Varspasian

Chris was on today.

47 posts in this topic

Chris was on today. Could this possibly be the return of the owner?

Chris was on today. Could this possibly be the return of the owner?

He hopes on every now and then, lately he has been more active than normal, but i dont think its a comeback, because of the fact every other MOD/ADMIN is non-active...is the only one thats remotely active. 

I remember last year or maybe the year before that a rumor was going around that Chris was actually someone who work/owned with other Nation simulation game and when PT got too big he was able to buy it and was trying to forcing it into the ground and force players to move on....Looks like it was true, No updates, Refuses to sell, community all but dead, he did what he came here for...destroy PT. 

Edited by Ahovking

He hopes on every now and then, lately he has been more active than normal, but i dont think its a comeback, because of the fact every other MOD/ADMIN is non-active...is the only one thats remotely active. 

I remember last year or maybe the year before that a rumor was going around that Chris was actually someone who work/owned with other Nation simulation game and when PT got too big he was able to buy it and was trying to forcing it into the ground and force players to move on....Looks like it was true, No updates, Refuses to sell, community all but dead, he did what he came here for...destroy PT. 

ROFL.

Never attribute to malice what is eminently explainable by, you know, multiple other explanations that don't require an insane conspiracy theory. 

I should probably remove this, but I'm laughing too damn hard. Well done. This made my day. 

ROFL.

Never attribute to malice what is eminently explainable by, you know, multiple other explanations that don't require an insane conspiracy theory. 

I should probably remove this, but I'm laughing too damn hard. Well done. This made my day. 

WOW..your alive..some admin.

Also i guess you haven't notice how dead the community have gotten. 

Calling PT a "community" is stretching the definition just a little too far.

Huh, I'm a part of a conspiracy. I wish this was true, I could have probably gotten paid :(

You also could've gotten paid by working or selling this game. Just a suggestion, since you know, you aren't really working on it. No offense but seriously, at least do something.

Oh, right, that. Yes, I could do that. That thing. That thing I could do to get paid.

I'll get right on that.

I actually have been working on it a bit lately, so I really am getting right on that.

Oh, right, that. Yes, I could do that. That thing. That thing I could do to get paid.

I'll get right on that.

I actually have been working on it a bit lately, so I really am getting right on that.

Nice, what you going to add next? :)

Just throwing it out there again - is there a 'help wanted' list or anything the community can contribute?

Huh, I'm a part of a conspiracy. I wish this was true, I could have probably gotten paid :(

That's ok Chris, I got paid by the conspiracy in your stead. I'll send you some pizza or something as compensation.

That's ok Chris, I got paid by the conspiracy in your stead. I'll send you some pizza or something as compensation.

giphy.gif

Maybe the only one who knows how to develop PT is demosthenes or however you spell his name since he is the only game developer :o

Edited by jake5999

Or... maybe I've just been busy and such.

Everyone knows you're only allowed to work on your non-profit game. Having a life and requirements like work? Psh, who has those?

Or... maybe I've just been busy and such.

I honestly understand, i have University, Work, Part-time College and my small APP/Software Business, I am extremely busy...But it doesn't take me more than 6 months to make progress on my apps and to connect and grow my small community of followers. 

Hi there Chris,

I just wanted to say that you for creating this game.  I have terminal Cystic Fibrosis, which is a genetic lung disease, and it has gotten to the point that all I really can do is play games like these.  I really do enjoy it as it takes my mind off things.  I look forward to when the game is fully up and running.  With that said, dont worry about those on here that give you a hard time about that.  I know how life can sometimes get in the way of things. 

Again, thanks man for creating this!

I honestly understand, i have University, Work, Part-time College and my small APP/Software Business, I am extremely busy...But it doesn't take me more than 6 months to make progress on my apps and to connect and grow my small community of followers. 

I don't see the need to turn this into a pissing contest. You don't know my schedule, I don't know yours, and it's safe to say that neither of us lives the other's life.

Chris, I wouldnt even give those guys a moments thought.  It is you that created this game, and able to do so despite a busy schedule.  And it is free for god sake.  It is amazing people can ******** and moan about things that are free to them.  My name is Daniel BTW.  Again, thanks man for the game, I just started not long ago so there is a lot for me to do, and I really am having a blast with it!!

Also Chris, I know right now the game is not creating an income for you, however, when there is an option for players to make donations to the game and receive in-game bonuses of some sort, I'd jump at that chance when available.  I would think that if folks are complaining about wanting more of the game up and running, then perhaps they can chip and and offer support yes? 

I don't see the need to turn this into a pissing contest. You don't know my schedule, I don't know yours, and it's safe to say that neither of us lives the other's life.

No one wanted to turn this into a pissing contest Chris, I was pointing out that i have a unusual busy life and yet been able achieved more than you have since you took over PT, i mean, if your really are struggling, ask for help, if you cant pay someone to help, you can offer 3% to 10% of future profits or ownership of the game.

Ive watched this community die Chris..Ive alway been a huge supporter of you but even i have now lost my faith.

Chris, I wouldnt even give those guys a moments thought.  It is you that created this game, and able to do so despite a busy schedule.  And it is free for god sake.  It is amazing people can ******** and moan about things that are free to them.  My name is Daniel BTW.  Again, thanks man for the game, I just started not long ago so there is a lot for me to do, and I really am having a blast with it!!

Also Chris, I know right now the game is not creating an income for you, however, when there is an option for players to make donations to the game and receive in-game bonuses of some sort, I'd jump at that chance when available.  I would think that if folks are complaining about wanting more of the game up and running, then perhaps they can chip and and offer support yes?

Chris didn't create the game Daniel, He simply bought the game, and since then we have seen very little change, most of the community have left and what is left are the few like myself and the newbies like yourself who don't seem to stay for very long. 

PT has had a very long history, and sadly it is at a very sad state currently, its slow and many functions that worked before are currently not working, we spend most of last year with little communication between Admins and the community, Im complaining because ive been here long enough to see we are going no where but backwards.     

Edited by Ahovking

Chris didn't create the game Daniel, He simply bought the game, and since then we have seen very little change, most of the community have left and what is left are the few like myself and the newbies like yourself who don't seem to stay for very long. 

Aside from the rewrite, sure.

No one wanted to turn this into a pissing contest Chris, I was pointing out that i have a unusual busy life and yet been able achieved more than you have since you took over PT, i mean, if your really are struggling, ask for help, if you cant pay someone to help, you can offer 3% to 10% of future profits or ownership of the game.

Ive watched this community die Chris..Ive alway been a huge supporter of you but even i have now lost my faith.

"Blah blah blah, this isn't a pissing contest, but my life is harder and I've done more, blah blah blah." I think you've missed the point.

Nah, it's just the same stuff that people have been saying for a while. I've not been particularly active at development for quite some time, so it's not surprising. The fact that I'm around now is just increasing the complaints since I'm being snarky.