Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruwakh

Attachments

6 posts in this topic

Hello PT,

I'm probably an idiot for not figuring this out by myself.

What is the easiest way to attach images and documents to posts made on the forum? I know how to link external images, but can I upload any here?

I've found the manage attachments tab under my control panel - settings -, but I can't seem to find any way to actually upload anything.

I've also found the My Media button in the text editor, but I can't seem to use that for anything either.

So, how to upload pics/docs to the forum so I can add them to posts (without running the risk of having whatever website I host them on delete them)?

Thanks!

I highly doubt that Chris has that enabled for general users. It's an IPB Forum App (that I think comes natively, I know Non Grata in CN has it but we don't have it turned on for general users), but most forums won't use it because it's a massive waste of their server space and they can't really control what goes on it until it's already uploaded.

Edit: Just use Dropbox or Google Drive, or even just imgur for photos.

Edited by dane0

I highly doubt that Chris has that enabled for general users. It's an IPB Forum App (that I think comes natively, I know Non Grata in CN has it but we don't have it turned on for general users), but most forums won't use it because it's a massive waste of their server space and they can't really control what goes on it until it's already uploaded.

Edit: Just use Dropbox or Google Drive, or even just imgur for photos.

Ah. That makes perfect sense. I'll try and find another way then. Thanks dane0!

Get the url of the image and post {option} tags on the url. IE:

[ i m g ] imagelink [ / i m g ]

Without the spaces.

Get the url of the image and post {option} tags on the url. IE:

[ i m g ] imagelink [ / i m g ]

Without the spaces.

He was asking for a host, not how to post images. He even specifically stated that he knows to how to link external images.

Edited by dane0

Dane0 is right. But I nevertheless appreciate you taking the time to try and help out, Fox Fire.