Varspasian

Chris was on today.

47 posts in this topic

Don't waste your time being snarky at the people annoying you. I'd much rather that you spend that time, working on reintroducing the features to the game/making the progress that people are wanting.

Just to clarify, I'm not directly complaining about the lack of progress but I sure do miss some aspects of Alpha's gameplay.

In any case, if you were to make the progress people are after they'd be forced to stfu.

Edited by David Neibig

Aside from the rewrite, sure.

"Blah blah blah, this isn't a pissing contest, but my life is harder and I've done more, blah blah blah." I think you've missed the point.

Aside from the rewrite? rewriting code that already exist isn't hard, regardless how bad the coding was. 

And the point was, there has been little show of any progress or effect to keep the community active, this is a huge failure on your part as the owner of  PT. 

Don't waste your time being snarky at the people annoying you. I'd much rather that you spend that time, working on reintroducing the features to the game/making the progress that people are wanting.

Just to clarify, I'm not directly complaining about the lack of progress but I sure do miss some aspects of Alpha's gameplay.

In any case, if you were to make the progress people are after they'd be forced to stfu.

Don't waste your time? this is the first time in a very long time Chris has even replied and maintain a conversation with any PT member, trust me he doesn't waste his time, with people like me.

And Yes Chris, please show us some progress so people like me can stfu.

Aside from the rewrite? rewriting code that already exist isn't hard, regardless how bad the coding was. 

And the point was, there has been little show of any progress or effect to keep the community active, this is a huge failure on your part as the owner of  PT. 

Don't waste your time? this is the first time in a very long time Chris has even replied and maintain a conversation with any PT member, trust me he doesn't waste his time, with people like me.

And Yes Chris, please show us some progress so people like me can stfu.

You clearly don't understand this game, then. The rewrite took considerable effort as the techniques necessary for the real time updates are tricky. Especially with the market (which was new).

"Blah blah, failure" don't care to respond

As soon as I manage to get the game into a state where it can be deployed again (surprise, I've been overhauling things), then I will.

Guys, I think we should stop the arguing and just be glad that Chris is back and that work is going to do continued.

I have every fate in Chris completing the game, I have been waiting for it since September 2012. I remember playing the game when it was fully running, I played it for about 6 months or so.

Its a great game no game out there comes close to PT. Its the best balanced game, being both complex but simple at the same time.

Only those who got the chance to play it in the beginning before it crashed, really understand what I am saying.

Can wait to see this game fully running once more.

Yes its a great game. I really dont care if a reset will occur or just waiting being fully released. It has a great concept within and the minutes I spend daily ( not many) are spent pleasantly. Thats enough for me.

"...deployed again..." as in, start from scratch?

Not planning on it. I am just changing something up in the way databases are done and I need to finish that before I can actually deploy any changes. The plan is to take those changes and gracefully move data.

Thanks Chris, for ensuring that a restart wouldn't happen. Also thanks for spending some time on the development of this game.

Thanks Chris, for ensuring that a restart wouldn't happen. Also thanks for spending some time on the development of this game.

Oh Canada...

Wait, so is the reason for slow development because of a lack of funds? Or a lack of programmers? Or what?

Edited by President Etreus

Wait, so is the reason for slow development because of a lack of funds? Or a lack of programmers? Or what?

Its the lack of everything really. 

giphy.gif

I imagine lack of time from the developers. Though Chris seems reasonably active IRC wise.

I think if we have to make a thread about the owner being online as important, we can pretty much give up hope.

I think if we have to make a thread about the owner being online as important, we can pretty much give up hope.

Congrats, your post is the first post of April... 4 days in and thats not counting the last days of March.

The day there will be an update is the day the universe explodes!

lol

Chris I mentioned that I am in the hospital a lot for my Cystic Fibrosis and really all I can do when I am in there are simulation games that keep me motivated and from being bored to death while I am laying in my hospital bed.  I even sent you a message to ask to please let me know if I should still even login or if I should move on.  I dont have much anymore due to my health, and I look forward to playing games like this.  It's really all I have. When I do go home from the hospital, I am on Home IV's, which makes me feel sick a lot!  I just want to know if this is still something that I should be monitoring.  Using Logistics no longer works right, I cant buy Timber, and if you really are no longer interested in this, no longer have the desire for it and have moved on yourself, I am cool with that as that happens in life, but can you please let me know if I should do the same.  You dont know what it is like to have a terminal illness and all you can really do day in and day out is use the computer and play games.  It gives me an escape from the fact I wont ever be 50.  So, I am asking you to please, be kind here and let me know if I too should let go of my nation here and move along?  Thank you Chris. 

may we get a date range, for hen you think a new update will come out?

Give or take 100 years.

:P