Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demosthenes

Patch Notes Preview

62 posts in this topic

We know it's been a while since we had a major update, and decided we should give you guys a sneak preview of what's coming up in our update later this week.

Patch Notes Preview

• A page has been added to allow players to link their Alpha and Beta accounts.
    • To show our gratitude to those who stuck with PT throughout Alpha, those who link with an Alpha account will be given a ribbon, an immediate $500 million aid package, 200km of land, and access to nukes two weeks before they are released to the rest of the playerbase.
  • The World Bank has been reimplemented. To celebrate its opening, there are no borrowing limits and no interest rates for the next month.
  • Laws have been released. For more details on law mechanics and our reasoning behind them, please see the Dev Watercooler post on the topic. Please note that only the Republic government option will be available by default; other government options may be purchased for $5 billion each.
  • In an attempt to generate acceptable profits, public (state-owned) companies no longer pay their employees. I hope you're happy.
  • In an effort to revitalize the game and prevent it from becoming dull or monotonous, special nation events are being added, which may randomly affect your nation at any time. Some examples (out of many):
    • Giant Meteor: A giant meteor slams into your nation's capital, causing widespread destruction and flinging your nation into chaos. Nation population is reduced by 50%, all infrastructure in your capital is destroyed, and per-capita income and resource output are reduced by 75% for 20 days.
    • Golden Age: Your nation enters a golden age of production. Growth, per-capita income, and resource output are doubled for 20 days. Autofound occurs twice as often.
    • Violent Uprising: Your people become unhappy with your rule and decide they would be better off without you. They rampage through your capital and murder all government personnel, including their leader. Your nation is destroyed and you must start a new one.
  • Logistics have been removed. Your people don't need to be babied.

hehehe...

(spoiler)Confirmed for April Fools (/spoiler)

Edited by Strigon

How do we know which type of account have?

Where you here two(?) years ago when the game was hacked and taken down?

*edit: How long has it been again...?

Edited by Strigon

I'm trying to figure out which of these are real (in honor of April 1). I've narrowed down my list...

I believe the meteor is the only thing actually being implemented.

I'm trying to figure out which of these are real (in honor of April 1). I've narrowed down my list...

I believe the meteor is the only thing actually being implemented.

50% casualties seems ridiculously high to me, I crossed that one off of my list.

50% casualties seems ridiculously high to me, I crossed that one off of my list.

>_> sarcasm does not translate well over the internet.

I was kind of hoping for some actual patch notes.

Sorry, the law system is decently large and requires a few things to happen at once. I managed to get through the basics today, so now we'll just need to put up a panel for the mods to start actually moving laws and then a bit of refinement to what I finished this week. I wouldn't expect it to take too much longer before at least the basic laws are ready to go.

Are their plans to provide some kind of actual non-April-1st benefits/recognition to Alpha players? I realize the $500M/200 km2 of land package is a bit crazy.

I wouldn't mind the ribbon though. ;)

Are their plans to provide some kind of actual non-April-1st benefits/recognition to Alpha players? I realize the $500M/200 km2 of land package is a bit crazy.

I wouldn't mind the ribbon though. ;)

It should be for anyone that was around before the game was hacked. And i ribbon would be nice c:

It should be for anyone that was around before the game was hacked. And i ribbon would be nice c:

I concur. I hope I don't have to prove I was present on Alpha via a forum account though... I had a nation, but never made a forum account. :(

What kind of timeframe are we looking at, Chris? Could it be done by the weekend?

What kind of timeframe are we looking at, Chris? Could it be done by the weekend?

Rule #1 of Project Terra. Never ask for a timeframe.

Every time someone asks it adds another two weeks.

The two weeks are spent preforming calculations to determine when the work will be done, and may or may not be successful in determining an exact date. The calculations may include but are not limited to:

coin flipping

crystal ball reading

dice rolling

sleepwalking

rocket science

lots of time spent watching Oprah

Rule #1 of Project Terra. Never ask for a timeframe.

You guys... I have taught you guys well. (Also, I love the wow definition soon, always have)

Regardless, I have been making good progress with the db what has actually been pushed live and I'm working on the actual pages at the moment. I think the slowest part of this will be actually redoing the laws since there were a lot of them, but once a small number are ready, we can trickle the rest in as we go.

You guys... I have taught you guys well. (Also, I love the wow definition soon, always have)

Regardless, I have been making good progress with the db what has actually been pushed live and I'm working on the actual pages at the moment. I think the slowest part of this will be actually redoing the laws since there were a lot of them, but once a small number are ready, we can trickle the rest in as we go.

I'll take that as "soon-ish, but lol I dunno" ;)

Logistics have been removed? I actually find that really lame.

I mean, what do we do with resources without the logistics part?

Yay - I like to baby the populace - and energy and building resources!

Removing logistics makes energy and food useless.

I have to agree all nation in the world must provide resources for there populations and economies