MurderMostFoul

A Brave New World, 1800 A.D. (Launch Thread, AH, Sign Ups)

261 posts in this topic

No, when I went to google I clicked on a map of Algeria.
Algiers I believe is in the part I highlighted for you, because the city of Oran is just to the east of Algiers. I think its correct.

This is the map I looked at:
"http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Joediplomat/media/dataVLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4MrDupgMbY4eeEb3HVEzBOdrtVIyNtpWY2VRcjLmdEjZBxG4NPZnC67jRXk8mqyTGnqy2lGbBInD3AmAOpJO6K2sd_zps2b4b4bd9.png.html"

I also realized I made a mistake when coloring in Portugal. The top left elbow of the Iberian Peninsular where Spain is situated is actually part of Spain not Portugal. Its a minor change barely noticeable. No other territory was affected. I also updated the Map as far as British colonization of Canadian British Colombia. I check the threads multiple times a day and re-read posts to make sure I'm making appropriate and as accurate changes I can make. If anyone catches a mistake please let me know and tell me what needs to be changed and I will do my best...

Here is the Updated Map:
 "http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Joediplomat/media/UpdatedPTRPMap1_zps16c9d0eb.png.html"

(This updated map includes the transfer of all territories from battlesrevolutions for independence, and land purchases as well. I hope its to everyone's satisfaction.)

Here are the colors, Players and countries on the updated map:
Claimed Countries:
Blue = The United States (played by Joediplomat)
Yellow = Kingdom of Sweden - Finland (played by Ax3hunter)
Green = British Empire (played by Sparx1)
Orange = Spanish Empire (played by Macaroni)
Red = France (played by MurderMostFoul)
Turquoise = Portuguese Empire (played by Varun)

Reserved countries:
Russian Empire = Dark Red (Reserved for Steodonn?)

Independent Countries = Brown

Edited by Joediplomat

By the way Varun. You shouldn't worry about making allies with anyone. Britain and Portugal signed an alliance since the 1400 and the alliance still holds even today.

Edited by Ax3hunter

Just wrote it as i could not think of another goal

Joe i was wondering why usa has got philiphines,and i don't think they till now have those western territories.By the way for your help with the spanish,i can get those french cleared out

Edited by Varun

Just before you started playing the RP The United States and Spain were at war and a few days before you joined us the war was finished and the United Stated took the Philippines and Cuba in the treaty. And in Mexico's independence they sold us the western half of the country. As for the French, I would like help clearing them out of the Midwest. Although, just an FYI: inactive nations (people who were playing and then stopped) will resort to doing what really happened in history. So if the person playing as France never came back by 1801-1802 I would have the Louisiana Purchase anyway. But if you think I can acquire it sooner with your help, I'm all ears. We can discuss it in the diplomacy thread.

Hey guys. The Conflict thread is incredibly busy which isn't a bad thing, but for 1) I am updating the map a lot so I think battles need to be spread out a little bit so every day I am not posting 3 map updates, and 2) I am noticing that Varun is already in May. I think we need to slow down just a bit, because as far as I know I don't think any of us are close to finishing April 1800 yet. Also Varun- take into account travel times in the rp. For future reference a minimum of 3 weeks time needs to pass for trans-Atlantic crossings and pacific crossings I would double. I think just slowing down travel times and keeping everything happening in a 1 month time span is good. I am preparing to update the map for our conflict battles in Africa and South America but I doubt you want me to flood this thread with 3-4+ map updates a day.
So I think its a good idea if
1) we all post with in a 3 day difference of each other. (Example: Ax3hunter posts March 17th. Someone else has to post no later than March 20th. This way things stay together.)
2) We take into account travel times for ships and troops. Doesn't have to be long waits as 3 days real time should equal about 1 week rp time so this way we can work things out more effectively.

Updated Map
http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Joediplomat/media/ProjectTerraMapUpdateAlpha_zps32646015.png.html

Edited by Joediplomat

Roger that. And where's Steodonn? i know he wants to play as Russia from what i know

I don't know where he is. I messaged him a while ago. Around the same time I was pming Murder. But he didn't respond either except for the one post he wrote about he did plan on coming back. That didn't happen. Maybe I will change the updated map post and change their stats to inactive. Maybe they will come back, maybe someone else will want to fill in for them.

Ok I am updating the Map and inactive status of players

France=Red (played by MurderMost Foul) inactive no player as of current
United States=Indigo Blue (played by Joediplomat
Kingdom of Sweden=Yellow (played by Ax3hunter)
British Empire=Green (played by Sparx1)
Portuguese Empire= Turquoise (played by Varun)
Spanish Empire=Orange (played by Macaroni)
Russia=Dark Red (played by Steodonn) inactive no player as of current
Independent Nations=Brown (no players as of current)

Updated map:

"http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Joediplomat/media/ProjectTerraMapUpdateAlpha_zpsfae963d0.png.html"

can we have an update on the map please?

Certainly, I was waiting to see what would happen land wise. I will post the updated map in a few moments.
England, Portugal, Spain and The United States have been racing for land it seems. Well England is colonizing large countries with large provinces, but really they haven't expanded much except for South Africa. Portugal is on Fire taking territory almost daily, Spain is getting back into the race for colonies and the US is claiming its midsection and parts of Canada. I did add your territory in Tunisia as well. Although you have mainly focused on small grabs in North Africa, I think its safe to say the race of empires is on, perhaps try to grab some larger territorial claims.

>One reason why I waited this long to post the map update is to give everyone enough time to claim lands, this way I'm not updating small gains, but rather larger quantities of territories for everyone. I might allow four days to pass before every map update on a regular basis just to allow people to organize and claim new territory without pressure on myself to change it every day or so. 

Updated Map:

"http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Joediplomat/media/ProjectTerraMapUpdateAlpha_zpse449d0be.png.html"

France=Red (played by MurderMost Foul) inactive no player as of current
United States=Indigo Blue (played by Joediplomat
Kingdom of Sweden=Yellow (played by Ax3hunter)
British Empire=Green (played by Sparx1)
Portuguese Empire= Turquoise (played by Varun)
Spanish Empire=Orange (played by Macaroni)
Russia=Dark Red (played by Steodonn) inactive no player as of current
Independent Nations=Brown (no players as of current)

Edited by Joediplomat

you forgot to add egypt and palestine as French territory (read my headlines)

And sparx told me he didn't has troops in South Africa,that's why i am waiting till they reach him and i start action.So remove all his territory accept south Africa

Edited by Varun

-I will message Sparx and tell him to edit his posts regarding South Africa. Sorry for the Mix up.

-As for France, sorry I must have forgotten that post.

I will make the appropriate changes.
Hope this map is better. Sorry for all that.

http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/Joediplomat/media/ProjectTerraMapUpdateAlpha2_zps6961fb60.png.html

Edited by Joediplomat

remember people that there are still natural barriers. Joe if you want to find a way to the Indian and you want to cross the Sahara, remember that there are very limited methods in getting through the sahara without getting you killed (the locals might be a good guide) and how are you suppose to find and build a colony off the coast of the Sahara? the people still can't transform sea water to pure water so that will be a problem.

good thinking. Let me edit my post. Didn't think about the natural barriers.

Just a heads up to everyone....I will be away again tomorrow into Sunday.

I don't know what time tomorrow I am leaving but I will post an updated version of the map in the morning. So if anyone is interested in making some territorial claims while I am around to read them please do so. I can update the map today and upload it tomorrow.

Yeah. The Congo, Cameroon, and straight up to nigeria is Swedish territory we are raising outposts and negotiating with the locals about annexing their tribe to the Swedish Empire

here's a pic (sorry couldn't find a painting software)

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/ax3hunter/media/ProjectTerraMapUpdateAlpha2_zps3188d7c1.png.html

here's a link for you people who doesn't know African warfare. Turns out they do have gunpowder weapons (albeit very primitive ones compared to the europeans)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_military_systems_to_1800#The_coming_of_the_gun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_military_systems_to_1800#The_warrior_hosts_of_Kongo

Edited by Ax3hunter

Hey Kongo and Cameroon are mine I have 11000 troops there.You shall take anything north of Cameroon.And I got in Canada Manitoba,Ontario,Nuvanut and Just a strip of north-West territories to allow me a passage to Alaska.

Sounds like a war will break out over Africa. As for Alaska, it is owned by the Russians. And The United States plans on buying it from them to complete out North American Conquest.

I know that but Alaska is important for me to have an outpost near Asia.Maybe you can give me Hawaii for it?And checkout the dates I had Cameroon and Congo like 20 days before her.

@Varun: Looks like we'll be fighting a colonial war then. Since now both Sweden has captured a city and you're claiming lands there

and besides i'm only taking the coastal areas and you got the heartland

EDIT: Sorry, Libreville is in Gabon

EDIT: SORRY AGAIN I Forgot my timing for the Rp. It's now May the 26th

Edited by Ax3hunter

Unfortunately I do not see the post (like Ax3hunter says) about anything in North Africa. I got your posts about Angola and Mozambique. And colored your appropriate territory. Unless I missed the one about the Congo and Cameroon. I will continue looking for it... but at this point since two countries are claiming the same land, (regardless of who posted the first claim) If two people claim the same land usually an treaty or war will follow.

(However, to satisfy my curiosity I will keep looking for your post. Maybe I did miss it. But if I did I should have known when I posted the update of the map)

As for our Concern with Alaska. I have a colony just off of Asia (the Philippines) and I recently took Taiwan. I could trade you Taiwan for Alaska being left alone until the US buys it. Taiwan is the closet you can get to Asia without being on the mainland.

Found it: 

May 13th-16th,Angola

The men were thinking what for had they been placed in a hot hell as there supplies were running low.Just then came the british.He told the commander that British Reinforcements arrive.So the army of 11000 heads north. locals were never a problem with our guns.In fact they were good targets for food supplies.The men are exhausted by night.So they camp by river Congo.They set of at dawn again.By night they are near Cameroon.The next day the grand army reaches an city of the people of Cameroon.There men openly rebel but are no match for such a large army.Cameroon is ours now.The commander decides that it is enough and stops here.

OOC: You know Angola to Cameroon is quite a stretch and the army needs time to march. But i'll let it slip for now. Now onto negotiations or to war (Choices Choices) and besides Lake Kariba is nowhere near Cameroon (google earth does wonders)

Edited by Ax3hunter

I just saw it too. My apologies Varun. That was a post I actually never saw.

I will change the color to a neutral color. when you guys are done with the negotiations I will change the land to who ever agreed to take it.

Just for the Record, the United States has an alliance with both Portugal and Sweden. So I didn't foresee a war between you two since I thought you had different territorial goals, but if you go to war to honor my alliance with each I will have to be neutral.