SirWinkler

Three Items Thread

17 posts in this topic

There should be one on every forum. It tells us all about the community - moreso than our posts about our nations, perhaps.

You've brought all of your very most prized possessions (real or not) with you on a cruise. Suddenly, the boat begins to sink. You grab three things and head straight for the lifeboats. Nearby is a deserted island.

What three things did you grab to take with you to the island?

RULES:

-Items that require accompaniment with another (ie: vinyl records) will count as two items. Sorry folks.

-Try to make the things tangible and current. Don't bring "the internet" or "my teleport pad."

-No homing beacons. :). Flares, mirrors, etc. are allowed.

-Keep it interesting but not ridiculous. In general, bring your comforts of life but nothing that will instantly save you or make your life a walk in the park. Ideas are books, music, knives, matches, etc.

-Feel free to provide a brief explanation with your three items!

1) Dark Side of the Moon vinyl. Best album ever made? Indeed.

2) Appropriate record player, of course!

3) Handy dandy all purpose knife. Never know when you'll need to cut or build.

Some runners-up: Cormac McCarthy's The Road, Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, a mirror (fires, signaling), Rush's Moving Pictures (will YYZ help me connect to an airport? I can only hope), and toilet paper.

Edited by SirWinkler

Its supposedly something Pirates used to do to people. Leave em with those three things on a dessert island. IDK if its true or not, but its fitting.

1: my laptop
2: my phone
3: my ipod

Since these three things are on me at all times anyways (except for occasionally the laptop), i expect to be the first person off the ship, and will use the lifeboat as shelter until help arrives.

1: my laptop

2: my phone

3: my ipod

Since these three things are on me at all times anyways (except for occasionally the laptop), i expect to be the first person off the ship, and will use the lifeboat as shelter until help arrives.

brony ~gayqueer- proves his worthlessness to life gud job

As a reminder, the forum rules prohibit abusive behavior. That is not the type of environment we want in this community and it will not be tolerated.

As an addendum, if you feel a post needs to be reported, please do so. It helps out the staff. But once you make a report, do not post in the thread to say you filed a report. It clutters up the thread, moves it off topic, and will likely devolve the thread into an argument over the validity of the report. The report system is private and between the reporter and the Moderation Team for a reason. 

Thanks folks. 

1. Satellite Phone

2. Phone Number to a pizza delivery place

3. Copious amounts of money.

Just making sure the "report stupid things" system still works :3
The reason for me picking those things, is that those are the most valuable things that i would take with me on a cruise. Kindof trying to minimize monetary losses. And it fits into the "what i normally have on my person" category.
Left pocket: keys, wallet, ipod charger(its /really/ small, about the size of a quarter)
Right pocket: phone, ipod

1) Dark Side of the Moon vinyl. Best album ever made? Indeed.

2) Appropriate record player, of course!

3) Handy dandy all purpose knife. Never know when you'll need to cut or build.

Some runners-up: Cormac McCarthy's The Road, Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, a mirror (fires, signaling), Rush's Moving Pictures (will YYZ help me connect to an airport? I can only hope), and toilet paper.

Absolutely fantastic taste in music and books! Moon is great, though I think I'd rather have 2112.

1) Duct Tape

2) Guitar Collection (I have too many)

3) Lots of extra strings, and I mean looots.

Honorable Mentions:

My music collection. (Can't go wrong with Rush, Floyd, and not-well-known goup The Dixie Dregs.)

The Elenium book series by David Eddings

Laptop and book to learn to code

A girlfriend

Absolutely fantastic taste in music and books! Moon is great, though I think I'd rather have 2112.

1) Duct Tape

2) Guitar Collection (I have too many)

3) Lots of extra strings, and I mean looots.

Honorable Mentions:

My music collection. (Can't go wrong with Rush, Floyd, and not-well-known goup The Dixie Dregs.)

The Elenium book series by David Eddings

Laptop and book to learn to code

A girlfriend

This seems like it should be more than an honorable mention...

This seems like it should be more than an honorable mention...

Hey, if I can sing and play guitar, I'll just write serenades. The girls will come flocking to me  No need to bring one :P

1) Magnifying Glass (Not a mirror)

2) Knife

3) The Count of Monte Cristo (Arguably one of the best books I ever read)

I figure a magnifying glass is a good way to start fires. More reliable than matches for the simple reasons a) you won't run out of matches, B) if the magnifying glass gets wet it doesn't prevent you from starting a fires whereas matches won't light. A knife would be helpful for cutting, carving, gutting, building/crafting, etc. so its always good to have. And for my entertainment purposes The Count of Monte Cristo. Highly recommend it to people to read.