LazarusCarnabuci

The Official Unofficial New Map and Rules Thread

101 posts in this topic

Hello! My name is Lazarus! I will be trying to host a new map and rules thread for this RP. There will be some changes to the rules at my discretion, but if someone posts, I will gladly consider changing it according to the community's wishes. The entirety of the map rules have been changed excluding AoI and since Military Tech and Military Units have yet to be re-released they are also being changed. Though I'm not yet decided on how to change them. Otherwise here are the rules, with any non-applicable ones (due to changes) crossed out. 

Hello! This map is only for those engaged in PTRP, or Project-Terra Role Play. We subscribe to a very limited set of general rules:

GENERAL RULES

1. No pixel-hogging. There is a common sense limit imposed on land size.  Final discretion goes to the RP Moderators.

2. No being a dick. There's no need for OOC rudeness or anything of the kind. If you have an issue, keep it in-community and talk it out like men.

3. Don't simply copy and paste stuff from other nation-building game RP stuff to here. For those from CN or NS, make something new.

4. Cooperate.  Map space is limited, and people want to RP with others.  If you want to be isolationist, go ahead - but be an active isolationist!

NATION RULES

1. For non-military resources, you have what you have in-game. This means research and major cities!  If you only have two cities in-game, you only have two major cities in RP to use for technological hubs, for example.

2. For military resources, you have what you can possibly have in-game. If you don't have ICBMs researched, for example, then you can't use ICBMs. If you have them researched but NOT BUILT for money concerns, then you can still use the ICBMs in RP. Same goes for air force, navy, etc. You will be required to prove you can build them.

3. You don't have to use your in-game nation name, ruler name, etc.; feel free to change these.

4. During consensual RP, rule #2 can be voided. For instance, if you and I were to engage in warfare and I had ICBMs and you didn't, if we both agreed to give you ICBMs then you're allowed to have them IN THAT CONFLICT ONLY.

5. Also, natural resources are exempt from rule #1.  Every country is understood as self-sufficient for the purposes of this RP.

Thank you Aves for the original rules, and map located here: http://forum.project-terra.com/index.php?/topic/6885-ptrp-map-and-rules-thread/

NEW MAP RULES

• It has been discovered that the entire surface area of The Planet Terra is 2,131,770 km(Subject to Change discuss idea in thread please)
  • Each pixel is equivalent to 5km2 (Subject to Change discuss idea in thread please)
  • Only request an addition to your territory if you have grown 50km2 or more.
  • If an area is requested that is not evenly equal to the 5km2/1pixel ratio, you will round up to add one pixel. Ex: 557km= 112 pixels
  • You are given an "Area of Influence". When you claim an Area of Influence, or AoI, then you can choose an AoI up to three times (300%) the size of your RP Territory. Sub-rules for AoI:
    • AoI can overlap.
    • All citizens of a country RP'd by a player are under his control when AoI is not overlapping.  All non-citizens in a country AoI are under his control when AoI is not overlapping.
    • When it is NOT a part of territory, your AoI is contestable.  If your AoI overlaps, neither player has sole control over the people in that AoI.  Both players are free to RP as they wish, within reason.  Disputes over control in a contested AoI go to the RP Moderators.

NEW MILITARY RULES

To be perfectly honest guys, I have no clue about how to RP wars and battles at this point in time. So please make suggestions below.

THE MAP

Political Map - Updated 8/27/2014

To request addition to the map please post below, with a general area already marked please, if you're unable to figure out how to mark an area, please give me a general area using the geographic map made by Aves (Link Below for Reference)

Geographic Map - Made by Aves

Personal Note: I am new to Project-Terra, but I was in the Late part of the Alpha for a very short amount of time. I plan to RP on here, but I get busy time to time and as such I may not and may just remove my nation and focus on editing the map. I would also appreciate any help or advice on how to host a roleplay specifically on Project-Terra, I've roleplayed on many other sites, and hosted many roleplays but never on Project-Terra. I'm also very iffy on my land rules, but I mainly made it so we know for sure there's no one who got a little to much, and someone who got a little to little.

Edited by LazarusCarnabuci

Great news! I look forward to getting back into this. Thanks for the revival, the aptly-named Lazarus.

Here's my claim: http://imgur.com/oPf0gM7 please mark it as "Luskentyre". It's about 1000km 2, which is bigger than my current IG size, but it's what I plan to expand to soon. I just eyeballed the AoI, so if it's too big let me know and I'll adjust. 

Edited by Caster

Fox Fire and Caster have been added, Though I couldn't give you all of your land Caster, so I used you're current amount of land to make your territory. If you we're maybe a few square km away from 1,000 I could have given it, but I can't rightfully give you 1,000km2 when you are only at 500km2, though I assume you are saving your cash to buy the land so please tell me when you are done and I will add the rest to your territory. And using the old thread, I believe AoI is completely different from land you own, but rather is just where you hold a large sway of influence.

Don't you think 1 pixel per 5 sq. km is pretty small? I get it, our nations aren't huge, but they do seem ridiculously small right now.

May I suggest 5 sq km = 1.5 pixels, a.k.a. 10 sq. km = 3 pixels?

I understand, what with the chronic land shortage we have going on ;)

It was moreso because I made the rule of pixels = sq. km literally so everyone gets a fair amount based on land based on their current land, giving you double just didn't consciously seem right, and cause someone might later on say "Oh well you gave him 1,000 sq km before he had it" when land becomes more crowded, though see the next suggestion as the ratio is still in discussion.

Don't you think 1 pixel per 5 sq. km is pretty small? I get it, our nations aren't huge, but they do seem ridiculously small right now.

May I suggest 5 sq km = 1.5 pixels, a.k.a. 10 sq. km = 3 pixels?

I do think that, and I am considering changing it to a higher amount. What you're suggesting makes less land on the map (Calculations Below) so we would all grow quicker, and fill the map faster right?

Current Land km= 2,131,770 km2

Each Pixel = 5 km2

Land Mass Area (in pixels) = 426,354

Suggested Pixel Size = 10 per every 3

426,354 pixels / 3 pixels = 142,118 chunks of 3 pixels

142,118 Chunks of 3 Pixels x 3 km= 1,421,180 km2 for suggested world size

Admittedly we may need more pixels per km, like I said in my first post, I am new to Project Terra rp, so I would be happy to see people discuss it, so I can change the rules to the communities views.

Yay. You gave me just the borders I wanted.

As for size, I'm not sure. Terra coups gain a lot more players as the game progresses.

Though, I don't have a problem with the current size.

I'd like to play. Can you place Grillichnya on the string of islands in the southwest? My current land size is around 1900 sq km...If that's too big to fit on just those islands, spill the remainder over onto the large island to the SW of them, along the eastern river.

Edited by Grillick

Map updated with Grillichnya, and glad you're happy fox fire  :smile: also I'll keep the question up for debate as to the size.

95PbO.jpg

Size: 1232 sq km

Name: Norfalland

Can I please have the river valley and not be landlocked? :)

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Taxus

Someone really should pin this thread. I hope to see more nations living next to mine!

Updated with the nation of Lost Heroes.

Also since 1,830 km2 couldn't give you all of the islands I did the math to tell you how much you need for the rest of them, you need 245 km2 to get the rest of the chain, I figured I should let you know since you probably wanted all of them.

Updated with the nation of Lost Heroes.

Also since 1,830 km2 couldn't give you all of the islands I did the math to tell you how much you need for the rest of them, you need 245 km2 to get the rest of the chain, I figured I should let you know since you probably wanted all of them.

Thanks, the land area you gave for name is great though.

Grillichnya's land area will be 2000 by the end of the day. It should be expanding up along the river on the "mainland."

Are we actually doing AoI on this? Am I allowed to claim that?

I will be making a seperate map for AoI soon, but I am trying to figure out what it was meant to do, whether it should only be applied to the top powers of the world or whether every nation has an AoI, I'm not sure yet. 

Also I will have the map updated probably in the next hour with Foxburo and Grillichnya expansions.

Map Updated

Edited by LazarusCarnabuci

Norfalland has grown from 1232 sq km to 1291 sq km! Please help me keep expanding in the river valley :)

Updated, tried doing the update on my laptop but couldn't so I had to wait to get back to my desktop.

It's all good now though

Could I have the area near the river on biggest continent on the left with the biggest lake on the right of the continent. The area also has a rocky texture with two small lakes in that area so if my country could be there, I would be thankful. My country, Ignazio is also 124 KM's and it naturally has Rubber, Crude Oil, Wheat, and Clay so I think that area would be the best place to have my country in. Thanks! Either way, you can decide for yourself but I generally think that's the best area. LINK to my country: http://project-terra.com/Nation/View/Ignazio

Could I have the area near the river on biggest continent on the left with the biggest lake on the right of the continent. The area also has a rocky texture with two small lakes in that area so if my country could be there, I would be thankful. My country, Ignazio is also 124 KM's and it naturally has Rubber, Crude Oil, Wheat, and Clay so I think that area would be the best place to have my country in. Thanks! Either way, you can decide for yourself but I generally think that's the best area. LINK to my country: http://project-terra.com/Nation/View/Ignazio

I suggest you to buy more land, like a lot more. The current immigration rate is way to low... Your nation will have a hard time to grow.

Note to everyone I will be on vacay for the next week or so. I will make all updates when I get back to my desktop.

Lazarus