Joediplomat

Building a new city

7 posts in this topic

Question:

Does building a new city help to increase a nation's net income? Or is it a drain on resources? I'm trying to jump start my economy in the absence of laws. I earlier posted that when companies auto found they add to my net income and when I start a national company I lose net income. So does building a city work in the same way or does it help add to a nations net income and resources?

It adds more citizens to the workforce, meaning more tax-deductible income, and a higher growth rate.

A link to your nation always helps.

How do you add a link for the nation. I'm pretty bad with working computers.

I just copied the link in my URL bar. Hope this helps. You could probably follow this right to my nation.

http://project-terra.com/Nation/View/American_Republic

But if there is a more professional way of setting nation links to the forums let me know. I'm not very computer savy.

Word of advise, don't found your own companies. Let profound do it for you. Whenever you create a company, you have to pay for both the startup costs and the wages for employees. The return takes forever. So long that its really not worth it.

As for new cities, it ALWAYS a good idea to make new cities. Not making new cities is... Well, not growing.

Just make sure you have an adequate amount of land and that you are supplying your cities with sufficient services.

If you're new to the game, I really recommend joining an established alliance that can teach you the mechanics.

Or at the least, read this:

http://forum.project-terra.com/index.php?/topic/9685-what-you-need-to-know-basic-startup-guide/

did i miss something or do you need 20 odd warehouses to upgarde your third city to metro?

There was an update that now requires more resources for future upgrades depending on how many upgraded cites you have or.something like that.

Yeah, it sucks. :P