MurderMostFoul

A Brave New World, 1800 A.D. (Launch Thread, AH, Sign Ups)

261 posts in this topic

Not that I want this RP to end. But I'm curious is there an end to the RP at all? I don't know if this is something we ever really thought about. I mean even in RPG's we don't want to fight wars, but they are the only thing that makes such games interesting. And lets face it, we are colonizing the Arctic because we colonized everywhere else already. So this thinking brought me to two conclusions: 1) we have a huge war headed our way for land and resources (however, even wars can't last forever and in this case, a huge war for land would result in lands being taken, empire's shrinking and then returning to a state of peace and re-colonization like we are doing now), and 2) we just agree to end the game on the grounds that for the time spent in the RP we have achieved world peace. (Maybe we should make that the end goal of the game? (In put would be appreciated on this.)  So if we can establish world peace the game can end.

We might have world peace now, but we are still colonizing lands and making land trades, and lets face it, some tension remains between our nations. But I think its important to set the terms in which this RP can end on a successful note rather than just seeing a drop off of players as we have had in the past.

Anyone else also feeling this??

Establishing end goal sounds interesting, so for example who ever controls 80 of the worlds land wins the RP game or something like that.

Also maybe we should speed up the time so we go thought the ages quicker so its more exciting. 

​Also if we start over maybe we should start will different map, like 1939 or 2000, maybe this will attract more players. 

Edited by Ahovking

I like your idea of starting a new map in a new era such as 1939 or 2000.

If we make the end goal owning the most land though I think then you would win the RP. (That's fine) but that would leave Varspasian with basically nothing, because there is no way he can get a large enough empire in such a short time.

We have done large scale negotiations before. I think the World Peace thing is worth a shot, we can arrange our days for diplomacy, and start negotiating on the terms. Once the terms have been reached and confirmed I can make a final map update to show what the world would look like under world peace.

The "Whoever owns more Land" way would mean that the big empires would claim the victory. 

I will write the number of countries each empire has under its colonization:

Spain = 39 nations

Russia = 43 nations

Ottoman Empire = 15 nations + the island of Crete (which is a part of Greece) (could be rounded up to 16 nations) (Ottoman Empire also has a Canary, Azores and Cape Verde Islands)

The United States = 15 nations + some of the Pacific Islands like Midway, Guam

England = 34 nations including 3 Chinese port city colonies, and a string of islands off of South America, and the Pacific Marianas

France = 6 nations

So Russia would win under these terms. Congratulations, you have the largest Empire.

But lets give world peace a try and see if we can agree on terms.

And like I said, I support starting a new map and possibly different eras.

If you want to move faster with the time, lets move to 1 post = 1 year. It will probably be longer posts on our end but time will move quicker and hopefully we get through more of the century.

Edited by Joediplomat

I agree with you guys an end goal should be established to ensure that the RP does end eventually. I like the 1 post = 1 year idea. I will continue checking in to see what you guys come up with.

I also support the idea of creating a new RP and Map for different RPs such as the 1939 scenario as Ahovking suggested.

A few points

I agree staring a new 1939 map would be a good idea with clear multiple goals on how to win RP.

Also maybe we can have a deadline in our current game and end it by 1820, I don't think there should be any winners however, Russia has the largest alliances and the largest empire, think we should just call it a draw, and come up with Goals for the next game.

When staring a new map we should inbox past players Nd somehow get the message out to new players.

Totally agree. Sounds good to me. I'm thinking that after this RP I am going to stop for a little while. I spend a lot of time after work on my computer for the RP. It would be like a short vacation for me if I didn't start up a new one right away. I'm thinking that maybe after the new year the new RP should start. I say that because for Christmas and New Years I will be away anyhow so I won't be taking part until I get back. Is that ok with you guys?

So I have been thinking. Its December already. I will be unavailable to play the RP from the week before Christmas through New Years because of the rush of the holidays. I am thinking of stopping the RP for a while.

Ahovking - You have posted some map images once in a while, I'm confident you can post a map update if you need to. If you need help you can always PM me, and I will post a blank map for you to copy and use. You could also always use one of our last map updates and just upgrade the map from there.

I am going to stop playing unfortunately. With things that are going on, at work and personally I think its best that I stop playing and give my time to other more important things. This RP does take a lot of time away from me accomplishing other things and I always have to plan around setting time aside for posting news here. I have done way more in the RP than I thought possible, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing with you guys. In my opinion this RP was a successful one. I don't know if Macaroni and Sparx will continue or not. Last time we spoke, they were on the same path as me and were thinking of leaving the game with me. Especially since we are cousins and are  around for the holidays, the three of us have basically the same schedules, and it has become difficult for us to log in daily to keep up. (Especially when the RP is on the brink of war, missing one post is detrimental to our nations and we feel its best to bow out gracefully, and also to quit before we cataclysmically destroy our nations through negligence.)

Hope you guys (Varspasian and Ahovking) understand. Sorry to have to leave you guys. Hit me up if you ever decide to create a new RP in the future as I would be interested in playing if my schedule allows. I will be sure to do likewise.

Thanks for making this a good RP.

***(I WILL MAKE ONE FINAL MAP UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS EITHER TODAY OR TOMORROW. THIS WAY YOU HAVE THE MOST RECENT MAP DISPLAY TO CONTINUE WORKING WITH.)***

-Joe

P.S.

I will be around for a few days, just to make sure you all got this message, so I will immediately see anything posted, but I will not make a news post or anything on the other threads.

Also, Ahovking, you are a good strategic player. Probably the best I have played any game with in a while. You really made me think hard about what kind of negotiations we talked about in the RP. No one has given me that much of an enjoyable challenge in quite some time. I thank you for that. You made a worthy adversary playing the game as a super aggressive Russia. (I just felt I should mention that.)

Varspasian - Its awesome you joined us. I was cool playing with you. I wish you had joined earlier so I could have interacted more with the Ottoman Empire. Still you played hard and established a good strong empire with good alliances. You are a solid RP player. I hope that if we should ever get together for another RPG that you join us.

Edited by Joediplomat

"I am proud to have lived in such enlightened times of glorious empires and nations. I salute those leaders that lead their nations through the darkness into the light, and I send them a final farewell before I meet my long awaited fate." - Sultan Al-Quraish(Quarish) 1754-1815

The RP was really fun, and I enjoyed reading the posts everyday! I hope accomplish your goals now that you won't be playing. Hopefully someday also there'll be a new RP and it'd be awesome to have you there!

Best of luck,
Varspasian

Its been a amazing time, I've loved playing this RP, and next year I hope we all can start another 1800s map (i feel like Russia rise to quickly) or maybe start another 1939 map or a 1920 map,

I cant get over how fun it has been and thank you all,

Vespasian its up to you if we should continue playing or stop and have a Break and come back next year.

I'm planing on starting a New threat sometime year next year if anyone was wondering so if your interested be sure your looking outfit it.

I wouldn't mind continuing the RP, but it seems that it'd just be the two of us (Me and Ahovking) so I don't exactly see how we'd be able to effectively do the RP with just two.