDEOLOGY (Communism, Fascism, or Capitalism): Capitalism
FOREIGN POLICY:

Prevent Russia from taking Finland 

choose to side whether with Napoleon or the British 

Try to find a middle ground between the Jacobins who is trying to make Sweden a Constitutional Monarchy
DOMESTIC POLICY:

Industrialize the nation 

make sure to urbanize the population in both Sweden and Finland

-make sure Finland stays in Swedish Hands

-check on Russia to make sure that they don't do anything that threatens Swedish Interests

-at least ally the country with either Napoleon or the British Empire

-initialize the Industralisation of Sweden, moving from an agricultural society to an industrialized one

-find a compromise between the Jacobins on the issue of the monarchy (if no middle ground is found then support the Absolute monarchy)

(sorry cannot find a third one)

LAND REQUEST: none besides these: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/Swedish_Empire_1789.svg

and and Murder, didn't the British took Canada from the French during the 7 years war?

you forget to add Finland into the empire

Edited by Ax3hunter

Okay then, let's go:

NATION NAME: Kingdom of Sweden

NATION LEADER: Gustav IV Adolf

GOVERNMENT TYPE: Absolute monarchy

NATIONAL RELIGION: Christianity

POPULATION: 3.4 Million

MILITARY SIZE:  20.000 Servicemen

NAVY SIZE: 200 Ships (11 are ships of the line, at least 3 Frigates)

IDEOLOGY (Communism, Fascism, or Capitalism): Capitalism

FOREIGN POLICY:

Prevent Russia from taking Finland 

choose to side whether with Napoleon or the British 

Try to find a middle ground between the Jacobins who is trying to make Sweden a Constitutional Monarchy

DOMESTIC POLICY:

Industrialize the nation 

make sure to urbanize the population in both Sweden and Finland

-make sure Finland stays in Swedish Hands

-check on Russia to make sure that they don't do anything that threatens Swedish Interests

-at least ally the country with either Napoleon or the British Empire

-initialize the Industralisation of Sweden, moving from an agricultural society to an industrialized one

-find a compromise between the Jacobins on the issue of the monarchy (if no middle ground is found then support the Absolute monarchy)

(sorry cannot find a third one)

LAND REQUEST: none besides these: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/Swedish_Empire_1789.svg

and and Murder, didn't the British took Canada from the French during the 7 years war?

you forget to add Finland into the empire

Accepted.

From what I know, Nepoleonic France had possessions in Canada, and the map illustration is pretty accurate to my knowledge.

well let me show you the 7 years war then, and how Canada become British Territory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Years'_War

Focus on the territorial changes, and here's New France: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_France BTW, the British took only Canada, the French South (AKA Lousiana) is still French Territory, and the Louisiana purchase happened during 1803 where the French (somehow) got the Midwest of the United States.

and the US might be a bit bigger than it seems: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:United-states-territorial-acquistions-midcentury.png

you might wanna change the borders a bit

Edited by Ax3hunter

The 4th Map update done. 

I would suggest that we try to get the word out about this RP, or else it may have to start understrength.

Edited by MurderMostFoul

Agreed could we advertise it in some way? I think your alliance has more members than mine does at present. Would anyone be interested in RP? I will message my alliance members to do the same. One of them already posted a nation.

Edited by Joediplomat

I agree with Joe, we need to advertise the Rp in some way or another. For this play to be interesting we need (at least in my opinion)

-Qing China

-Japan

-Korea

-Prussia

-Russia

-The south, and central American nations (which is still Portugese: Brazil and Spanish Colonies: the rest)

-Central Asia (Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgystan) historically these nations have been a target for both Russian and British Colonisation

-Austria

-Spain

-the Italian States (at this time the nation of Italy has not been formed, but you can play as one of the Italian states and unify Italy)

-and Britain (for obvious reasons)

Edited by Ax3hunter

I'd like to play as Spain. I read through all the other posts here (that was  lot of reading)  I couldn't find any numbers to even approximate the size of the Spanish army during this time. I was able to find the history but no numbers to accommodate the purpose of the RP.

Also, the Spanish Empire at that time was pretty big and encompassed a lot of land. Would I have all that land? Some land was even in multiple empires at different periods. How does that work?

Edited by Macaroni

I'd like to play as Spain. I read through all the other posts here (that was  lot of reading)  I couldn't find any numbers to even approximate the size of the Spanish army during this time. I was able to find the history but no numbers to accommodate the purpose of the RP.

Also, the Spanish Empire at that time was pretty big and encompassed a lot of land. Would I have all that land? Some land was even in multiple empires at different periods. How does that work?

You would obtain all Spanish dominons as of the year 1800. I could look into the stats for you, and get back to you with the specifics tomorrow.

Thanks. I would appreciate that. I just couldn't find the size of the military.

And as for the land I was just curious, because I know the Spanish empire was the 2nd largest and therefore might require more land given away than most people would get, and I don't want it to be unfair.