DJHonore

Financial "Problems"

22 posts in this topic

I may have ran myself into a serious problem. I got excited and bought a boatload of stuff for my new nation and now I'm over $3,000,000 in debt and counting. I looked at my treasury page and it turns out I'm in debt because my expenses are bigger my income. Anyone know any ways to raise my nation's income quickly?

close all of them?

Close public companies. They cost more than they earn due to a bug.

I tried that but it only boosted my income a little bit. I am looking for a much bigger income boost

Raise your personal tax rate, you can raise it to 45%. It lowers your average income but you tax take would rise faster. Crime, pop happiness, gov satisfaction and literacy will all take a hit but is worth it because the extra money will allow you to fund more schools, clinics, police etc

Also raise your population growth. You currently have negative immigration (people moving away); buy more land to increase both immigration and birth rates. Target a population density of around 800 people per km2 . At 513 000 inhabitants you would need just under 650km2 to achieve the density target.

As your unemployment grows initially don't worry. When it hits 15% (approx) new private companies will form: more citizens working = more personal tax take, more companies = more corporate tax take.

For future reference if your wanting help that's more specific to your nation post the link of you nation page in the thread so people can find it easier.

If you want to mak it easier for you to manage your nation I posted the spreadsheet I use and a user guide in this thread. Covers population/energy and resource production.

Edited by David Neibig

Liquidate your inventory.

What "inventory"?

You mean the International Market? If so, than I don't think you understand me, i want a CONTINUOUS revenue stream without my input.

Don't we all!!! Yuk Yuk!

Seriously, taxes are the only way I know to do it. Certain laws can enhance your revenue through taxation.

besides taxes. what about certain laws (ex. Fatty Foods Act)?

Yes - all laws have a trade off - more taxes mean less happy people. I know you really want that continuous revenue, but manufacturing ans selling on the market will get you the best return.

i don't care about "the best return", i want "lazy income" where I don't have to do much except tax this and that or fund this and that. and can you be a little more specific about the laws?

i don't care about "the best return", i want "lazy income" where I don't have to do much except tax this and that or fund this and that. and can you be a little more specific about the laws?

Just try to do things for your self before asking. Besides, a lot of info has already been posted on this forum so your questions might already have been answered somewhere else. To answer your question: any law that has the word 'tax' in it will increase your income. Most laws do pretty much what you expect them to do.

I have a negative income. I just bought a bunch of gas stations. Should I sell them all? If so how, I see no options for disbanding companies.

I have a negative income. I just bought a bunch of gas stations. Should I sell them all? If so how, I see no options for disbanding companies.

Don't build public companies; they drain all you money.

To sell them go on the companies tab. when you've selected the type you want to sell just enter a negative (-) number using a minus sign and then click found.

Get rid of ALL public companies ASAP, unemployment will naturally fall due to private companies autofounding once unemployment goes high enough (approx 15% but law dependent-my threshold's currently somewhere between 12 and 13%)

Edited by David Neibig

Once you start getting a positive income, consider creating lots of extractors, refineries, warehouses, and energy plants as you can afford to.  The resources collected can be sold on the market for extra income once the needs of the population are met.

Then once you got the income, gotta get tons of land. Just... tons of land. In my opinion. I have no idea what land actually does.

Then once you got the income, gotta get tons of land. Just... tons of land. In my opinion. I have no idea what land actually does.

Reduces pop density -> improves birth and immigration rates -> more people faster -> reach autofound level faster -. more taxpayer & company tax income

Hahahaha! I don't have a problem anymore. thanks to good lawmaking and low taxes, I know have over $222 million.

Hahahaha! I don't have a problem anymore. thanks to good lawmaking and low taxes, I know have over $222 million.

You should have high taxes. The most profitable balance in the games current state is:

45% - Personal Tax

100% - Corporate Tax.

Unless you're holding an election.