DJHonore

Raw Resource Variety

6 posts in this topic

Anyone think that the developers should make it so that all players can progressively have access to ALL the raw resources or should it be research-based?

No. It makes it more interesting as it allows for a market and trade - makes more of a community.

Anywho, you cant research iron ore into your country's earth.

However, access to other refineries would be nice.

No. It makes it more interesting as it allows for a market and trade - makes more of a community.

Anywho, you cant research iron ore into your country's earth.

However, access to other refineries would be nice.

That's what I meant, more extractors and refineries

That's what I meant, more extractors and refineries

Refineries yes, extractors no.  As Kinyodas said it makes no logical sense. Being able to research and then perfomsteel production despite not having iron in your country could be interesting but you'd still need to import all the iron in this situation. This is a long way down my list of things I want in the game, we would (if by some miracle we ever get them) need the basics up first.

Refineries yes, extractors no.  As Kinyodas said it makes no logical sense. Being able to research and then perfomsteel production despite not having iron in your country could be interesting but you'd still need to import all the iron in this situation. This is a long way down my list of things I want in the game, we would (if by some miracle we ever get them) need the basics up first.

David,

I agree in that situation but, I was thinking more along the lines of the food and energy extractors/refineries. the way the game is now, your nation is too dependent on one source of energy, and one food item.

David,

I agree in that situation but, I was thinking more along the lines of the food and energy extractors/refineries. the way the game is now, your nation is too dependent on one source of energy, and one food item.

You could learn to refine oil, despite not having any domestic crude resources, but you can't suddenly learn to have crude in your country (same goes for Nat Gas and Coal). Food is a different matter since you can learn to grow crops/herd livestock.

Ability to research refineries: Yes

Ability to research extractors: Only logical for food extractors