Divair

Is this game even worked on any more?

65 posts in this topic

We don't know that for sure. For example, a while ago there were several bugs which suddenly got fixed out of no where (except for the inbox-bug). I think this indicates that at least something is happening over there.

My issue is less with whats not happening, and more about a lack of communication. I realize people get busy, and that's fine. But you open a game up to the publis - you have an obligation to keep that community informed of what or what's not going on. They have failed to do that. That's a hallmark of unprofessionalism.

My issue is less with whats not happening, and more about a lack of communication. I realize people get busy, and that's fine. But you open a game up to the publis - you have an obligation to keep that community informed of what or what's not going on. They have failed to do that. That's a hallmark of unprofessionalism.

I have to agree. At the very least it's odd to revive PT and then neglect it from the start but it would be fine if they kept communicating with their playerbase.

Jesus dude, go play a different game if this is so "unprofessional" for you.

This isn't a professional game for Chris. It doesn't make him money. It's not his job. He has a life and a wife. A job. He has things he needs to do. He does this for fun. He doesn't owe ******** to us.

This isn't a professional game for Chris. It doesn't make him money. It's not his job. He has a life and a wife. A job. He has things he needs to do. He does this for fun. He doesn't owe ******** to us.

I have all these things but it doesn't stop me from hopping on the forum to post every once in awhile, and I'm just a player not an admin or owner. xD It's just a matter of courtesy not a lack of professionalism. Though I can see why the community has almost died before if there are more people like you around, which there are. Lol Such a friendly and helpful bloke you are, eh?

*Player shows concern for game.*

*Old Guard Tells him to leave.*

What a joke. I feel sorry for the owner. Go fall on a punji stick.

Edited by Prussia

Did you see how long it took you to type that? It's that easy for Admin to post "Hey, I'm busy with RL...etc;"

Stop being a fanboi. I can't really accept that this game already has people who rabidly defend the game no matter what logic or facts are presented. It's a "hallmark" of a virgin.

Did you see how long it took you to type that? It's that easy for Admin to post "Hey, I'm busy with RL...etc;"

Stop being a fanboi. I can't really accept that this game already has people who rabidly defend the game no matter what logic or facts are presented. It's a "hallmark" of a virgin.

I'm gonna reply to this in two parts.

1. Bahahahahaha. Holy ********. Are you really such a neckbeard that you have to resent to calling someone a virgin? Jesus dude. We're not in high school here. We can all act like grown men, or women, or whatever you want to identify as, but damn, please don't identify as some pimply 14 year old who's best insult is calling someone a virgin. I mean, I lost my virginity around the age of 14. That's the average age, right? Next time, at least have the maturity and intelligence to come up with something better if you're going to take the time to reply to me. 

2. Did you really just spell it fanboi? Moving on, you do know this game was first released like... 4 years ago right?  Whether you accept it or not, the game's been around a while. Just because you can't "accept" that doesn't mean you can act like it just came out yesterday. Yes, there are people who enjoy this game, and know and enjoy talking to Chris. He's a cool guy. To quote Kanye, he has a dope life and does dope stuff. When you actually present the "facts and logic" you're talking about, maybe we can have a civil discussion about it instead of resorting to calling people virgins.

EDIT: Hold up, just checked your profile. You registered your forum account in February of this year. So you've been around for like, 7 months total. I can tell you're new here seeing as you don't know who Marin is. So basically, all of your "logic and facts" come from your "knowledge" of the shell of a game that PT is right now. You don't know much man. Don't attack people for no reason with nothing to back your arguments up.

Edited by dane0

Now that Chris is back - any hint on what will be the next update? :P

Edited by Taxus

Now that Chris is back - any hint on what will be the next update? :P

This is what scared away Chris in the first place.

Is this game coded in PHP and SQL or what...?

Well, judging by what chrome's "inspect this element" makes of it I'd say a combi of JQuery, JavaScript, JSon and a lot of server-side scripting. Maybe PHP but it's impossible to know exactly what is going on server-side.

The use of JSON could also indicate the presence of a MongoDB database (or similar) alongside a relational (SQL) database.

At this point, anyone left is deluding themselves into thinking this game will get past Beta. The devs are clearly no longer interested in fulfilling whatever committment they had to the game's progress and development. Regardless of what Dane says.

I have full faith in Chris and his team, that we will be getting results eventually, winter is coming and that tends to give you some spare time as you spend more time at home. I my opinion what the game really needs is the trading feature to get operational, as that will let player start interacting to together, and make the game a completely different environment. As our nations seem to be in an isolated world of there own.

I have full faith in Chris and his team, that we will be getting results eventually, winter is coming and that tends to give you some spare time as you spend more time at home. I my opinion what the game really needs is the trading feature to get operational, as that will let player start interacting to together, and make the game a completely different environment. As our nations seem to be in an isolated world of there own.

We haven't recived any update, or even any actual news, in months upon months. At this point, all we're getting is ultra-vague comments from Chris or Admins bascially saying "Please don't go! There will be an update!".

It would be nice if they at least gave us some information on what will be implmented next, and a time window for said update would be excellent, but we cannot even get that.

I'm loosing hope rapidly for this game. It won't be long until I will assume this game is completely dead.

But you know what? If this game dies, that will be alright. We understand Chris probabaly isn't making a lot from this game, he also has a life outside of this. If he wants to abandon this that would be perfectly fine, but please at least tell us so we don't have to constantly keep leaping as a decreasing amount of hope.

At this point, anyone left is deluding themselves into thinking this game will get past Beta. The devs are clearly no longer interested in fulfilling whatever committment they had to the game's progress and development. Regardless of what Dane says.

If the Dev Team is done, I pray they at least give it to someone else, and at least announce it's dead instead of just letting it's player base die out naturally.