Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Micheal Malone

Resources & Market

4 posts in this topic

There are multiple things wrong with the market page.

The first is that it takes multiple clicks to get to where you want to go. Next is that everything is... crunched to fit into space. Thirdly, it takes forever to load, and my guess is part of that is due to the fact that it's making the six different calls at the same time (hence why they seem to pop up one at a time).

Here's my suggestion. As we can already force refresh of single panels, why not have a single well layed-out panel, and let us select which resource we want to work with, then pull the data for it from a click. By doing this we alleviate some server load which should speed up load time, as well as have a more manageable and astheticly pleasing interface.

I imagine a dropdown for the resource, then a click to pull data. Then we handle our business like normal. And it can all happen on a single page instead of clicking back and forth to get to different types of resources.

I don't know about you and your experiences, but I have had litterally no problems with the market page. With the old layout the resources sometimes just wouldn't load, at all. And on the new layout, the market page I easy to navigate.

Then again, I am usually on my phone, which it seems what the new layout was designed for.

Then you must be lucky. Every visit to the resource market for me, for instance construction, takes on average 30 seconds for the page to load fully. Not only that, it's definitely not organized asthetically. It looks like things are too wide for their current setup and are floating below.

YORRE2Y.png

Now, if that was taken down to one box, and where the resource name was instead a dropdown for you to select which resource you wanted. It then pulls the data you need, and then you operate as normal. That would allow for multiple enhancements. More space, increase font size for the resources. Better layout and spacing of the buy/sell buttons and sections.

And of course, the biggest enhancement would be the time needed to get what you want done. As it stands now you have to wait 30 seconds or more on average to have a fully loaded market page that you can interact with.

Edited by Micheal Malone

And of course, the biggest enhancement would be the time needed to get what you want done. As it stands now you have to wait 30 seconds or more on average to have a fully loaded market page that you can interact with.

I don't agree with this, as when I open the construction page, I deal with all 6 resources, so if I'd have to open each of the 6 resources separately, I'd only lose time if this were implemented. If I need to deal with 1 resource I just click the refresh button on the one single resource, even though of course that means having the tab opened and all 6 loaded earlier. If anything, let the 6 resources stay, but then not load on default, but let each resource load only after you press the refresh button on it. I imagine that'd put a roughly equal amount of strain on the server compared to having to go to a separate page for each resource as you're proposing, without requiring the extra navigation.

How much you can see depends on your resolution. Using 1920x1080 usually, I can see all 6 resources and all buttons for them on the screen. But when I can't it doesn't bother me that much, as I don't need the info about concrete when I'm doing clay trades. But I'd still like updating the clay trade offers while waiting for concrete to load instead of doing one at a time.