Avakael

Impersonation?

9 posts in this topic

I'm not sure what you're asking? Why was he impersonating you? I have no idea, you'd have to ask him. Not sure how the mod staff could answer that. 

Uh what, Isn't that sort of, you know, illegal?

Identity theft is illegal...

Identity theft is illegal...

Yes cause two wrongs make a right. Why don't we just release all known murderers upon each other in a gladiatorial type setting and only let the victor spend the rest of his life in jail if we are throwing the Justice system out the window.

Now, throwing that movie worthy mostly unrelated allegory out the window, he didn't steal his identity, he stole an online alias, that this person uses. This isn't identity theft, or if it is, it's quite a stretch. The man/woman most likely had no clue who the person was, but just went with it when people assumed he was them. Now assuming he also may have known, he still shouldn't have his identity revealed, no matter how much anyone likes that idea, that's a huge breach of privacy, and while you may think it's a good idea, plot twist, project terra could be shut down if a moderator turned over that info, as I'm pretty sure the government does have laws in place to protect such info, and punish any such website or person that turns over said info.

Well oké, turning over info about the suspect of a presumed crime to the victim isn't a good idea and you're probably right about this not being identity theft, legally speaking.

And, after reading back my last post, I can't blame you for assuming that I would ever think it is a good idea (I don't)  :whistling:

In my opinion a mod should check the forum to see if Avakiel deliberately impersonated the OP and, if so, block or delete his account but it will probably be a waste of time. The last time Avakiel logged in was 2 years ago...

The only usefull thing the OP can do is to make sure the posts made by Avakiel are deleted where necessary.

Well oké, turning over info about the suspect of a presumed crime to the victim isn't a good idea and you're probably right about this not being identity theft, legally speaking.

And, after reading back my last post, I can't blame you for assuming that I would ever think it is a good idea (I don't)  :whistling:

In my opinion a mod should check the forum to see if Avakiel deliberately impersonated the OP and, if so, block or delete his account but it will probably be a waste of time. The last time Avakiel logged in was 2 years ago...

The only usefull thing the OP can do is to make sure the posts made by Avakiel are deleted where necessary.

I can agree with that action, it seems reasonable.

There is zero chance any information about a community member will be turned over to another community member barring a legal order to do so. If we suspect crimes of being committed, the information will be turned over to the appropriate authorities, not other members of the community. 

Secondly, Avakael isn't your identity, it's an online alias. No crimes were committed here. Nor were any forum rules broken by the community member linked. 

Thread locked.