Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Garibaldi

New Format

21 posts in this topic

How is everyone liking the new formatting of PT??

I think all in all it's pretty swell, tabs are working far better!

Might take a while getting used to is all

It definitely takes getting used to. No problems with it other than the fact that the laws seem kind of squashed together. Otherwise not a bad look

It definitely takes getting used to. No problems with it other than the fact that the laws seem kind of squashed together. Otherwise not a bad look

Yeah I was gonna ask if the changes to the laws were on purpose. It's weird to me that the name of the law and a brief description of what it does are both in the same area without any differentiation.

Also we can only look at one law at a time? ;_;

I don't really like it, tbh. Aesthetically it's.. mediocre, but I'm quite annoyed by the reduced functionality. It takes far more clicks to views things, and the law list is quite broken with regards to separation between the name & description. 

And I just noticed that it's impossible to change somebody's alliance rank. That's completely broken.

I think the new format looks great on my phone, and I'm very happy for that improvement. But I don't think it works as well on the PC...It would be better to have the new format as a dedicated mobile version of the site (m.project-terra.com) or something, and go back to the old format for regular displays.

On the main nation page and the city management screens I rather liked the old table showing all the stats at once (and the aesthetics of it), but I can see how the current format would be better for mobile devices. :)

Edited by Richard VII

Market page is really... messy. City management page busted.

It would have been better implemented if the mobile enhancements were only applied if on mobile device? I have to agree it's a bit... frustrating to have to multiple click to get to my resource lists under current stats

I love the new mobile version!! :D

So much easier!!

*Huggles Chris*

Now Im just trying to figure out if I actually woke up at 2am and saw this, or if Im dreaming of PT. :/

In the previous format it took less clicks to view things.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the bright red but I can get used to it.

If all this greatly enhances the user experience on mobile devices then it's a good change.

I don't really like it, tbh. Aesthetically it's.. mediocre, but I'm quite annoyed by the reduced functionality. It takes far more clicks to views things, and the law list is quite broken with regards to separation between the name & description. 

And I just noticed that it's impossible to change somebody's alliance rank. That's completely broken.

I have a problem with managing alliance ranks also... already posted a ticket in the game technical 

In addition to improving the experience on mobile I believe that the format changes were also meant to improve page load times. If I remember correctly in testing the speed increase on some pages was immense. (Standard caveat, my memory may be faulty and I could be remembering some other change we were testing.

In addition to improving the experience on mobile I believe that the format changes were also meant to improve page load times. If I remember correctly in testing the speed increase on some pages was immense. (Standard caveat, my memory may be faulty and I could be remembering some other change we were testing.

They're uh, worse for a lot of pages.

They're uh, worse for a lot of pages.

I guess ymmv, I haven't noticed any of them opening slower, and a few of them (notably the main nation page) appear to be opening faster for me. I never recorded any load times from prior to compare though so I can't say for sure. 

(The market, however, remains interminable, though I'm fairly sure that's due to the way the offers are pulled, rather than anything else.)

If you have specific pages you see loading noticeably slower, let me know what they are and I'll make sure it gets put on a list to be checked out. 

I guess ymmv, I haven't noticed any of them opening slower, and a few of them (notably the main nation page) appear to be opening faster for me. I never recorded any load times from prior to compare though so I can't say for sure. 

(The market, however, remains interminable, though I'm fairly sure that's due to the way the offers are pulled, rather than anything else.)

If you have specific pages you see loading noticeably slower, let me know what they are and I'll make sure it gets put on a list to be checked out. 

Off top top my head, loading the main nation view page takes a good 10 seconds plus when you're on any other page on the site. The market takes forever, and sometimes bugs out after loading it and throws elements on random parts of the page. The edit cities page takes pretty long, and so does anything within alliance management.