Varun

Iraq

13 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on the new ISIS forming in Iraq and Syria

This isn't anything new, really. We basically created this when we invaded Iraq.

But these Jihadists will never stop. Were not fighting something like Nazism. We're fighting a religious ideal with a large and devout following. No, our war isn't against Islam itself, but that's what all the mid east conflicts and all this endless war comes down to. Holy war.

No standard solution exists.

ISIS is ********ing scary and we handed these people guns. Now they have half the Iraqi army's crap and want to keep expanding.

On the other side, we sit here nuts deep in dept, still talking about aiding the moderate rebels in Syria and we stand here with no idea how to handle it.

Going back into Iraq sounds inevitable. That also means Syria.

Fun fun.

You know,I am not American,don't know much about this.Just saw it in news.

If the ISIS does win and take full control over Iraq and Syria they will face a reluctant but more than capable West, with a hostile regional powers Iran, Saudi Arabia and a trigger happy Israel, a uneasy Jordan and a growing regional power Turkey. 

i can see ISIS attack Jordan and Iran and Saudi Arabia comes in with aid from everyone from Israel, EU to the US. 

Iran is already involving themselves in this. They have no choice other than let their neighbor become a symbol of everything they aren't.

The list of enemies of ISIS isn't small but we still allow them them to exist. Getting rid of ISIS is not foreseeable ATM.

Iran is already involving themselves in this. They have no choice other than let their neighbor become a symbol of everything they aren't.

The list of enemies of ISIS isn't small but we still allow them them to exist. Getting rid of ISIS is not foreseeable ATM.

Irans involvement is limited, and it isn't that we allowed them to exist, but they were so small and non dangerous compared to al qaeda and they weren't seen as a threat, and they just blended into the the over all extremes/unhappy Muslim population. 

Irans involvement is limited, and it isn't that we allowed them to exist, but they were so small and non dangerous compared to al qaeda and they weren't seen as a threat, and they just blended into the the over all extremes/unhappy Muslim population.

That's total BS because they were never small. Our media alone has been speaking of them (despite the name changes) for years.

In fact, I myself saw them getting involved in Syria. Which lead to me beliefs that Assad wasn't lying about a terrorist takeover.

We have this issue so ********ed up, we should have never invaded Iraq.

That's total BS because they were never small. Our media alone has been speaking of them (despite the name changes) for years.

In fact, I myself saw them getting involved in Syria. Which lead to me beliefs that Assad wasn't lying about a terrorist takeover.

We have this issue so ********ed up, we should have never invaded Iraq.

Isis started in 2000s and only achieve memberships into the hundreds to thousands in early 2006-7 but they weren't the only ones with memberships that lager and there were other groups who at the time were believed to be more extreme...

It was only until the Syrian civil war did we witnessed significant growth in their numbers and their ability to fight which before this point was pretty poor.

And i agree the US shouldn't of invaded Iraq..

So even though there is an actual group forming a caliphate across Iraq an Syria in this mans name:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_al-Baghdadi he must not exist just because he's hiding.

Saddam was hiding once too. Who knows what happened to him? Oh wait..

Oh he exists - he is a product of US funding indirectly or overtly. It's obvious there has to be a boogey man for fear, control, and justification for US meddling and the perpetual war machine and I'm so sick about it. We fund the Taliban and then they're the enemy. We fund Hamas (ISIS) and then they're the enemy. I don't see government ignorance - this is by design - and until the oligarchy is overthrown or a new wave of moralist invade the highest reaches of this great land, it's never going to stop.

An no, we should have never, ever invaded Iraq....

Edited by Kinyodas

I sort of find it painful to read the rants of people who think the world is giant conspiracy.

And none of our war mongering is fear mongering. Its just business. A very profitable business. As long as people want to massacre each other, Murica has guns for all.

I sort of find it painful to read the rants of people who think the world is giant conspiracy.

And none of our war mongering is fear mongering. Its just business. A very profitable business. As long as people want to massacre each other, Murica has guns for all.

^This.

I don't expect ISIS' "Caliphate" to survive very long, as they have antagonized absolutely everyone. I'd expect some combination of attacks from their hostile neighbors and/or any of the great powers to force them from power in their occupied territories in the next few years, though they'd meld back into the woodwork like the Taliban did and probably survive as an organization, reverting back to guerilla terrorism.

Edit: Not to discount the Iraqi people resisting Sharia overreach as one more pitfall against ISIS.

Edited by Elsuper