Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
q8999

Day 3 in game first thoughts.

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I started playing this game 3 days ago and its got a cool concept! I'm enjoying it but I'm hitting a few snags which are annoying me, as I would like to see this game improve, I thought I would put my intail thoughts on the forms for the deveoplers and lovely people in this forum to go over:

- First, please allow me to reset my nation, this game is complex and its entirly possible for someone to completley do the wrong thing the first time around, then they realise in a few days time and never play again =(. It would also let us 'Make' our nation as we want to at the start.

If it is addopted I believe that the nation resources the same as before otherwise people will just keep reseting untill they get the desired resources.

Also for vets who just want to start over, it would be nice to be able to do it without having tp create another account.

- Second, the Government section is broken ( I know we are in beta) but its broken, I have 441 Seats out of 500, so with this in mind why are these outcomes happening:

Why am I losing votes?! There is no way a government under the UK system, can I lose any vote, with a 191 seat majority... none, if it did the government would collapse. Why hasn't my government collapsed. It can't be my approval rating because is above 82%... 82%! That means people will scarifice their childern for me... but I lose votes to my MP's =P No, sorry just no.

Why do I have to wait 24 hours untill I pass another law? Now to be fair I can understand that this can draw the game out a little but surely, I should be allowed to pass a law once a day not just call a vote on them.. or how about 2 votes per day.

Failing that, the timer should go and it should be once per day, not per 24 hours... I find this very frustating...  does anyone else?

- Thrid, logistics its kind of fun to have to plan out food production levels etc, but what about the private sector? Most of the world distrubites its food via private companies... so why do I need to bother.

Like I say this was my first thoughts that came to mind when playing the game in the first few days. Let me know if you agree/ disagree... want to hurt me... wait no not the last one =P!

Forums are your friend, buddy! Pretty much everything you're looking for is in here - and yes, there is a learning curve, it just takes time. Some laws are just tough to pass and it is government responsibility to feed the masses no matter which leanings your country takes.

Half finished game is half finished.

If you join NPO, we have guides that will show you how just about everything is done.

Unfortunately the community is rather dead right now

"Some laws are just tough to pass and it is government responsibility to feed the masses no matter which leanings your country takes." - Pork Soda

Sorry mate, got to completely disagree with you on the "feed the masses"  - very few governments feed their people. Even North Korea uses privite distrubtion of food in order to "feed the masses" - BBC documentary (2010, I believe).

As for passing the laws, yes there are a few that are hard to pass, but with a majorty of 191 and an 82% approval rating, I should be able to get pretty much anything through. After an indepth comb over of all the stats I can view, there does not appear to be any other factors that can effect the out of bills... at this point. Unless there are some factors i'm missing? * I meen in the game not in real life*

- Fox Fire

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it later.

I know its half finsihed, just pointing out some areas for improvment.

I was refering

"Some laws are just tough to pass and it is government responsibility to feed the masses no matter which leanings your country takes." - Pork Soda

Sorry mate, got to completely disagree with you on the "feed the masses"  - very few governments feed their people. Even North Korea uses privite distrubtion of food in order to "feed the masses" - BBC documentary (2010, I believe).

I meant within Project Terra; you are solely responsible for feeding your people.

And the name's not Pork Soda - that's an honorary title only earned at The DMV - My name is Mud.

Edited by Kinyodas

As for passing the laws, yes there are a few that are hard to pass, but with a majorty of 191 and an 82% approval rating, I should be able to get pretty much anything through.

As in real life, just because a party has a majority vote, doesn't always mean that everyone in said party will vote on said law. For example, in the history of the United States, there has been plenty a time when senators voted against their party, or simply didn't vote. This happens not only in the United States, but many countries all over the world. I believe that the developers did this to add realism to the game.

Edited by Varspasian

As for passing the laws, yes there are a few that are hard to pass, but with a majorty of 191 and an 82% approval rating, I should be able to get pretty much anything through. After an indepth comb over of all the stats I can view, there does not appear to be any other factors that can effect the out of bills... at this point. Unless there are some factors i'm missing? * I meen in the game not in real life*

- Fox Fire

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it later.

I know its half finsihed, just pointing out some areas for improvment.

You just dont understand the game mechanics. For one, if you have an 82% approval rating, that tells me that your nation is not set up for optimal growth. The chance of getting a law passed has nothing to do with what your people think of you. It is highly dependent on two key factors.

1. The laws you have already passed.

2. The ammount of seats you have on your "senate."

Your own party members will not always vote for you, and it's a lot easier to pass laws that go hand in hand with what you've already passed.

That being said, my senate looks like this:

RoFSenate_zps68c5893d.png

Now I know there is a lot of room for improvement. But before adding or changing things, it's probably best to let the game get back up to the way it was before.

Edited by Fox Fire

"As in real life, just because a party has a majority vote, doesn't always mean that everyone in said party will vote on said law." - Yes but in the UK a government with a 191 majority can not lose a vote on anything. If it did there would be a "vote of no confidence" and the government would desolve.

"You just dont understand the game mechanics. For one, if you have an 82% approval rating, that tells me that your nation is not set up for optimal growth. The chance of getting a law passed has nothing to do with what your people think of you. It is highly dependent on two key factors.

Your own party members will not always vote for you, and it's a lot easier to pass laws that go hand in hand with what you've already passed."

I know, thats why am asking. Though point two is my entire point that my majortiy is pointless.

Point one, is a good one to make but a new nation has nothing to judge a standard to. So I would state either there are other factors? Or that the law system needs to be ironed out to be a little more realistic/ playable. 

P.S The specific law that seams impossible to pass (two attempt, in three days) is National Draft.

Edited by q8999

"As in real life, just because a party has a majority vote, doesn't always mean that everyone in said party will vote on said law." - Yes but in the UK a government with a 191 majority can not lose a vote on anything. If it did there would be a "vote of no confidence" and the government would desolve.

"You just dont understand the game mechanics. For one, if you have an 82% approval rating, that tells me that your nation is not set up for optimal growth. The chance of getting a law passed has nothing to do with what your people think of you. It is highly dependent on two key factors.

Your own party members will not always vote for you, and it's a lot easier to pass laws that go hand in hand with what you've already passed."

I know, thats why am asking. Though point two is my entire point that my majortiy is pointless.

Point one, is a good one to make but a new nation has nothing to judge a standard to. So I would state either there are other factors? Or that the law system needs to be ironed out to be a little more realistic/ playable. 

P.S The specific law that seams impossible to pass (two attempt, in three days) is National Draft.

Even with my majority it is still hard to pass certain laws, just to point that out.

- First, please allow me to reset my nation, this game is complex and its entirly possible for someone to completley do the wrong thing the first time around, then they realise in a few days time and never play again =(. It would also let us 'Make' our nation as we want to at the start.

+1. There should be a "reset nation" option.

- Thrid, logistics its kind of fun to have to plan out food production levels etc, but what about the private sector? Most of the world distrubites its food via private companies... so why do I need to bother.

+1. Private resource distribution (companies who automatically distribute resources to your people) and semi-private businesses (companies which are partially state-owned) need to be included in the final game.

Edited by Lizard25